The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:19 pm 

Hello members I am new to this site. I have acquired a wooden model of the WWII USS Philadelphia. I would like to know as an estimate what the value is.
The construction is all wood except for a few pieces like some of the smaller guns. It is about 25years old, 72" long, 9" wide at the widest place and 20" high from the bottom of the ship to the top of the highest mast. 12" high from the bottom to the top of the smoke stacks. It was originally a RC boat and still has the motors and battery. I would never use it as a RC....just too old. I tried to attach a picture but the site says it is too large. If someone can give me some kind of an estimate as to what it is worth, I can send a number of pictures to your email. If you wish, you can email me at sleibach1948@gmail.com
thanks much in advance.
Shel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:06 pm 

is an odd scale of 1/101.388. how heavy is the model approx.?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:42 pm 

It weighs about 20lbs.....it is a very well built model with alot of details.... If you would like, provide me with your email, and I will send you pictures.
my email is sleibach1948@gmail.com
tks

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:50 am 

It sounds like you plan to keep and display it so why is a dollar value really important? It would be difficult to value something like that without knowing the build history. Kit? Scratch?

Steve

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:20 pm 
Well I am not that interested in keeping it, if it is worth a decent amount to someone that collects these kind of things. I am a RC Turbine jet pilot, and would use any funds to purchase another jet.
Sorry about no history, The fella I got it from, purchased it about 20 years ago from the original owner and builder in San Diego. Between building it and owning it, he had it for about 5years. It seems to be a very detailed model.
That's really all I know. If you would like pictures, provide me your email. This site will not let me download any of my pictures.
Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:40 pm 

You can use an offsite image hosting service like Imgur or Flickr, and just post the links to those photos on here. Instructions here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1261#p273960