With the arrival of the first orders from Model Monkey and Star Fighter I have modified the kit slightly and posted several "in progress" pics showing the forward area dry fit.
1. This shows the preparation of the 5" deck mountings with the kit bases being removed and drilled out to receive the "soda straw" 5/38 twin mount barbettes. How did Steve know that a plastic soda straw was an exact fit into the twin mount? http://imgur.com/tvTczsZ
2. A 5" twin mount with the "soda straw" barbette fitted. The plastic kit barbettes have been filed off and the drilled out so the straw fits tightly enough to rotate.http://imgur.com/3d1elcc
3. Another view of the fit.http://imgur.com/LTjzYEw
4. The forward area dry fit for appearance only. The forward 6"47 barbettes have the turret mounting holes filled and redrilled to receive the smaller diameter turret pins. The 3"/50 twins are resin mounts from Star Fighter and I added a thin wafer underneath to set the mount off the deck.http://imgur.com/qBGr0Oh
5. What else can I do to help!http://imgur.com/EXbUV1X
6. Tough day gotta get ready for tomorrow!http://imgur.com/MND0VvP
The USPS has yet to deliver the after turrets and barbettes plus the directors from ModelMonkey. BTW I am using Tamiya acrylic paint.