The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 10:15 am 

Hi, my name is Maxim

More than ten years have passed since my sincere and long-standing passion for the navy of the age of armor and steam turned out to be in demand by a small team of like-minded people. All these years I have made every effort to ensure that as many people as possible can share my passion. I wrote historical articles and books, I helped make computer games, and now I turned to a new format of communication for me.

Video talks about how steam technology has changed the sailing fleet. If the interest in my work turns out to be sufficient, then I plan to separately show rare photographs of ships of the 1850s, and then return to the first ironclad battleships.

Your opinion on this video is really important to me. I want to know if I should continue this story? What can be improved?
In our age of satiety, it is difficult for us to devote our attention to even interesting information, and therefore thanks for your time!

P.S. I know my message is definitely not an advertisement. I got nothing from this video (other than job satisfaction).

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:45 am 

HISTORY of IRONCLADS: the development of steamship tactics (Youtube Video)

During the Crimean War of 1854-1855, both the French and the British had squadrons of steam ships, but there were no tactics for using them in battle. Only after the conclusion of peace was it possible to organize a series of tests in order to test in reality the existing theories of various complex formations.

Thanks for your time!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:28 pm 

Thanks for your time!

Last edited by Timmy C on Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fixed youtube embed

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:45 pm 

Your 1st and 3rd Videos were nicely done and informative.
The second one, HISTORY of IRONCLADS: the development of steamship tactics , I think could use more photos rather than just pans of an anchorage.
Thanks for putting these out there. It covers the European countries pretty well as an overview. That's seems enough to pick our Interest to read more about it.
Here in the USA I think we feel Ironclads started here and we forget the early iron armored ships of England (Warrior, Black Prince) and France (Gloire (1859) – world's first ocean-going ironclad.)

Thanks. Nice effort and Excellent Narration.

Nino

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:00 am 

Let us consider the construction of a steam screw ship of the line, using the example of the French "Napoleon". For this purpose, we will use the original drawings of this ship from 1848.

Thanks for your time!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:01 am 

Nino wrote:
Your 1st and 3rd Videos were nicely done and informative.
The second one, HISTORY of IRONCLADS: the development of steamship tactics , I think could use more photos rather than just pans of an anchorage.
Thanks for putting these out there. It covers the European countries pretty well as an overview. That's seems enough to pick our Interest to read more about it.
Here in the USA I think we feel Ironclads started here and we forget the early iron armored ships of England (Warrior, Black Prince) and France (Gloire (1859) – world's first ocean-going ironclad.)

Thanks. Nice effort and Excellent Narration.

Nino

Many thanks!