The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:10 pm 

Hi all,

as a follow up of the fair from last year, again I went and took some pictures at the Goes Model Fair, largest in Belgium-Netherlands-Luxemburg (BeNeLux) area.

Here are the pics of last year's show:
http://www.shipmodels.info/mws_forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=155691

But here I'll post the pics of this years' show.
One of the first things to really see were the RC trucks this year. I had the feeling there were even more than last year.

And of course our club stand. Our Club doesn't do RC officially, although many members are busy with RC of various types as well. However on this fair also a limited amount of static builders are invited.

Report this post
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:38 pm 

Not our club, but something large scale static.

The RC tanks were also present on their usual spot, a terrain with sand hills etc.

And a pretty cool concept I couldn't pass without noticing.

There's also a pretty large corner with large scale doll houses and shops for that part of the hobby. Always worth a look. Although I didn't seem to have taken pictures of the most interesting things there.

Report this post
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:43 pm 

And the next series. More interesting for the boss I guess, TRAINS!!!

(but first I did find a picture of one of the most beautiful parts of the doll house collection) Must have taken some time to build this one:

Next 3 are all in the same "cupboard". Something that amazed me is the attention to lighting they take on these trains. As you can see in some of these pictures, they have a whole overhead structure just for lighting. Also the next 3 pics it was fully placed in an open box, just to get the lighting right...

And here, mind the overhead structure just for the lights:

And something new this year was a large scale train dio. On the right track you can see a small boiler/steam driven loco which was making rounds at quite a pace!

the other side of the same tracks:

And another small scale track:

Report this post
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:08 pm 

And more,

last picture of the trucks before I had wasted enough time and I had to proceed to the BOATS!!!

and the next work of the brilliant Mr. Burghoorn. This time it was the Kortenaer (same builder as the Hertog hendrik from last year's edition).

Report this post
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:40 pm 

And the next batch, ships only this time.

Didn't see these last year and I didn't see them on the water, but there were some pretty impressive sail boats this time. The basin is in fact equipped with three large fans that generate wind on the water on certain times so that the sailing ships can be shown on the water as well.

quite a few of these too, not sure if they can actually sail, but a lot of them were loading/discharging by radio control on the tables:

And a huge fishing boat:

Not a particularily good picture, but note the size of the ship and the propulsion compared to the people around it!

Some nice wooden ships as well:

For some reason I also spotted two of the Andrea Gail. This one is really nice, note the catch.

And the next ship of the same builder as last year's Nikolai Chiker Russian Navy tug. This one is the Skandi Skansen, an offshore service ship. Note the brass detailing and the azimuth thruster below the keel. Quite an impressive ship again, she'll be even more impressive if that Chiker is any reference!

Report this post
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:57 am 

And another "update". I think one more after this and all pics are there.

A beautiful model of the Swedish Kungsholm.

And the big basin.

And for some reason between the RC boats on the tables there were two display cases with many small scale 1/700 or 1/1200 models. I assume they were scratchbuilt, perhaps by one of these RC modellers before he started building large scale. Anyhow a wide collection of rare models:

Image7

Report this post
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:13 pm 

Kind of underestimated the amount of pics I took. Here is another batch and I do still have more to come.

This model looked relatively old, yet it was probably the most impressive ship around. The reason for that were all the functions built into it. A conversation with the builder reveiled that it had a working diver's clock with lighting inside as well. All in all she had 14 different lighting circuits, a total of 28 motors and 14 servo's and many more features. He used three different transmitters to control the thing on the water. Some additional features of this model: working bow and stern thrusters, all davits with lifeboats could be lowered, 2 of the lifeboats could be released and were controllable as sailing models themselves, the fire monitors were operational and could be controlled seperately port side and starboard side, the helicopter went up around 30cm by a support and could turn (also the propellors turned of course) and of course all cranes were fully operational. In total he was building for 14 years on this model together with his father (that's where the aged look came from).

This was one of the new Dutch Zeeland class corvettes under construction.

And a very nice and large model of the Zwarte Zee tug, a very nice looking ocean going tug.

As mentioned, more to come, including pics of the Energy Supporter on the water.

Report this post