The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 516 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 26  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:34 am 

captainpugwash wrote:
First of all, I'd like to say hello as I'm new here. Thanks to Jim Baumann for inviting me along. His has certainly got to be the biggest tip I have seen. looks like a candidate for one of those reality TV cleaning shows! :heh:

I've seen some bloody untidy workshops in my time, but mine looks positively sterile in comparison!

here ya go!

Jim

Welcome to the forum Cap'n! Nice set up :thumbs_up_1:

Report this post
 Post subject: model studio
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:02 pm 
Hi model mates,

I’m new on this forum but some of you might know me from the “Debris Field”
Jim Baumann made me aware of this topic and I thought it might be fun to post some pictures of my holy kingdom.

I suppose my model studio is the most stylish one! Then again I used it for more then just for modeling (obviously also to house my 60’s70’s design collection) Behind the cupboard is store all the model stuff when I need it out of the way and I store all those piles of boxes with kits I still need to do (out of the way means less de-motivation)

Best,

Onno Heesbeen

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:03 pm 

:woo_hoo: :woo_hoo: :woo_hoo:

Many ships built and many other to built on your workbenchs

:thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1:

Welcome aboard Captainpugwash
:lol_spit_1: :lol_spit_1: :lol_spit_1:

here is Jef's Shipyards & a few pictures of my building.

In the drawers are littles parts for scratch.

The man near the gun...That's me when I was 20 yo

In this drawer , barbettes & guns

Near the oliphan, is my plywood reserve...

Some pics of more 30 years of modelling

Jef :thumbs_up_1:

Report this post
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:45 pm 

Here's my "offical" workbench.....I mostly do scratchbuilding out here, but it's in the 70s here so I brought my stuff outside to work on....

Jef: that's an amazing display case of models there! :thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1:

http://nssavannah.wordpress.com/

Report this post
 Post subject: My Workbench
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:41 pm 
hello Gentlemen

Here is Rainer Michaelek from Germany

...here are some pictures of my 'kingdom', a seperate room where I can build away undisturbed.

Any bigger than 1/200 scale is however the absolute limit in size indoors, I have to be outside in the shed-not tempting in winter. Once a model is completed it is displayed in an unused room in the other house

Rainer :wave_1:

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:50 pm 

Here it is, a pretty standard mess on the living room table (I could never work in the basement: I can't stand the evil, enourmous kit stash observing me while I try to complete at least one...

Have a look at the ship... is rather unusual.

BTW, I was used to expand my "navalware" to many places in the house in the past. Now, with my daughter around, I was already been forced to group the naval library in the basement, deploy a strict surveillance patrol on the bench, and cut "naval time". I realize I am going to loose this battle: resistance is futile... :wave_1:

Report this post
 Post subject: My workshop space
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:45 am 
hallo

Paul Neuhaus here: :wave_1:

here are some photos of my sanctuary...

Like all of you I have some kits in reserve.... as well as Tea!

Current Project is HMS Nelson in 1/700,

Regards

Paul :wave_1:

--

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:13 pm 

I have a small modelling room which has plenty of natural light

My modelling table is a family heirloom: an old kitchen table that my dad used to build his free-flight aeroplanes in the 1960's....
A small display case has a stock of small unmade kits. The bigger stash is in the garage.
Many of my models are in a home made display case. Larger aircraft models are kept in another room (but space is running out).
Here is a photo of Combrig's HMS Triumph nearing completion on my modelling table...

Happy modelling!

Pat

Report this post
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:18 pm 

So this is where I build my models, currently pretty well-organized yet normally WAY more chaotic

I can just say that the specimens on display so far as as colorful and unique as the group of dedicated people behind them.

Have a good time modeling, you all, says

Frank

Report this post
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:55 pm 

OK; here is Willie´s, from North-West Spain, as messy as any other, so no complaints admitted about it either ... :jest:
Best regards,

Willie.

Report this post
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:47 pm 

Here's my bench. It's actually the dining room table in my apartment. You can see my current projects all in 1/700--USN Vietnam-era aircraft, Soviet MiGs/Sukhois, L750 Krokodil, and a Pauk II.

Mac

Report this post
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:00 pm 

Here's a picture of my little corner of the world

Report this post
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:21 am 

Jason M. wrote:
Vladimir..dude, where did you get those display cases!?I have been looking for something JUST like those. ????

Got them in Ikea.
http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stores/s ... &langId=-1

Vladimir

Report this post
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:15 am 

Well, David!
This is the most fun thread I've seen in along time! Thank you for bringing it up.
Below you'll find 2 shot of my sanctuary after a clean-up session, which took me about a full day (Sorry 'bout cleaning up, guys! :heh: ). However, even in the bad days, I can not compete with the best of you.
Even though the race is close, I still favour JB's heap. Reason? You have not seen the floor, yet! I have! In fact, I slept there and found "pinged parts" on/in/about my clothing even a week later :rolf_3:

Thanks to Jim for inviting me to this post!

Guido
http://s125.photobucket.com/albums/p43/bilk1968/?action=view&current=Workbench2.jpg

http://s125.photobucket.com/albums/p43/bilk1968/?action=view&current=Workbench1.jpg

(For some reason the image posting won't work! :mad_1: )

Report this post
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:49 am 

Hi all.

Being out for the past week, I nearly missed this thread. One of the best in a loog time!. So, this is my workbench. Nothing has been changed to take the pictures. Just as it is, with Arkona and FFG in the making:

I know, I know, Kenny. A lot of wingy thingies. Forgive me, please, before you go ballistic as I am a former helo pilot and they are all naval helicopters. :heh:

Cheers.
Pachi.

Report this post
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:39 am 

This is a very facinating thread. Seeing other modellers "work rooms" is a privilage and I must confess mine is less than tidy. But the monster 2m long Kiev is in the picture.More on this to come . In the carry box is KM Blucher.
Dave Wooley

Report this post
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:29 am 

I see Jim is pushing people into this.

Mac, which Pauk II are you building? Indian version or Russian version?

Here's my space, at least the Constitution left the desk now!
Because of my "young" (cough cough) age, I can still sit on the ground and hence use the ground as a building space too. I just move my desk lamp to the ground to get some more light and then I have all the space I need. I use the big black stone to cut stuff and mess around with the Milliput and a big, 0.5cm cardboard piece to build and sometimes cut too. Also the plans are put onto that so I can easily measure etc.
Painting mainly happens on the desk. The first R/C attempt is also on the ground as you can see.

[/img]

Report this post
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:52 am 

Gentlemen im very impressed with your work stations :lol_3:
Sadly i cant show you mine as i simply dont have one to speak of, i use a large wooden hinged box and a small tool box to keep all my stuff in, plus the dining room table to work on, but i must put it all away when finished modeling each time or my life wouldn't be worth living. Trying to put some money aside to convert my old run down garage but its not going to be cheap, i might even post it in the scratch building section as a 1/1 scale :lol_1:

Roy

Report this post
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:44 pm 
Starling Models
Starling Models

roy allen wrote:
Sadly i cant show you mine as i simply dont have one to speak of, i use a large wooden hinged box and a small tool box to keep all my stuff in, plus the dining room table to work on,

Roy

Me too. but I have several boxes.

Mike

http://www.starling-models.co.uk

Report this post
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:22 pm 
My workbench, more a work desk! The orange tent below the desk is used as a short range practise target by the cats. The decoy works, I can leave the model on the desk, they have never done anything to it. Note the lack of superstructure. Leaving it on would be stupid, that is ecactly what the cats are waiting for. The bridge is in the small wooden box at left which defeats all their destructive attempts.

The secret to my success is knowing what to spend where. High-end audio is more important than an airbrush. This isn't high end though. Note the sloppy paint work on the door. I've never been fond of detail work.

The workbench storage room. Note the lack of compressor. I'm currently "in between". A few larger Hood parts are visible at right.

The left part of the book storage is devoted to a few ship books. Note the collection of Japanese. I have a feeling I will need them after HMS Hood. High end audio visible, this is my beloved rear-left speaker.

I have to share my modeling workbench with the cat demolition squad. The owner (namer Blair for phonetic reasons. If you have ever heard a Siameze cat demand food you'll understand) has applied demolition range camouflage but is revealed when emitting a photon ping.

The missus (mouse) refuses to be photographed on the demolition range, but is included as Caroline might be watching!

Report this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 516 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 26  Next