It is currently Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:32 pm 

Wanted: NNT 1/700 Renown 1916 kit. Please send details to varifleman@aol.com

Attachments:
1916 Renown.jpg
1916 Renown.jpg [ 6 KiB | Viewed 319 times ]
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:07 pm 

What's wrong with instead getting the Poseidon 1917 Renown kit? There's one on Ebay.

"You have enemies? Good. It means you stood up for something in your life."- Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:33 am 

Haijun watcher wrote:
What's wrong with instead getting the Poseidon 1917 Renown kit? There's one on Ebay.

I think there was a discussion about that on the main forum. With Ralf @ NNT expressing his opinion. and IIRC, that Poseidon kit was considered to be counterfeit (a pirate copy of the NNT kit)

- Hasegawa Soya 2nd Corp
- Heller (kitbash) BB-CV HMS Lion Hybrid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:27 am 

Haijun watcher wrote:

Nothing so far; just got the Poseidon Renown 1917 kit from Ebay yesterday (so far so good) but would also like to build the NNT 1916 kit. Also would like link/ref to discussion re Poseidon kit being a counterfeit of NNT kit if available.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:24 pm 

I would be curious about that discussion as well.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:53 am 

It was on the main forum and it is gone now since the main forum keeps only limited number of posts. But basically, there was a discussion about those new resin kits from China that show up on eBay. And what transpired was that while Poseidon's models are the genuine original design - for example the Poseidon owner showed the masters in progress for the Panzeships, some are not even proper Poseidon models - they were not done by the Poseidon owner and were released under that label illegal - IIRC believe that the Renown is one of them. Ralf posted his assessment that the Renown was a replica of the NNT kit.

- Hasegawa Soya 2nd Corp
- Heller (kitbash) BB-CV HMS Lion Hybrid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:51 pm 

vkim wrote:
It was on the main forum and it is gone now since the main forum keeps only limited number of posts. But basically, there was a discussion about those new resin kits from China that show up on eBay. And what transpired was that while Poseidon's models are the genuine original design - for example the Poseidon owner showed the masters in progress for the Panzeships, some are not even proper Poseidon models - they were not done by the Poseidon owner and were released under that label illegal - IIRC believe that the Renown is one of them. Ralf posted his assessment that the Renown was a replica of the NNT kit.

I certainly hope that's not the case with the other Poseidon kits you can find on Ebay.

I was so excited to find that Poseidon was offering- on Ebay- the 1/700 Italian cruisers Zara and Fiume kits, which were slightly cheaper than the even rarer Delphis kits, so I certainly hope these Poseidon kits aren't Delphis or Regia Marina pirated copies.

The same goes with Poseidon's 1/700 USS Wyoming and USS Arkansas kits.

"You have enemies? Good. It means you stood up for something in your life."- Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:22 am 
PetrOs Modellbau
PetrOs Modellbau

I am in fact in progress of planning the import of a big batch of Poseidon, SS-Models, S-Model, and some unknowns from China, so drop me a line if you need something.

Owner of PetrOs Modellbau
Ebay
Shop
Shapeways

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:30 am 

PetrOs wrote:
I am in fact in progress of planning the import of a big batch of Poseidon, SS-Models, S-Model, and some unknowns from China, so drop me a line if you need something.

YG, Watermoon, S-model kits are quite nice. SS-model is mostly pirated resin kits with add on 'brass' that sort of look nice (but not necessarily accurate) so it hits some people's sweet spot (I don't care about accuracy, as long as it look busy and is even cheaper/easier to get than than combrig *cough*). Poseidon, LOL, good luck. Despised in China - the owner is infamous and the butt of many jokes. I suppose anything will do if one's desperate enough and some lessons are better learnt the hard way...BTW Poseidon kits are discounted for 50% on fleetnet (yes, highest discount I've seen yet on that site, take a guess if there will be future re-stocks), so that could be your source as a trial...

However from the list you've provided sounds like you are planning to order from ss-model shop? Hopefully you will support the guys behind YG/Watermoon/Sextant Model directly instead of ss, which is a bit of a leech. There's also DoggieIndustries and EV Model. :wave_1:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:33 am 
PetrOs Modellbau
PetrOs Modellbau

Hi,

I order directly from China, as I have a good friend of mine there who's doing the orders, packs it together, and sends to me.
YG is nice, S-model is also very nice. EV also. Doggie - I know their ebay shop, but did not yet handled with its owner about import prices.
Watermoon? I dont know these, do you have a link for them?
SS - early kits yes (you can see Combrig base in Avrora, but it is highly modified for a later fit, etc). Later kits not - their SMS Hagen is a gem, and noone else does it. Or their warships or china-japanese war line.
There are also 2 brands who has no names either in instructions or on the boxes. One has a lineage of absolutely gorgeous resin kits which noone does (Yakumo, Adzuma, Hai Chi, Murakumo 1898 and Yoshino (much more detailed and correct then the one from Modelkrak or SS-Model)), while another has a few nice kits, where I am however not sure if they are not a copy of something like WSW.

Poseidon - I have to say that I never held their kits in my hands yet, and online they look nice. I got a pair of preorders on them, so would evaluate. Of course, if I find out its pirated kit, its out of my shop.

Owner of PetrOs Modellbau
Ebay
Shop
Shapeways