The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:20 am
Posts: 430
Hey rouyax,

I love your work and the photography is excellent. Keep it coming. I can't wait to get further into my Enterprise!

_________________
http://www.f-16.net
http://www.c-130.net

Building:
1/48 Su-33 (decals being applied)
1/48 RA-5C (painting)
1/350 CVN-65
1/350 Gato (painting)


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:06 pm
Posts: 1612
Location: SAN FRANCISCO CA.
How did you make the weapons for the bugs. very well done. :thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1:


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:08 am
Posts: 155
Location: Southern France
Gtb,

All airplanes are tamiya as i don't like the look from those from trumpeter, but fuel tanks and jammer pods come from trumpeter's new plane kits ref 6236 and 6237. Open canopies come also from trumpeter for F14's and F18's, for prowlers, i've cut and glued those from the half bodies from trump. :big_grin:

All armament come from GHQ Micro Armour, ref AC28, link : http://www.ghqmodels.com/store/ac28.html, they come in 1/285th scale in white metal, are a little bit oversized but they look great once installed on planes ! Sparrows make good Harm missiles (once the fins are square cut), GBU-16 make good GBU-24 (fins square cut), GBU-12 are ok, Sidewinders (only the M model) are OK and Mk-82's make good Mk-83's !!! I've bought 10 packs and believe me, it might not be enough !! :cool_2:
Thanks to Kelly Quirk EXCELLENT how-to pages for building his Uss Enterprise, for seats and consoles in open canopies, Wallgreen plastic is used for scratch.
I haven't tried yet kelly's method for making clear open canopies :thumbs_up_1:

Concerning your PM about the look of CVAN-65 hangar bay markings in 1962-1964 era, If anyone has good pics for the hangar in that era, post them and i'll adapt the sheet. :wave_1:

_________________
"What goes up must go down...."
Exception to Newton's Law : The Landing Gear....
http://www.amv83.fr/Navycag/MaddogDesignsIndex.html


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:37 pm 
Rouyax,
I was impressed on how you did a superb job that you did on the two decal sheets for the CVW-8. Do you have any plans to produce the 1:350th scale set of decals for CVW-1 that is currently with the Enterprise CVN-65? the air wing consists of the squadrons: VFA-11 Red Rippers; VFA-211 Fighting Checkmates; VFA-136 Knight hawks; VMFA-251 Thunderbolts; VAQ-137 Rooks; VAW-123 Screwtops; and HS-11 Dragonslayer.

Thank you for looking into this matter, and for your help.

Loren
Wooster, Ohio

E-mail: SteelNavy88


Report this post
Top
  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:08 am
Posts: 155
Location: Southern France
PM me, I'll see what I can do, I've been rather lazy with decal production lately.... :wave_1:

_________________
"What goes up must go down...."
Exception to Newton's Law : The Landing Gear....
http://www.amv83.fr/Navycag/MaddogDesignsIndex.html


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:20 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:16 pm
Posts: 31
I looking for a complete set of Decals for the 1/350 Enterprise CVN-65 Hanger deck?? Also both sides of the blast door!! Can anybody help??


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:08 am
Posts: 155
Location: Southern France
medhawk020 wrote:
I looking for a complete set of Decals for the 1/350 Enterprise CVN-65 Hanger deck?? Also both sides of the blast door!! Can anybody help??


If you have hires pics of the blast door drawings other than those from D&S book, I can include them. Otherwise PM me for the existing sheet.

SteelNavy88 wrote:
Rouyax,
I was impressed on how you did a superb job that you did on the two decal sheets for the CVW-8. Do you have any plans to produce the 1:350th scale set of decals for CVW-1 that is currently with the Enterprise CVN-65? the air wing consists of the squadrons: VFA-11 Red Rippers; VFA-211 Fighting Checkmates; VFA-136 Knight hawks; VMFA-251 Thunderbolts; VAQ-137 Rooks; VAW-123 Screwtops; and HS-11 Dragonslayer.

Thank you for looking into this matter, and for your help.

Loren
Wooster, Ohio

E-mail: SteelNavy88


Good news, I've begun work on CVW-1 2006, doesn't include VFA-11 though... but S-3's were still embarked. Touchdown in a few months. Here are the prelim drawings :

Attachment:
C-2'S CVW1 2006 Profile_redimensionner.jpg
C-2'S CVW1 2006 Profile_redimensionner.jpg [ 57.29 KiB | Viewed 3135 times ]

Attachment:
F-18C - VFA-86 CAG - CVW-1 2006_redimensionner.jpg
F-18C - VFA-86 CAG - CVW-1 2006_redimensionner.jpg [ 43.76 KiB | Viewed 3135 times ]

Attachment:
S-3B - VS-32 CAG - CVW-1 2006_redimensionner.jpg
S-3B - VS-32 CAG - CVW-1 2006_redimensionner.jpg [ 77.28 KiB | Viewed 3135 times ]

Attachment:
S-3B - VS-32 CO - CVW-1 2006_redimensionner.jpg
S-3B - VS-32 CO - CVW-1 2006_redimensionner.jpg [ 46.93 KiB | Viewed 3135 times ]

Attachment:
S-3B - VS-32 LINE BIRD - CVW-1 2006_redimensionner.jpg
S-3B - VS-32 LINE BIRD - CVW-1 2006_redimensionner.jpg [ 43.87 KiB | Viewed 3135 times ]

_________________
"What goes up must go down...."
Exception to Newton's Law : The Landing Gear....
http://www.amv83.fr/Navycag/MaddogDesignsIndex.html


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:16 pm
Posts: 31
Any decals I can get would be most helpful

Email me at medhawk020@yahoo.com or phillip.sheridan@us.army.mil


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:16 pm
Posts: 31
rouyax wrote:
medhawk020 wrote:
I looking for a complete set of Decals for the 1/350 Enterprise CVN-65 Hanger deck?? Also both sides of the blast door!! Can anybody help??


If you have hires pics of the blast door drawings other than those from D&S book, I can include them. Otherwise PM me for the existing sheet.

SteelNavy88 wrote:
Rouyax,
I was impressed on how you did a superb job that you did on the two decal sheets for the CVW-8. Do you have any plans to produce the 1:350th scale set of decals for CVW-1 that is currently with the Enterprise CVN-65? the air wing consists of the squadrons: VFA-11 Red Rippers; VFA-211 Fighting Checkmates; VFA-136 Knight hawks; VMFA-251 Thunderbolts; VAQ-137 Rooks; VAW-123 Screwtops; and HS-11 Dragonslayer.

Thank you for looking into this matter, and for your help.

Loren
Wooster, Ohio

E-mail: SteelNavy88


Good news, I've begun work on CVW-1 2006, doesn't include VFA-11 though... but S-3's were still embarked. Touchdown in a few months. Here are the prelim drawings :

Attachment:
C-2'S CVW1 2006 Profile_redimensionner.jpg

Attachment:
F-18C - VFA-86 CAG - CVW-1 2006_redimensionner.jpg

Attachment:
S-3B - VS-32 CAG - CVW-1 2006_redimensionner.jpg

Attachment:
S-3B - VS-32 CO - CVW-1 2006_redimensionner.jpg

Attachment:
S-3B - VS-32 LINE BIRD - CVW-1 2006_redimensionner.jpg
medhawk020 wrote:
Any decals I can get would be most helpful

Email me at medhawk020@yahoo.com or phillip.sheridan@us.army.mil


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:08 am
Posts: 155
Location: Southern France
medhawk020 wrote:
Any decals I can get would be most helpful

Email me at medhawk020@yahoo.com or phillip.sheridan@us.army.mil


Email sent.

_________________
"What goes up must go down...."
Exception to Newton's Law : The Landing Gear....
http://www.amv83.fr/Navycag/MaddogDesignsIndex.html


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:10 am
Posts: 2491
Location: san francisco
Glad to see your stuff again Rouyax. maybe getting a e-mail from me in a week or so.


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:08 am
Posts: 155
Location: Southern France
gtbred wrote:
Glad to see your stuff again Rouyax. maybe getting a e-mail from me in a week or so.


Sure, you'll be welcomed. Very good work on your sarra and forrestal!

_________________
"What goes up must go down...."
Exception to Newton's Law : The Landing Gear....
http://www.amv83.fr/Navycag/MaddogDesignsIndex.html


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:19 pm
Posts: 1
Dear Sir,

How can I go about getting the decals you have made for the USS Enterprise in 2001, the squadrons as well as the hangar deck?

Thank You


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:08 am
Posts: 155
Location: Southern France
Kyle97 wrote:
Dear Sir,

How can I go about getting the decals you have made for the USS Enterprise in 2001, the squadrons as well as the hangar deck?

Thank You


Mail sent

_________________
"What goes up must go down...."
Exception to Newton's Law : The Landing Gear....
http://www.amv83.fr/Navycag/MaddogDesignsIndex.html


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:16 pm
Posts: 31
rouyax wrote:
Kyle97 wrote:
Dear Sir,

How can I go about getting the decals you have made for the USS Enterprise in 2001, the squadrons as well as the hangar deck?

Thank You


Mail sent



Do you have any other decals that could help me with this build???? I would like my enterprise to look right for 1996 time frame


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:08 am
Posts: 155
Location: Southern France
medhawk020 wrote:


Do you have any other decals that could help me with this build???? I would like my enterprise to look right for 1996 time frame

Can you be more specific about what you're looking for?

I suspect you may need this :
Image

_________________
"What goes up must go down...."
Exception to Newton's Law : The Landing Gear....
http://www.amv83.fr/Navycag/MaddogDesignsIndex.html


Last edited by rouyax on Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:55 am
Posts: 70
Location: California, USA
Hey rouyax,

I'm new at this site and I've just purchased a tamiya 1/350 USS Enterprise. I'm going to try and make it as accurate as possible with complete hanger and all. I read this thread and saw your sample pics the hanger markings. Do you still have those? Are you just providing the artwork or are you able to print them as well? I would have emailed you but I have not figured out how to send messages on this site. Anyway, please let me know if you can help. TIA.

Mike

_________________
Mike


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:08 am
Posts: 155
Location: Southern France
youngtiger1 wrote:
Hey rouyax,

I'm new at this site and I've just purchased a tamiya 1/350 USS Enterprise. I'm going to try and make it as accurate as possible with complete hanger and all. I read this thread and saw your sample pics the hanger markings. Do you still have those? Are you just providing the artwork or are you able to print them as well? I would have emailed you but I have not figured out how to send messages on this site. Anyway, please let me know if you can help. TIA.

Mike

Decals are provided as a ready to print PDF, it'll be your Job to print them on decal paper. PM me to get the file.

_________________
"What goes up must go down...."
Exception to Newton's Law : The Landing Gear....
http://www.amv83.fr/Navycag/MaddogDesignsIndex.html


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:55 am
Posts: 70
Location: California, USA
Hi,

I still have not figured out to send pm/messages on this site. Do you mind sharing your email address so i can email you direct?

Mike

_________________
Mike


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:55 am
Posts: 70
Location: California, USA
Here is my email if that is easier...

bowentouch........@........yahoo.com

( remove dots)

TIA, Mike

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.edit by Jim Baumann:

fao: Youngtiger.


I have modified the display of your e-mail address slightly to prevent you getting unwanted spam ..
:thumbs_up_1:

_________________
Mike


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group