The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:59 am 

Resurrecting a great topic for newer users :thumbs_up_1:

Report this post
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:07 pm 

This is the way I display my Models - at the moment I only have 2 Model Ships , 1 of which have the full modern super-detailing
which is the 1/350 IJN Yukikaze Destroyer by Tamiya ( with Infini brass guns and photo-etch etch and BECC Fabric Flag )
- the Battleship is my Tamiya HMS Prince of Wales ( 1/350 ) built in 1991 , with no aftermarket additions ( I didn't know about them )
expect for the Real Silk White Ensign Flag visible - a lovely kit none the less

I use the wonderful Acrylic Display case ( made a few months ago specially ) and
I am very impressed with how strong and light the acrylic cover actually is !
for the Aircraft Kits , a Glass Display case with metal sides - which is very good , but expensive -
these keep the dust off the kits and are well worth the money -
I would also advise any NOT to buy a ' ready - made ' PLASTIC mass-produced display-case
from the internet - as they can stick when you take off the lid , and wreck your object inside -
I was lucky that my aircraft ( 1/48 Mustang ) only lost the left undercarriage leg - which I was able to easily glue back on
needless to say I rapidly sold the display case - and also now pay extra for a bespoke item - pays in the long term

and for the Model Aircraft , an IKEA Cabinet - which is okay , but lets in dust -
I have altered the case , by adding silicone beading to the upper glass pane to stop dust dropping through -
and this helps , I also cheated , by dismantling the case - and adding 2 extra panes of glass - by screwing in
8 X L shaped small metal brackets held in with screws - and fitting the 2 new glass panes on top
- and this worked wonderfully !
I also have a glass shelf , screwed into my study room , where I display my Eduard Focke-Wulf 190 A-8 and the Hasegawa Ki.84 ( Frank )

Report this post
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9