The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:27 am 

Most of elements about the bloc n°4 are assembled, but there is a lot of details who need to be enhanced or modified. I also made a mistake mark by purple arrow on photo, this part normally was reversed on the other side. I will need to correct that to be in good place.

As you can notice I've still some work to do and some wall to put in place, I need also to modify some corner to round their shapes...

I've add several beams to enhance rigidity of overall structure...

Except the minor glitch at the end of bloc n°4, the overall structure look well...

Project 941 and Project 956...

This part of structure will be add later because she will definitively attach to the hull. I need first to finish some structural form on bloc n°3 (funnel)...

Top of bloc n°2.5 was completely ready for sanding. I've add a lot of putty to correct some surface shapes and undesire traces or lack of glue...

A lot of work still need to do to finish structure shapes. However, I'm pretty happy about the result of this enhancement !

A vue from TK-17'bow of her deck

Both model have the same scale, it's very interresting to place them side by side to compare. Of course, they are not properly sit, their waterlines are not on same level. It sould be interresting to place them to have same location of their waterline to see properly the scale of those monsters :)

Report this post
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:56 am 

Quick updates ;)

A suivre ;)

Report this post
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 5:37 am 

Hello everyone,

After a long pause, i'm on the road again to the shipyard. After I putted primer on the hull, all errors and fault appeared.

Green arrows show all work I need to do. First their is a detail on hull who do not exist on hull n°610 so I need to remove it. Then other parts of the hull mustbe modify or add too.

The faulty detail is remove but there is some bubbles to correct on gelcoat. The places of portholes are wrong but I will correct that

Report this post
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 12:15 am 

A lot of work has been done today, most of it for setting futur improvements and detailling.
First, correctly set the details with some adjustement...

Then fill holes on the hull with putty, sanding later when all corrections will be perfectly dry. Some portholes will be drill and those who are incorrect will be filled with putty...

Working on bloc n°2.5 by adding détails like 2 mm pillar on the structure...

Work in progress on a detail from funnel,this pad is located on the top of the funnel...

Report this post
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 7:40 am 

Hi Wis interesting construction.
:thumbs_up_1:

Report this post
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 6:35 pm 

Last edited by carr on Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Report this post
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 1:39 am 

Meanwhile I'm working on details on bloc n°1, I took a close picture of this part. The wall aren't perpendicular to the floor and like carr said the top floor area is smaller that's means the inclinaison of the wall create a special shape arround the hatches.

I also think that because of the scale, the perception is different from models in 1/72.

:destroyer:

Report this post
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 5:46 am 

Last edited by carr on Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Report this post
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 12:28 am 

carr> Apologies accepted ! :thumbs_up_1:

I've placed on bloc n°1 the photo-etched doors, now there is a lot of work of sanding to remove unwanted traces of resine.

I'm thrilled to have this works behind me because that was a bit tricky to done it perfectly. Besides, after sanding, I will be able to put other details on that part.

Report this post
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 10:11 am 

I'm watching every day, just not logging in each time.

Great to see you continuing this build! And great results so far. I'll be eagerly waiting for updates! :woo_hoo: :woo_hoo:

Report this post
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 2:09 pm 

Neptune> And what about your Udaloy ? :)

Report this post
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 2:43 am 

Amazing build. I follow you every day. She is looking very good.

Jorge

USS Nimitz 1/200
http://www.shipmodels.info/mws_forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=153310

Report this post
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 3:44 am 

Jaguar> Thank you for your support ! :thumbs_up_1:

Still working on Bloc 2.5 (green sector,see below), mission of the day : start to enhance the look of the corridor !

As you can see on those 2 pictures, the ceiling is reinforce with two kind of beam. Large I-Beams and small rectangle section beams. So I need to put them on models. Besides, I also need to enlight with Led the corridor :p

I do not have the precise measurement of the size and the location of the beam so I use photographic material to help me to get a good estimation of each location...

Here we are on model, the large I-Beam are in place on both side of the ship (here starboard).

Smaller beams and led will be add later, I also need to work on the position of the pillars :)

Ok, that's looks not bad, time to continue ! :)

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 10:48 am 

Back to work today on the funnel. :cool_2:

I was very annoyed by the solution given by the manufacturer. Bend this cheap plastic and put it on correct shape was pretty hazardous without proper tools and enough amount of patience. So I decided to do another technics : "Putty shape party" ! :p

After assembly of all plane parts on each face, all rounded junctions will be done with polyester putty. Correctly sanded, that should works fine !

And voilà !

Now, there are only minor corrections on surface to do with extra smooth putty, it's not a big deal :wink_3.gif

Of course, all the works is not finished on funnel superstructure and I still need to enhance some details here and there but, I'm on track with one of the most difficult part of this model ! :wave_1:

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 11:41 pm 

Now it's the perfect time to work on Bloc n°4.

This part is also a bit tricky because I need to finish the superstructure and I want to let me the possibility to remove the bloc without others. I need to modify some building structures to be able to do that.

I use the same method here, that I already use with rounded edge on funnel. I will need to do a lot of sending later...

Same on port side of the bloc n°4...

Actually, I spend a lot of time to check all details I will put and those I will not (less as possible)... and the bloc n°2.5 needs a lot of détails :)

The flight deck cabin is the last part of bloc n°4 to be build, and still everythings must be build with removable status in mind... tough !

I'm almost done with superstructure building, after that, detailling and a lot of work on the hull will be my next moves :)

Report this post
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 11:25 pm 

Today, I start to work on the block n°4. First on Starboard flight deck cabin.

To save me some time I put the door on the wall before place it...

Then I put the wall in place and add a thin piece of styren to help to shape the rounded corner, putty will be add and sanded on the outside to get final form...

I also start to work on the other extremity of blocn°4. I wish to add a lot of details.

I already done a loto of corrections here, and it's looking better. Of course, I still have a lot of work to do here !

Report this post
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:12 am 

Working on bloc n°2 & 3 today. Mission : enhanced surfaces and adding details...

First I put grey primer paint on those parts to get a better view of the work I will do. Then, I decided to enhance the inside of funnel to be the closest as possible to my reference photos.

Primer revealed a lot of glitch I need to fix on surface, as you can see I already put putty, next step will be sanding those surface and I will paint them again with primer !

The top of bloc n°2 is inside the paint cabin and is going to dry. I will be able to add a lot of details after that !

Report this post
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 11:48 pm 

Today I worked on bloc n°2 and more specifically on a detail placed near the top of superstructure.

I decide to put more details, but not too much to avoid to overweight too much this part. Besides, this piece of structure is also partially hide by other details...

Here we are, most of the work is done and ready to go to paint cabine to receive primer.

Report this post
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:04 pm 

I received the heard of the boat, the Elmod Marine Fusion who'll command a lot of functions and motors :eyebrows:

And now I start to test the position of photos etched and as I expected, one of them is misplace due to the shape of the tower, that corridor should be place arround 1 cm lower of it current position ! :big_eyes:

I will need to do some modifications to lower the corridor and once again I'm pissed with this kit ! I don't know yet how I will fix that...

I will put that aside for a while and return to the funnel and bloc n°4 and I still have a lot of work on the hull !

Report this post
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:33 am 

Working this morning on the top of the bloc n°2.5

Before adding more details, I need to add a special shaped wall near the top of the superstructure.

Adding this wall will contribute to the realism of that part of superstructure. It was a bit tricky to assemble because I do not have the measurements. I spend a lot of time to analyse photos...

And here we are ! The result is good and i will do another one for the other side of superstructure !

Report this post
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next