The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:55 pm 

I want to post some pics of my latest scratchbuild, but the files are too large. I have no idea how to resize tem or whatever I need to do to get them to fit on this forum. Any one that can break it down Marine-proofed? :please:

http://www.modelshipgallery.com/gallery ... index.html

Report this post
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:46 pm 

sgtryan13 wrote:
I want to post some pics of my latest scratchbuild, but the files are too large. I have no idea how to resize tem or whatever I need to do to get them to fit on this forum. Any one that can break it down Marine-proofed? :please:

Sarge,

Do you have photo editing software on your computer? You can resize the picture to a smaller pixel size, which will decrease the file size. If not, you can e-mail them to me and I'll do it for you and send them back.

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." John Wayne

Ship Model Gallery

Report this post
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:17 pm 

If you use Windows XP, go to http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

and download the "image resizer" (at right). Once installed, you can create a smaller picture by right-clicking a file and choose "resize" and then "medium".

Should work wonders, as do most of the tools at the above link such as the Alt-Tab tool, Tweak-UI, Synctoy! I'm not sure, but I think the image resizer also adds "routate (counter) clockwise" when you right-click an image. No photo software required.

Report this post
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:59 pm 

Thanks guys, I think I figured it out a little, still not quite happy with how it's working, but I'll keep messing with it.

http://www.modelshipgallery.com/gallery ... index.html

Report this post