The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 343 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: 1/72 Bismarck
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 1:20 pm 

Kiwimedic wrote:
The gun firing will I hope be interesting,

Hi, there! Sorry if it you explained it somewhere before but do I understand correctly you will have actual 'firing guns' on your model? if so I am very much interested to see the electronics and gear to understand how you are going to implement it.

Wish you much success with you model.

Sincerely,

Yevgeniy

Report this post
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:21 am 
are they still available and how much would it be for everything to have a complete detailed running model ?

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:22 pm 
Hi Phil is the 1/7 bismarck kits still available if it is id like to get a price for everything included to make a fully detailed running r/c model thanks steve

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:56 pm 

Hello Kiwi, I'm buildint the German Kriegsmarine Light Cruiser. Your build has Inpired me quite a bit I hope You can get more done to her in the future, and I know how hard it can be at times as life can take over. She is and awsome ship, maybe some day we can Comerce raid together LOL, if We can just get some people to build 72 scale merchant ships.

Report this post
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:51 am 

Hello All
I apologise for being remiss in answering you all.
Truth is I have had a very annoying health problem and it has taken an age to get it to go away.
I have been focusing on work of late. (I am out here in the far north at the moment!)

Steve79 and Dennis78 I am sorry I do not intend to go any further with the sale of hulls at the moment.

Yeveniy
The guns do not actually fire projectiles. I am using much modified turret units out of 1/16 model tanks. This in conjunction with a controller made by a guy in Germany. This interfaces with the cheap turret units from the plastic tanks and talks to my 2.4 ghz Graupner unit. I am using a PLC that goes through a specific set of pre programmed movements on firing of the gun.
There is smoke, noise and a strong white strobe light involved.
Getting it to move smoothly has been very difficult.

Regards
Philip

Report this post
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:55 pm 

Verry nice model. It was what was part of inspireing me to Build the same scale Light Cruiser M from the Z plan. I have some RC freinds here and they are working on turrets for me to shoot plastic BB's. actually a little larger than BBs but I want the effects also. I was thinking allong the lines of a stereo system to simulate the sounds of the guns firing, and a tube shooting out a plume of propane and lighting it off to get the scale effect of the flash. I'll let you know where this goes, however at the moment I'm working on the Hull for the cruiser. As for the Hull of the bismark, Tirpetz, Graf Spee, Sharnhorst, or Prinze Eugan. If anyone wishes to purchace one, or more LOL, I can mold any of them. leave me a Request on my post. and ill forward contact info.

Haratio Fales. Blue Dragon Models.

Report this post
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:58 am 
Hola, buenos dias a todos los de este lindo foro.
Quisiera con su permiso saludar muy especialmente a David Wooley y felicitarlo por este hermoso modelo de Bismarck que encontre por suerte y para mi satisfaccion buscando datos en google image para fabricar los reflectores de mi barco.
Quisiera presentarme, mi nombre es Axel Weller y soy de Argentina, tambien soy modelista naval y llevo muchos años armando un barco de la Kriegsmarine, el Graf spee, tambien publico cada paso construido en este foro: (http://www.modelismonaval.com/foro/view ... =21&t=4572).
Esto no es a titulo de propaganda sino para decirle a David que se comprender muy bien el trabajo que lleva realizado en este modelo y podria calificarlo como uno de los mejores que vi en mi vida (45 años), se lo dificil y tedioso que es hacer cada parte de estas obras, lo que particularmente me llamo la atencion, David son metodos de construccion que ultilizo, muy similares a los que emplee para mi modelo.
Me he recorrido las 17 paginas de este hilo y a pesar de la dificultad del idioma trate de entender lo mejor posible cada explicacion.
He llegado hasta aqui y me quede con las ganas de mas avances, espero pronto poder tener noticias de nuevos adelantos y quiero brindarle mi sincera amistad y animo para que este "pura sangre" que ya a nacido siga creciendo y llegue a completarce.
Un afectuso saludo para usted y todos los componentes del foro.

Animo y salud!

Saludos Axel Weller, Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Traduzco mi mensaje por con traducctor on line.

españolinglésfrancésAlpha
Hello, good morning to all of this nice forum.
With your permission I would like especially to greet and congratulate David Wooley this beautiful model Bismarck luckily I found to my satisfaction and looking on google image data to produce the reflectors on my boat.
I would like to introduce myself, my name is Axel Weller and I am from Argentina, too, am naval modeller took many years putting together a ship in the Navy the Graf Spee, also published each step built on this forum: (http://www.modelismonaval. com / forum / viewtopic.php? f = 21 & t = 4572).
This title is not propaganda but to tell David to understand very well what has done on this model and could be classified as one of the best I saw in my life (45 years), it is difficult and tedious do each of these works, which particularly caught my attention, David is construction methods I use, very similar to those used for my model.
I have traveled the 17 pages of this thread and despite the difficulty of trying to understand language best each explanation.
I got here and stayed with the desire to more progress, I hope soon to have news of new developments and I offer my sincere friendship and encouragement for this "pure blood" already born that continues to grow and reach completarce.
A respectful greeting to you and all components of the forum.

Courage and health!

Greetings Axel Weller, Buenos Aires, Argentina.

I translate my message with traducctor online.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:54 pm 

Axel: the model belongs and is built by Philip (Kiwimedic). Dave Wooley was only posting the pictures for Philip.

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:36 pm 
Hola.
Muchas gracias por la acaracion Timmy C , lo siento pero me confundi de nombres, sepan entender las dificultades del idioma.
Me ha quedado aclarado que el modelo lo construye y pertenece a Philip (Kiwimedic).
Normalmente en mi hilo yo posteo las fotos y soy en que construyo el modelo, por eso seguramente el error.
Entonces mis felicitaciones van para el amigo Philip (Kiwimedic) pero tambien para Dave que ayuda posteando las fotografias.
Nuevamente muchas gracias y espero respuestas.
Saludos.

Axel.

Hey.
Thank you very much for the acaracion Timmy C, sorry but I mistook names, know to understand the language difficulties.
It has been clarified that the model is built and owned by Philip (Kiwimedic).
Normally in my thread I'm posting the pictures and they built the model, so surely the error.
So my congratulations go to the friend Philip (Kiwimedic) but also for helping Dave posting the pictures.
Again thank you very much and hopefully answers.
Greetings.

Axel.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:05 am 

Kiwi medic!

how are things coming--intrigued to see what progress is being made on your giant model!!!!

best wishes from the south

Jim Baumann

IPMS UK SIG (special interest group) www.finewaterline.com

Report this post
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:27 pm 

:good_job: great build but how is this going now anyone no has been a long time :thumbs_up_1:

Report this post
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:48 pm 

WOW!!!! Speechless.

Report this post
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:35 pm 

This is an amazing build out of curiosity is it still being worked on..... regards ..

Report this post
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:13 pm 

There have been no updates for a few years, I hope he is ok. it would be nice to see it finished.

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:09 pm 

Hi does anyone know if the hull is still available. Thanks

Report this post
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:34 pm 

onora wrote:
Hi does anyone know if the hull is still available. Thanks

Why not Email Paul and ask?

http://www.psships.com/page13.html

I don't see it on their website anymore, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's not available.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Report this post
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:45 pm 

Thanks Dave. I was hoping I would be able to.contact kiwimedic
As it's his baby. But I can see no way to PM him so just need to wait and see. As I like the tirpitz and wondered if I could use the same hull. But I read there is changes or not like different bow shape

Report this post
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:41 pm 

onora wrote:
Thanks Dave. I was hoping I would be able to.contact kiwimedic
As it's his baby. But I can see no way to PM him so just need to wait and see. As I like the tirpitz and wondered if I could use the same hull. But I read there is changes or not like different bow shape

well his last visit was July 2014 - it's possible that life has simply swamped him with non modelling work. You could try sending him a PM. Hopefully he answers!

edit: go back to the first page of this thread. The very first post is from Philip (kiwimedic). On the bottom section of his first post is 2 buttons - profile and pm. Click on the pm button and voila!

Dave

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:33 am 

Folks
After a long time in the wilderness, I will be returning with a vengeance.
I am now well and will carry on.
Hello Dave and Jim B.
Kiwimedic :wave_1:

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:56 pm 

That's great news! Glad you are back.

1/700 USS Massachusetts: http://www.shipmodels.info/mws_forum/viewtopic.php?t=166495

Working on:
1/700 IJN Musashi

Report this post
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 343 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next