The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:35 pm 

Has being a month since the last update pic progress of the second section, the first pic is of the last bulkhead with the shave of the bow in it, I do plan to rebuild the bow section with the new Technic on how I be marking and cutting out the bulkheads for no on to the stern.

On the bow section I made the main deck park of the keel section covering the keel first, found out the keel channels was too tight and couldn't pull the 18mm
square dowel out without damaging the bow, will start rebuilding the bow after I finish the second section which isn't long away.

Only have two more bulkheads to cut out and will start on the access ramp from the top deck to the main deck, I need to glue in place the upper deck floor to glue in the the wall divider on the ramp upper deck, be better the floor be in one whole piece. Before I start painting the upper deck floor will mark where the divider wall will go. Now I be able to glue the upper floor in place, be the same for the main deck floor, the second last pic showing the ramp the mark line is the width of the ramp and the width of the ramp the top frame of the bulkhead be cut away after the wall is in place.

Still very hot here, no work on my layout, only doing a bit on the bridge of a afternoon.

Tony from hot down under

Attachments:
IMG_2623.jpg
IMG_2623.jpg [ 101.55 KiB | Viewed 111 times ]
IMG_2639.jpg
IMG_2639.jpg [ 114.58 KiB | Viewed 111 times ]
IMG_2640.jpg
IMG_2640.jpg [ 114.58 KiB | Viewed 111 times ]
IMG_2641.jpg
IMG_2641.jpg [ 105.21 KiB | Viewed 111 times ]
IMG_2642.jpg
IMG_2642.jpg [ 107.95 KiB | Viewed 111 times ]
Report this post
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:21 pm 

Stage 2 of my Ro, Ro ship build last bulkhead was glued in last night, Wednesday night I will finish the last side panels of the hull making it easier to glue in the send plating, hull thickness to three mm's thick.

This will make the section section strong and not being too heavy, first pic looking down on the section section three decks, second pic close up of the main deck frame work, last pic of the Upper deck what I be working on neck, still a few weeks of work ahead.

The main deck has to have wall cladding glued in place, I might get the main deck out the way first, at lest it will be easier to paint and mark the the trailer lanes before gluing the main deck floor in place, on a high

Tony from down under, still very hot here

Attachments:
IMG_2652.jpg
IMG_2652.jpg [ 114.76 KiB | Viewed 59 times ]
IMG_2653.jpg
IMG_2653.jpg [ 112.93 KiB | Viewed 59 times ]
IMG_2655.jpg
IMG_2655.jpg [ 107.12 KiB | Viewed 59 times ]
Report this post
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:51 am 

Hello Tony, it is really starting to take shape, you can see the result of all that work. Can I ask how you are going to paint your vessel?. Sorry for the short and late reply - I am in a Police Station doing custody management of prisoners so am keeping it short. Thanks for the email, will reply,
cheers, will

Report this post
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6