The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:07 pm 

NigelR32 wrote:
Has anyone else ordered parts from modellschlachtschiffe.de? I have made an order worth €47.50 and have paid via Paypal.

I have emailed and have received no response whatsoever, not even an electronic receipt?

Am I alone, or have others experienced the same with this company?

I placed a PayPal order for a like amount (@ USD $100) on March 11 (18 days ago).

I wrote in German and even added to my order (after receiving a helpful reply after inquiry in German from Herr Hafemann). I don't know what the English capabilities of the folks at modellschlachtschiffe.de are. There is an English button for looking at their product list. Most Germans are somewhat schooled in English. Naturally, most people in the world are a bit warmer if you attempt to address them in their native language. Maybe that's why my E-mail is replied to (?). Anyway, there IS life at the website. The Website begs our patience because it is evidently a "cottage industry" with items hand-produced in small runs. A delivery time of 4-6 weeks after ordering is quoted on the website.

Ordering from an individual website on the Internet is always a small gamble, but I have no inkling that I'm being deceived by anyone here.

Come to think of it, here's one "Brit" modeler who confirms receiving and installing his modellschlachtschiffe.de parts:
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=151888#p577079 This should reassure some.

I simply brought my hull work to a stop while I await delivery of the Kuhlwassereinlaesse (cooling water inlet gratings). There are plenty of sub-assemblies to keep anyone busy on this massive kit while they wait for more parts to arrive.

ADDENDUM: May 15, 2013

CAUTION: Here is a factual report on my purchasing experience from this company (modellschlachtschiffe.de): PHYSICAL ADDRESS: Florian Hafemann, Hermannstrasse 14, 23896 Nusse, Germany. After contacting Mr. Hafemann and obtaining approval, I placed a $100.00 USD order by PayPal on March 11, 2013. As an afterthought, within 24 hours, I contacted Mr. Hafemann again and received E-mail approval to add an additional $50.00 USD to my PayPal order (total order = $150.00 USD). Eventually, April 3, 2013, I received an E-mail from modellschlachtschiffe.de that my order had shipped. But the listed invoice on that E-mail was incomplete. So, I wrote to the company four (4) times over three or four weeks without receiving any reply. By May 3, I had received NOTHING, despite the notice goods had been shipped. I contacted PayPal and received an automated reply that "PayPal cannot provide refunds on purchases of goods of this type." I then E-mailed Mr. Hafemann a FIFTH (5th) time IN GERMAN, threatening to contact the Nusse, Germany Police. I received a prompt reply that my shipment had been made but apparently gone astray and would be tracked...no tracking number given (????) The following day, I received an E-mail (with a new tracking number) that a replacement shipment had been made, but $50.00 of goods still remained "on backorder." I finally received 2/3 of my order on May 15, 2013 (more than two months after ordering), and I still do not know when or if the remaining 1/3 of my order will be received. I AM ADVISING CAUTION REGARDING PURCHASING HERE. PROS: The received goods are nice quality just as depicted on the website. CONS: 1.) Poor company communications regarding problematic orders; 2.) PayPal cannot be relied upon to refund your money if things "go wrong;" 3.) I had to go to extremes (threatening local police complaint) to spur company to action and receive my partial order.

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM.

Last edited by Wilhelm on Wed May 15, 2013 11:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Report this post
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:23 am 

Hmm it seems I am not the only one to be burnt by modellschlachtschiffe I spent well over 165 euro 7 mths ago I waited for 3mths as that what the time frame was for shipping etc received nothing. Email after email later he told me the goods would be shipped nothing at all now 3 mths later still no goods and for the last 1 mth I have sent roughly 6 emails with no response at all from him, granted the last two emails I stated I would go to the german police in regards to fraud etc still no response....... I can not get my money back as paypal says its out of time frame plus the owner Florian has told me the good will be arriving as per the shipping time frame...... no shipping/tracking numbers from him when asked..... VERY POOR BUSINESS PRINCIPALS FROM THIS MAN DONT DEAL WITH HIM AT ALL

Report this post