The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:43 pm 

TRIVIA---while filming the TITANIC scene in Halifax, Nova Scotia where Bill Paxton's expedition found Rose's necklace, the cast and crew were served a lunch of clam chowder. Crew member Jake Clarke then saw a 6' 4" crew member who, "Started talking really hyper" and said he was not feeling well. He added, “We saw James Cameron run by the door and this extra running behind him. He said, ‘There’s something in me! Get it out!'” Soon many other crew members said they were also feeling strange.
Paxton said, “Some people were laughing, some people were crying, some people were throwing up. One minute I felt O.K., the next minute I felt so go**amn anxious I wanted to breathe in a paper bag. [James] Cameron was feeling the same way.” They then realized the clam chowder had been spiked with a hallucinogen.
The crew was then divided into "good crew" and "bad crew" with the latter group consisting of about 50-80 people, who were taken to Dartmouth General Hospital where Cameron saw, “People are moaning and crying, wailing, collapsed on tables and gurneys. The DP, Caleb Deschanel, is leading a number of the crew down the hall in a highly vocal conga line. You can’t make this stuff up.” Set decorator Claude Roussel said, “Grips were going down the hallway doing wheelies in wheelchairs”.
The Nova Scotia Department of Health found that the clam chowder was spiked with PCP. The Halifax Regional Police Service's investigation of the incident last 2 1/2 years, but the police were unable to find out who the culprit was.