The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:13 pm 

just imagine if his full name, address,telephone and email went viral over the net showing how crooked he is
all the sick nuts would email/call
lol

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:58 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

He's banned from all three domains now.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:11 am 

MartinJQuinn wrote:
derailed wrote:
just fill is emails with monster viruses

I've been e-mailing him (but not viruses). He had the audacity to tell me to stop harassing him, or he'd call the police. Ahahahahahahaha! That's rich. The thief calling the cops because I'm harassing him. Pay up, you piece of sh*t, and I'll stop e-mailing him.

I told him to call the cops, because I wasn't going to leave him alone until he paid up. Feel free to send him a note and tell him he's a crook: gerrymarks1959@hotmail.com

Normally I just whistle past the graveyard over issues like this, BUT.... when a man is deliberately insolent after being so blatantly in the wrong it is as if he just walked in, grabbed your property, gets in your face and says, "this is now mine, what are you going to do about it"? That kind of behavior sends me into ORBIT!

At your behest, I think I'll also have a little "talk" with him.

This garbage just does NOT fly and should never be allowed to!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:54 pm 

tenacioustanaka wrote:

At your behest, I think I'll also have a little "talk" with him.

This garbage just does NOT fly and should never be allowed to!

Now he's in for it Grrrr.... :bash_2:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:58 am 

This is just a thought, but was any of this transaction conducted through the U.S. Mails? Mind you, U.P.S. and FeEx don't count. But if the U.S. Mails were used this falls into the domain of mail fraud. If you did use the mail, you might consider contacting the postal inspector's office and see if you can get them interested.

Though this is closing the barn door after the horses have escaped, I would suggest that you consider setting up a PayPal account for transactions like this. PayPal provides protections for both buyer and seller. I have always required pre-payment via PayPal on anything I've sold and every transaction has gone like clockwork.

Just a thought, but I do hope you pursue this and get satisfaction. This guy is nothing but the most base kind of thief.

Bob M.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:09 pm 

robertmelvin wrote:
This is just a thought, but was any of this transaction conducted through the U.S. Mails? Mind you, U.P.S. and FeEx don't count. But if the U.S. Mails were used this falls into the domain of mail fraud. If you did use the mail, you might consider contacting the postal inspector's office and see if you can get them interested.

Though this is closing the barn door after the horses have escaped, I would suggest that you consider setting up a PayPal account for transactions like this. PayPal provides protections for both buyer and seller. I have always required pre-payment via PayPal on anything I've sold and every transaction has gone like clockwork.

Just a thought, but I do hope you pursue this and get satisfaction. This guy is nothing but the most base kind of thief.

Bob M.

Bob,

It was all sent US Mail. I tried opening a fraud complaint and I never heard back. With everything that happened afterwards with my daughter, it became an afterthought.

I do try and send Ole Gerry an email everyday, letting him know I'm thinking of him and asking where my money (or models) are.

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." John Wayne

Ship Model Gallery

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:27 pm 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k3rDSai8WU

On the ways:
1/200 Trumpeter HMS Nelson
1/700 Tamiya USS Yorktown CV-5

In the stash:
1/35 Italiari PT-109
1/35 Tamiya "Pibber" Patrol Boat
1/350 Trumpeter USS Yorktown CV-10

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:14 pm 

MartinJQuinn wrote:
robertmelvin wrote:

Bob M.

Bob,

It was all sent US Mail. I tried opening a fraud complaint and I never heard back. With everything that happened afterwards with my daughter, it became an afterthought.

I do try and send Ole Gerry an email everyday, letting him know I'm thinking of him and asking where my money (or models) are.

Martin, I certainly understand your proper placement of your priorities in this matter. But, I would not give up on the Postal Inspector's office quite yet. I'm sure you've heard the old adage that "the squeaky wheel gets the grease". If I were in your position I would make a pest of myself with the postal inspector's office and see if being that proverbial squeaky wheel gets them motivated to come to your assistance. After all, what have you to loose.

Bob M.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:46 pm 

Good point Bob. I still have a folder with most of the postal receipts. Thanks.

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." John Wayne

Ship Model Gallery

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:12 pm 

Martin, my pleasure. Somebody needs to put this thieving bastard in the bag.

Bob M.

Post subject: BAD TRADER ALERT ?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:39 am 

hello,

did someone had one day an error in modelkits sent by hobbyeasy ? if yes, how did that resolved ?

here is a copy of a mail I sent to them, hoping for a good resolution :

Quote:
Dear sirs,

I contact you concerning order # (CUT BY MYSELF).

This order has been placed by my girlfriend to make me a birthday gift, and her account has been created at this occasion (username "(CUT BY MYSELF)"; password "(CUT BY MYSELF)").

As you can see, I am myself a very regular customer, placing orders at least since 2011 and did never had the least problem with your service (username "(CUT BY MYSELF)"; password "(CUT BY MYSELF)"). Just to explain you that I am not here to try to scam you or obtain a kit that wasn't paid for.

We already wrote to you the 5th of october but didn't received a response yet.

So here is the problem :

I suppose you did a mistake while packaging our order, because we received the wrong kit :
In parcel # (CUT BY MYSELF), we received Tamiya model # 78007 (1/350 USS ENTERPRISE) but we ordered Tamiya model # 78025 (1/350 YAMATO (new mold)).
As you can see, the ordered model was also a lot more expensive than the one received and I have no interest in the sent model.

Can you tell us what we have to do or what you plan to do for us to receive the correct ordered item (Tamiya # 78025) ? Do you want or need a picture of the box of the model received by us ?

Thank you.

Andre BRANDT & Sonia JOTZ

Does this mail seems clear and correct ? I am not really an English spoker...
And I really hope this will resolve at best.
If I receive a response or some news of any kind, I will report here back.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT : high quality customer service : replacement kit is already en route !