The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bad Trader Alert.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:18 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post your bad trader alerts here. However if the bad trader makes good, you must come back and post an update.

Post subject: Ray Leathers
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:29 pm 

Dear all, I am looking for Mr. Ray Leathers <rbleathers@yahoo.com>, who I made a deal with in December 2006. He promised to send me money by Paypal at that time, and that was that. No amount of emails could elicit a response from him since then. I have tried to find him on the rec.models.scale newsgroup without success, so I am now posting this here in the hope that someone knows him or has experience (good hopefully) with him.

*Update*: Mr. Avery has replied to a PM and stated that in the past Mr. Leathers has disappeared for longer periods of time, and may also have health issues. I have also heard that he is a good man. Thank you for the information, Mr. Avery. I hope Mr. Leathers will recover, certainly enough to reply to emails. I am forced to conclude that he will not complete the deal in the near future, though, so I will once again make the kits available to the modeling community.

Last edited by Gernot on Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:54 am 

I'm not happy doing this,but unfortunately,has been more than six months waiting for BILL GIORDANO from Task Force Hobbies,I sent him a $25 USD money order for a ship,and he told me several times that he was very busy and unable for sending me the kit also giving apologies,right now his telephone number is disconnected
1 313 388 5206
and his web site is not working at all,
http://taskforcehobbies.com/
I no longer can reach him.
Fortunately for me ,he rip me off only 25 bucks,but the saddest thing is ,for that little money a guy can show his dark side.Anyway ,just be aware

Post subject: Great adventure hobbies
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:04 am 

Great adventure hobbies

I have had good service in the past from this vendor but a kit i had won on ebay in decemeber last year has failed to turn up. I did pay for insurance to the uk (kit + Shipping costing $301). At first Doug replied to my email but since has ignored several more. I'm getting somewhat peed off.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:08 pm 

Simon,

Word has it that Doug is very ill.

Don't know anything else...sorry.

J

Post subject: Bad seller on eBay
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:12 pm 

I have ordered an item from a seller called keg_pilot on eBay. He sells a lot of military kits, so beware this person- his name in Paypal is given as Vaino Aho. I am not the only person to be duped by this seller. There are at least 4 other people in the last month to get stuck by him. Do not do business with him!

Post subject: Ray Leathers
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:29 am 

I am not happy to be posting here, but I would also like to mention Ray Leathers.

We had a quite an extensive deal this spring and he still owes me an ICM König battleship with GMM etched parts. He sent the first ships of three all right, but then there was nothing but silence.

***Final update***

Word has arrived that Ray cannot live up to this deal. Whatever the reason, this warning should remain on the board without prejudice to any qualities Ray may have IRL.

I have written off my missing kits and ordered new ones elsewhere.

/Magnus

Post subject: FRAUD ALERT!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:21 pm 
Pacific Front Hobbies
Pacific Front Hobbies

We recently experienced a serious fraud problem with a customer using a stolen credit card. If you are customer or vendor, I would suggest using extreme caution dealing with this person in any deals, trades, or transactions of any kind.
His name (may also be fraudulent) is FRANK EWING. His town is Southaven, MS - this may help in identifying him if he is using aliases.
Sincerely,
Bill Gruner
Pacific Front Hobbies

Post subject: Re: Bad Trader Alert.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:10 am 

IZWOOD614
Zackary Wood
ZNWood2000@hotmail.com

As reported in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=33808

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:46 pm 
Starling Models
Starling Models

Luckymodel.com, quite terrible customer service, charged twice for goods, eventually refunded but I still don't have what I paid for, steer well clear of this company

Mike

http://www.starling-models.co.uk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:17 am 

Mike,
You might be interested in reading this thread -

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/ind ... pic=148449

I have to say that I have received good service from Luckymodel, though I'll qualify that by saying that I haven't ordered from them recently.

Raymond Chung or Silvia Lo (silvia@luckymodel.com)seem to be the Luckymodel people who get things done, so contact them directly if you are having problems.

Hope this helps
Dave

Post subject: Lucky Model
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:40 am 

I've ordered from this place as well. My only problem with them was the item I ordered was listed as "In Stock", and then I waited an extra week and was told they had to order it. Cheap prices but some aggravation.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:01 pm 

Pete Davis does business as hobbyboss01@netzero.com and hobbyboss01@live.com. I have "bought" ships from this guy, but after many emails and phone calls, he still has not delivered on the goods promised. And believe me, he did "promise." He used to do business as Militarykitdepot on Ebay, but was closed by Ebay for some unknown reason. I have since turned over a pay dispute to my credit card company. Be careful of this guy. I only hope I can retract this message soon.

Tim

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:25 pm 

Dean Lehr, tamiyafan@hotmail.com, of Summerville SC - known (now, too late for me) to have been booted off of that large auction site...

At the end of May , he had a list of desirable items at steelnavy.com.

My $238 check to Mr. Lehr has cleared, and was for a 1/350 Fujime Ise. He has not sent the kit (said he went on vacation). When I complained about his nonchalant approach to the transaction, he indicated a refund would be sent immediately. No refund, no kit. :Tirade:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:39 am 

Okay so every so often we become slightly less pleased, maybe its just the person that's just happened to experenced a bad deal, would it be fair to have a degree of ''Bad Traders'' mucked up once, (excuse for a common mistake) mucked up twice (alarm bells now ringing) mucked up third and last time (avoid like the black death) rather then simply jump straight onto the trader like a ton of hot horse s*** !
I've had problems with WEM, I like most people order only to find out, they're out of stock and I'll have to wait, when my ordered did arrive it was a cancelled PE set, now I have to send it back, generally WEM are very sharp and normally deal with a problem, ebay is another point in question, a lot of deallers out there offering good prices for likewise models. How do you or anyone set about naming a bad trader ? Like I said its an opioion and nothing else, just an off day, you've ordered something and instead of days waiting, you're waiting weeks, the item arrives broken, who will pay the return postage (shipping cost) ?
I deal 95% with ebay and the sellers there on, and generally I get a very good and fast response. At the end of the day, wouldn't it be nice to recieve an item, then if you like it, you'll pay for it, perhaps this way you won't mind waiting weeks for something that ''might'' turn up in one piece, obviously it would never happen, and you know although they take your money quick enough, you'll be chasing them asking where is my item, as I've noticed money has been taken from my account and that was 3 weeks ago blar blar blar :heh:

Last edited by aleccap on Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:41 am 

Update.

Forwarded copies of all the emails (ie, the contract for purchase, as well as copies of the cleared check) to the Summerville Police. One of their detectives indicated the fraudulent seller offered a refund shortly....

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:09 pm 

USPS money order received....no kit, but at least all the $ recovered.

Had given Mr. Lehr one last chance, i.e., had sent him all the documents for the transaction (via certified mail, but he never signed for the mail)...and got the refund as indicated by police action...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:20 am 

I just wanted to take a minute to warn the members here of a gentleman who it appears ran a fairly large scam over on Steel Navy. The gentleman's name is Frank LeMonde. I don't recall ever seeing him post kits for sale here but I though it was worth taking a few seconds to bring it up here just in case he appears. About a month ago he posted a fairly large list of 1/350 kits for sale. I paid him for an Aoshima Chokai kit through Paypal and haven't heard from him since, except for one phone call which I made to the phone number in the sig tag of his e-mails. He assured me during that call that the package would be shipped the next day but it has been ten days and he now apparently is screening my calls. I have been in contact with 4 others who have also paid for and not received their kit and there are probably more, as the list had 8 or 10 kits on it as I recall.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:20 am 

I have an open case with Mr Avery Boyer. I am really sorry to be doing this but as you will see this is my last option.

In April 2011 (yep 2011) Mr Boyer was selling a couple of JMSDF ships. One kit was missing a sprue. We agreed that I would cover the shipping cost for getting the extra sprue. The cost of the kits was 60$. At first, I had stated to Mr Boyer that I would like to buy the kits as long as the shipping cost was 30$ or less. Mr Boyer told me that the cost was 36$ and he was willing to cover the difference. I replied I did not mind and that I would wait for him to get the extra sprue. So I send him via paypal 110$ for the total cost.

In November we agreed that it was pointles for Mr Boyer to try finding a replacement sprue, since his efforts were not getting anywhere and send me the kits. He notified me that he had moved and that as soon as he went to his old house my kits would ship.

Since then I have sent pm's through this forum to Mr Boyer that were left anaswered on January the 5th, February the 3rd and last one on April 23rd, and no kits showed up.

The more distressing is that the kits were not for me but for a collegue of mine, that has now lost interest in them. So I am now 110$ less and with no kits.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:26 am 

One of the fundamental things to keeping customers happy, especially in less than desirable situations, is simply letting them know what is going on and taking the time to communicate updates as well as answer their inquiries.

This is the basis of the issues I am having with BS Warship Plans. The story to date:

I ordered one of their books (USS Nautilus SS-168) directly from BS via Paypal. A day or two later I noticed that the address that was setup in Paypal was an older one of mine. I emailed BS to ask if it already shipped and if not to please send it to my current address which I provided in the email. Very quickly I received a response saying that it had not shipped yet and they would correct the address. I should have it within the next week. The reply email was dated 18 April, 2012. Over a month later I still have no product.

Since that time I have sent three different email inquiries directly to the company with no response. I opened a dispute ticket with Paypal. No response. I escalated it to have Paypal resolve it. Still no response from BS.

The books they have look to be great products, but I will not be ordering anymore from BS directly. I would advise people to look around at other distributors of the Profile Morskie books if you are wanting them. There are others with much better service that will be happy to have us help keep them in business.

UPDATE::::::
Still no communication with BS. Paypal has settled the dispute in my favor stating that they had not received communication from BS either. But at least I received my money back.

NEW UPDATE::::::
I received my refund from Paypal as previously stated. No communication with BS again as stated. But today I received the book in the mail. No further communication was sent by either myself, Paypal or BS other than what I listed above. I really think this is a case of some one who does not read his email and forgets to do things in a timely fashion. Now I have a book that I initially paid for, then received a refund on THEN received the book. :huh:

Gabriel Djinn