The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 19  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:11 am 

hI Dave some new of Stereguschiy?
i will watching... :wave_1:

Report this post
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:49 am 

Capitão Norbert wrote:
hI Dave some new of Stereguschiy?
i will watching... :wave_1:

Thank you Norberto .I really do wish there was a building sequence I could report on. The project will get started some time this year so all I can say is thanks for looking in and keeping the pot on the boil :thumbs_up_1:
Dave Wooley

Report this post
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:10 pm 

Guys, I found some walkaround photos here :

http://dishmodels.ru/wshow.htm?p=1082

http://dishmodels.ru/wshow.htm?p=1122

http://www.dishmodels.ru/wshow.htm?p=1777

Regards,

Douglas

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:23 am 

Thank you Douglas an excellent resource .By the way building work on a 1:72nd Steregushchiy will start at the end of July.!!! More will be revealed in due course.
Dave Wooley :thumbs_up_1: :wave_1:

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:41 am 

You are welcome, Dave. I hope you found the photos a good reference. I too like this ship very much. However, I don't think I would have the skill to build one as big as yours. Nevertheless, I am building the Orange Hobby 1/350 one.

Very good news that you will continue the build soon. I sure will stay tuned. It is a joy to build, it is also a joy to watch others' good work.

Regards,

Douglas

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:36 am 

Hi Douglas It's been a long gestation period for this project but truly worth it. Although the workshop is occupied at present with the daring project that will be completed by July, freeing up the slip. I must be first to admit 1:100 was the preferred scale but as it’s a working model 1:72nd makes for a better sea boat. Nearly all of the problems that where encountered in the 1st batch of drawings are now ironed out. Also the KA27 is available at 1:72, makes life easier!! :nod_2: Thanks again for your interest . :thumbs_up_1: :wave_1:
Dave Wooley

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:45 pm 

Dave, so you plan on 1/72. I was wondering if when you start this project if you might want to start a kit for others who wish to build this model to join in your build. You may find there would be great interest since you Kiev build was so successful. I personally would be interested. If you plan to do a report like your Kiev class would you also show how to do your moldings for items in this ship. Finally do you plan to start a new forum location since your construction in now 1/72 not as listed above as 1/100.
Mick

1/72 Steregushchy-class corvette

Mick
Tumut Australia

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:30 am 

Hi Mick good to hear from you. Rather than create a new thread I'll seek advice from Cadman to see if the header for the thread can be change to 1:72nd! Yep I'll do my up most to develop the thread to show all the relevant parts and fittings including any moulding. Steregushchiy at 1:72nd is not a big model and can be easily accommodated in my small workshop with room to spare, unlike Daring which is a rather large model. By the way is your workshop completed?

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:44 pm 

Dave Wooley wrote:
Hi Mick good to hear from you. Rather than create a new thread I'll seek advice from Cadman to see if the header for the thread can be change to 1:72nd!

Done. Though, I think you could've probably done it - if you edit your first post, you can change the subject title to reflect the 1/72 scale.

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:37 pm 

Dave Wooley wrote:
Hi Mick good to hear from you. Rather than create a new thread I'll seek advice from Cadman to see if the header for the thread can be change to 1:72nd! Yep I'll do my up most to develop the thread to show all the relevant parts and fittings including any moulding. Steregushchiy at 1:72nd is not a big model and can be easily accommodated in my small workshop with room to spare, unlike Daring which is a rather large model. By the way is your workshop completed?

The shed is complete except that I have to run an extension cord for power but no worries on that point. A few days ago I finally go back to building. Boy am I rusty trying to figure out where to start. I have restarted the ferries I had (6 of them). If I get these underway and completed soon I could sell them off and pay for the shed with the funds I get. Well I hope anyway. I hope to restart the Admiral soon. I have to get work done on her before the boat show in May which I plan to show her off at in Sydney, a 6hr drive north of where I am now.
Your Steregushchiy, will it be a fiberglass hull or wooden hull? If fiberglass You could have a few people interested in buying a hull. This way they could join in your build maybe.
Mick

1/72 Steregushchy-class corvette

Mick
Tumut Australia

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:14 pm 

Timmy C wrote:
Dave Wooley wrote:
Hi Mick good to hear from you. Rather than create a new thread I'll seek advice from Cadman to see if the header for the thread can be change to 1:72nd!

Done. Though, I think you could've probably done it - if you edit your first post, you can change the subject title to reflect the 1/72 scale.

Thank you Timmy . I really can't wait to get started on this project.

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:20 pm 

Quote:
The shed is complete except that I have to run an extension cord for power but no worries on that point. A few days ago I finally go back to building. Boy am I rusty trying to figure out where to start. I have restarted the ferries I had (6 of them). If I get these underway and completed soon I could sell them off and pay for the shed with the funds I get. Well I hope anyway. I hope to restart the Admiral soon. I have to get work done on her before the boat show in May which I plan to show her off at in Sydney, a 6hr drive north of where I am now.
Your Steregushchiy, will it be a fiberglass hull or wooden hull? If fiberglass You could have a few people interested in buying a hull. This way they could join in your build maybe.
Mick

Hi Mick Yes the hull will be in GRP and should be ready by July .
Dave Wooley

Report this post
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:16 pm 

Hello Dave,

I am fairly new to the forum and I recently took the time to read over your build of the Kiev. Your building ability is truly amazing and I look forward to this new build with great anticipation.

Travis

Report this post
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:19 am 

Travis F wrote:
Hello Dave,

I am fairly new to the forum and I recently took the time to read over your build of the Kiev. Your building ability is truly amazing and I look forward to this new build with great anticipation.

Travis

Thank you Travis . This new project has been long in the mixing pot so I'm eager to get started .

Report this post
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:38 pm 

Mush, mush :heh: :heh:

it's 3.30am and i needed a bit of light relief to keep me sane at work :thumbs_up_1:

Roy

Report this post
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:37 am 

roy allen wrote:
Mush, mush :heh: :heh:
it's 3.30am and i needed a bit of light relief to keep me sane at work :thumbs_up_1:

Roy

OK ok Roy What if I made a preliminary start on some of the fittings , for example the KASHTAN!!!!! Then when the slip is free come June I'l be in a position to "START BUILDING" the Model proper ?
Here is the Kashtan as fitted to the Steregushchiy :heh: :big_grin: Simple NO fun to make 100%
Dave Wooley :thumbs_up_1:

Report this post
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:24 am 

Dave
That would give me nightmares ! :heh:

Report this post
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:09 am 

Richard there is only a thin line between dreams and nightmares , I recon the KASHTAN it somewhere between .
Well it does have some interesting features :frown_2:
Dave Wooley :wave_1:

Report this post
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:59 am 

dave ,i am looking forward to your build of the gun,i am sure it will be excelent.

Report this post
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:38 pm 

For a man of your talent's Dave it'll be a walk in the park :big_grin:
Mean looking thing though, i wonder why they didn't put detachable cover plates over the rear.

Roy

PS i will be rejoining the scratch builders once i've finished Dreadnaught on the WIP section but what with :cool_2:

Report this post
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 19  Next