The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 19  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:32 am 

You could argue that the lay-out has something to do with the Krivak, considering hangar size/shape with the funnel as well as the AK-630s on both sides. I do think it is just speculation. One could argue about Talwar being the intermediate step, since she has such a funnel and lay-out (original ones with Kasthan, but later Talwars with AK-630s as well), but I doubt it's an immediate resemblance or ancestry. I think that's just a practical matter in their design. If I'm not mistaken they're also from a different design bureau. I suppose Gorshkov is more close to Stereguchiy and one could say Gorshkov has its ancestry in the Stereguchiy design.

It seems Soobraztelniy is the lowest model you've shown on the pictures as the pictures of the real ship don't seem to indicate the closure of the space behind the mast nor any VLS aft and 12 rather than 8 cells forward. The second model seems to show 12 cells forward, or at least 6 rows behind each other.
If she is that second model, then it's pretty clear she has kept her Urans as well (or are those Medvedka launchers?, they look more rectangular than the regular Uran launchers). If that VLS is a Klub, then this does raise some questions about her air defence though....

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:21 am 

so I promised to keep you thinking. I've sent the spies of the Neptune Intelligence Agency out and look what they found.
I guess we have confirmation about the Uran being still there! And some nice pics of the forecastle including some deck fittings for detailing. Considering the size of the VLS I'd say it's Klub, perhaps VLS Medvedka, this would anyway make this ship very offensive with a very limited self-defence. Lots of anti-sub stuff (in version of Klub or Medvedka) and also anti-ship with the Uran still being there. Of course in the Baltic they'll have air cover.

Also note the wire lowering mechanism for the outward door near the Uran. The door seems to hinge outward, being lowered by a small wire. I never quite gave thought to that, never saw a picture of a ship with such a door hinged outwards.

I think I have to keep doing this untill you build at least one of each version :heh: :heh: :heh:

Kashtan stuff will be on the way soon.

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:39 pm 

yeah!!...these are great pictures to use for my arrangement drawings :thumbs_up_1: i love you man :big_grin:

looks like the russians finally got the clue in getting the deckplating truly flat...
And what are they, are they riveting the superstructure together in the 3rd photo? :heh:

1/50 AHTS Maersk Helper
1/50 AHT Zeus
1/50 ASD Mercurius
1/75 Stril Odin

Believe and act as if it were impossible to fail..

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:35 pm 

Well done Neptune - great shots - you are a legend!

David :woo_hoo:

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:24 am 

SMART-L wrote:
yeah!!...these are great pictures to use for my arrangement drawings :thumbs_up_1: i love you man :big_grin:

looks like the russians finally got the clue in getting the deckplating truly flat...
And what are they, are they riveting the superstructure together in the 3rd photo? :heh:

What is also quite interesting about that shot other than the rivetting is the way the screen slopes inwards as it goes down - see the ladder near the 630 to see where vertical is.

Cheers David :big_grin:

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:04 pm 

Yeah, and the rivetting, well it's actually bolting, is also done on the fore deck, just aft of that VLS you can see it on the side shot towards the bow. Not sure why on some parts they bolted and other parts they welded. Perhaps it's a damage control method, the bolts will just rip out and the plate goes off without tearing, if you weld something like that it's likely to tear??

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:08 pm 

Quote:
Steregushchy Class was designed by Almaz Central Marine Design Bureau. The corvette incorporates a steel hull, composite superstructure and a bulbous bow. The hull is divided into nine watertight subdivisions. Source: navaltechnology.com

I think it holds the composite structures together Neptune. Makes it interesting to note that the part where the VLS sits in is made of steel (looking at the framing shining throught the deck) while the part on top of it containing the bridgedeck is made of composite. When looking at pictures of the unpainted superstructure on the first pages, you can see the difference in material used. Would be interesting to show these bolts on a 1:72 model. Scale 1:96 might be too small.

Pim

1/50 AHTS Maersk Helper
1/50 AHT Zeus
1/50 ASD Mercurius
1/75 Stril Odin

Report this post
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:16 am 

Ah Roel you have been using your "long lens" again, good information there, excellent. Now here are some more pictures that I would be keen to ID . "modellers detail" as always we really can't get enough pictures to piece together to complete this jigsaw :heh:
Now any answers :scratch:
Dave Wooley :cool_1:

Report this post
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:00 am 

Hi Dave
This is what my answere is :huh: :scratch: :rolf_3:

Report this post
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:15 am 

Richard J OMalley wrote:
Hi Dave
This is what my answere is :huh: :scratch: :rolf_3:

It's worth a try . Two years ago I had no pictures :heh:
Dave Wooley :big_grin: :wave_1:

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:25 am 

No use in downloading everything with my slow connection, you can take what you need here...

Not yet what you were looking for, but a great help for sure!

http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/dmirg78/album/137050/?&p=5

And of course the modelbuilding topic at airbase:

http://forums.airbase.ru/2007/09/t57614,3--skr-korvet-pr-20380-tip-stereguschij.html

with great pictures of course, certainly page 5 may carry some interesting pictures for the details you were looking for. In addition to that, it seems they are actually following you as well!

And the long lens also caught this one: Two twin torpedo launchers on top of each other. Something new, but it does give this baby some real punch (certainly if you take in account a Klub VLS with most likely also ASW weaponry and a helicopter... It makes me doubt about that Klub VLS though, I really wonder if they didn't pack some quad packs of SAMs in that VLS!

Report this post
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:55 am 
I also should like to build a 1/72 model of an M class frigate. How can I obtain the plans of a ship of this type? :cool_2:

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:36 am 

Dear guest,

I've got absolutely no idea what you're request is doing here in this topic :huh: but I can help you with that because I've build an M-frigate myself. Just follow the link (it's in Dutch but you should know how to use google translater) and you'll be fine. You can order your drawings here:

http://www.defensie.nl/nimh/collecties/ ... man-klasse

Moderator Edit: English version: http://www.defensie.nl/english/nimh/col ... el_making/

Next time try to post your question on a different section in this forum, I guess you'll get more replies that way;)

Back on topic, project Steregushchy is in the fridge for a while Dave?

Pim

1/50 AHTS Maersk Helper
1/50 AHT Zeus
1/50 ASD Mercurius
1/75 Stril Odin

Report this post
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:58 am 

Hi Pim yes Steregushchiy is just waiting for a slot on the slip way. In some respects this delay has given me time to accumulate more information and revise aspects of the drawing. In theory I should be better prepared when a start is made. I am learning much from the building of Daring in the art of making asymmetric fittings a new field of ship model making. Although Project 20380 is not as stealth as you would think! Thanks for taking interest .
Dave Wooley :thumbs_up_1: :wave_1:

Report this post
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:45 am 

hello dave,i hear what you say about not enough pics and drawings.It never fails one gets moveing along nicely and there's that spot that you have no idea what it looks like or how it is supposed to fit in with the other parts in that area :heh:

Report this post
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:25 am 

russclark wrote:
hello dave,i hear what you say about not enough pics and drawings.It never fails one gets moveing along nicely and there's that spot that you have no idea what it looks like or how it is supposed to fit in with the other parts in that area :heh:

Hi Russ yes it seems to be the problem for all modeller at some time or another. Sourcing material for Kiev was a serious problem, at least initially. Modern ships such as Daring are not to much of a problem as I manage to get my camera up close to harvest as much detail as possible but even then perspective is also difficult to overcome with out a bag full of shots from all kinds of angles. Ship yard drawings are of limited help. In the end it all comes down to interpretation and no two modellers will make the same fitting appear identical. Paradoxically that’s what makes scratch building so personal and interesting.
Dave Wooley
:thumbs_up_1: :wave_1:

Report this post
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:14 am 

Hi Dave, wonderful project, I come here to make a few contribution, and hope it can be helpful.

Read the name STEREGUSHCHIY in cirilic:

Attachment:
cirilic.JPG
cirilic.JPG [ 27.04 KiB | Viewed 3170 times ]

And observe, in the edges, there is some RED, not only yellow............ :wave_1:

I sent you some Private Message.

Detail here:

Attachment:
det.JPG
det.JPG [ 30.13 KiB | Viewed 3159 times ]

Nice regards: Jimmy

"Oh Lord thy sea is so great and my boat is so small."
Breton Fisherman's Prayer

Last edited by Jimmy Conway on Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Report this post
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:12 am 

Soobrazitelny

Attachment:
0_6a21c_e84960c4_XL.jpg
0_6a21c_e84960c4_XL.jpg [ 79.56 KiB | Viewed 3165 times ]

VLS is REDUT System ( 9M96 missiles )

http://warfare.ru/?linkid=2179&catid=271

Attachment:
0_6a21d_5855813e_XL.jpg
0_6a21d_5855813e_XL.jpg [ 89.28 KiB | Viewed 3165 times ]

Attachment:
0_6a21e_5ff9f_XL.jpg
0_6a21e_5ff9f_XL.jpg [ 94.54 KiB | Viewed 3165 times ]

Attachment:
0_6a22a_3b5ea852_XL.jpg
0_6a22a_3b5ea852_XL.jpg [ 102.02 KiB | Viewed 3165 times ]

Attachment:
0_6a22b_8338e13_XL.jpg
0_6a22b_8338e13_XL.jpg [ 75.19 KiB | Viewed 3165 times ]

Attachment:
0_6a221_526764a2_XL.jpg
0_6a221_526764a2_XL.jpg [ 68.71 KiB | Viewed 3165 times ]

Attachment:
sobr.jpg
sobr.jpg [ 64.58 KiB | Viewed 3158 times ]

More details here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfLD_aXTjUE

Attachments:
nnt.jpg
nnt.jpg [ 80.22 KiB | Viewed 3164 times ]

Last edited by Jimmy Conway on Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Report this post
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:56 am 

More photos here, but this time it is the "BoikY", the third unit of the Project 20380:

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/sh ... 9/page2856

There is a nice close in the props ( left hand port, right hand starboard, hub in Philips screwdriver shape ):

Attachment:
y3ac02fb4.jpg
y3ac02fb4.jpg [ 107.49 KiB | Viewed 3164 times ]

Attachment:
y0b48e637.jpg
y0b48e637.jpg [ 101.36 KiB | Viewed 3164 times ]

More pics here:

http://forums.airbase.ru/2009/01/t65924 ... hij-4.html

Report this post
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:02 am 

Hi Jimmy Great views and ones I have not come across . Thanks for posting it's much appreciated.
Dave Wooley :thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1:

Report this post
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 19  Next