The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 862 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 44  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:00 am
Posts: 702
Location: Greece
If you havent finalize the 1/200 Arizona set yet , there are a couple of areas that Tracy White could enlight you.

A)The shafts end on the hull are wrong ...completely.A nice resin replacement would be most welcomed .

B)There was a fuel pipe for the planes running along the port side of the hull

C)Proper metal anchors? never mind brass propellers...

_________________
http://katsflyby.blogspot.gr/


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:42 am 
Offline
PontosModel
PontosModel
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:26 am
Posts: 999
Location: Korea
angeleyes wrote:
If you havent finalize the 1/200 Arizona set yet , there are a couple of areas that Tracy White could enlight you.

A)The shafts end on the hull are wrong ...completely.A nice resin replacement would be most welcomed .

B)There was a fuel pipe for the planes running along the port side of the hull

C)Proper metal anchors? never mind brass propellers...


Yep let's discuss again for the Arizona or other ships when concerened projects begin at this forum.
Now we are focusing on Bismarck.

Thank you
Kim

_________________
Image
Keumho Kim of Pontosmodel
help@pontosmodel.com
http://pontosmodel.com
Shop: http://hobbydecal.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:19 am
Posts: 313
Location: Fredericton NB, Canada
angeleyes wrote:
Yes the propellers included in the kit might be thin and dimensionally correct (havent seen them myself yet ) but even so they are still plastic.And we all know that even the best painter in the world cannot reproduce a polished brass shiny color with any paint , specially when he has to paint on plastic surface .They will be ok dimensionally but they will look painted plastic which kinda is a shame for this size.


I agree with angeleyes...the addition of polished brass props would be a deciding factor for me in which company's set of details to chose for this project. If the cost is $25-$40 additional for inclusion of good quality props, I'd know I'd pay it.

We wish you all good luck in sourcing a supplier for these for your set!...I think they would be a great selling feature of a premium package.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:22 pm
Posts: 157
Perhaps supply the props as an extra. I plan to weather my build and shinny props would be at odds. The money saved could go on extra etch, turned brass, resin, wood…oh pile it on please Pontos. :cool_2:
Rob.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:16 am 
I am glad to see that you will turn your attention to this kit. I have a couple of suggestions.

The aircraft are begging to be detailed inside and out. A drop in cabin would be nice as well as an engine insert. Parts for a folded wing option would be nice too.

If you are doing markings then please add proper markings for the aircraft and the manufacturer's plaque for the ship.

A good set of flags would be nice. Not just the Reichkriegsflag but the jack, admiral's flag, Fuhrer's flag, commissioning pennant and a set of signal flags.

Clear parts for the running lights, bridge windows and maybe a simple bridge interior insert.

Masks for the Baltic camo scheme with the correct differences between the port and starboard sides.

A rigging diagram.

Mike


Top
  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:34 pm
Posts: 44
Do not forget the cooling water intake grills for main turbines.
The anchors in metal is not a bad idea.
Also a replacement for the central propeller bossing. In the kit it is the most inaccurate part of the hull. Also it is missing the fairing plates of the keel at the stern (Heck Leitblech) and the MES cable.

Best regards

Rafael


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:28 pm
Posts: 209
i'm all for detailong kits with pe and pontos sets are fantastic but if they do every thing suggested imagine the price it will cost ---- 3 times the kit price anyone want one now ? pontos will have to decide whether to include all these suggestion and price their self out the market or do their usual superb sets and have an extra plus set sold seperately


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:00 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:00 pm
Posts: 10717
Location: Calgary, AB/Surrey, B.C., Canada
modelmanuk wrote:
i'm all for detailong kits with pe and pontos sets are fantastic but if they do every thing suggested imagine the price it will cost ---- 3 times the kit price anyone want one now ? pontos will have to decide whether to include all these suggestion and price their self out the market or do their usual superb sets and have an extra plus set sold seperately

...I highly doubt it'll cost $900.

_________________
De quoi s'agit-il?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:34 pm
Posts: 44
May be PONTOS can divide wisely the whole set in several upgrades kits. This would let the modeller chose his or her priorities and may be buy all of them when time, budget and wife or husband gives the green light.

Rafael


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:06 am 
Offline
PontosModel
PontosModel
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:26 am
Posts: 999
Location: Korea
Thank you for your interests and suggestions and advices for our set.
I would reply for these.
1. First Metal Screw, I 've sent to CNC Screw makers.
If supplying this to us is possible, this screw may be sold seprtely from our main set because the unit price of CNC screw is very high.

2. Folding wing detail parts is also good idea, we will try to do this in anyway.

3. Aircraft marking decal is also under consideration..

4. Flags lso will be under consideration.

5. Clear parts may be hard at this time.

6. Mask sheet for Camouflage is possible but may come with extra detil up set as Metal Screw.

7. Rigging diagram can be drawn.

8. Water intake Grills: Sure!

9. Metal Anchor : We decided the kit Anchor is not so bad...

10. Ws have not checked this area yet but we will consider this too.

11. About expected Price of this detail up set.

We have estimated the whole price range already but we would open this price just before releasing.
One thing is sure that we couldn't understand why the estimated price is too lower than we thought.
So you will be very happy with this unknown price range though we are not so happy for this price. :heh:

Thank you
Kim

_________________
Image
Keumho Kim of Pontosmodel
help@pontosmodel.com
http://pontosmodel.com
Shop: http://hobbydecal.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:42 pm
Posts: 231
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Pontosmodel wrote:
Thank you for your interests and suggestions and advices for our set.
I would reply for these.
1. First Metal Screw, I 've sent to CNC Screw makers.
If supplying this to us is possible, this screw may be sold seprtely from our main set because the unit price of CNC screw is very high.

2. Folding wing detail parts is also good idea, we will try to do this in anyway.

3. Aircraft marking decal is also under consideration..

4. Flags lso will be under consideration.

5. Clear parts may be hard at this time.

6. Mask sheet for Camouflage is possible but may come with extra detil up set as Metal Screw.

7. Rigging diagram can be drawn.

8. Water intake Grills: Sure!

9. Metal Anchor : We decided the kit Anchor is not so bad...

10. Ws have not checked this area yet but we will consider this too.

11. About expected Price of this detail up set.

We have estimated the whole price range already but we would open this price just before releasing.
One thing is sure that we couldn't understand why the estimated price is too lower than we thought.
So you will be very happy with this unknown price range though we are not so happy for this price. :heh:

Thank you
Kim



Still no blast bags :mad_1:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:01 am 
Offline
PontosModel
PontosModel
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:26 am
Posts: 999
Location: Korea
amiers wrote:
Still no blast bags :mad_1:


Opps! Sorry. Blast bags for 380/150mm will be supplied by Veteranmodel.

Thank you
Kim

_________________
Image
Keumho Kim of Pontosmodel
help@pontosmodel.com
http://pontosmodel.com
Shop: http://hobbydecal.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:51 pm
Posts: 2407
What have the Romans ever done for us...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:21 am 
Offline
PontosModel
PontosModel
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:26 am
Posts: 999
Location: Korea
EJFoeth wrote:
What have the Romans ever done for us...


Brought any piece, if we could...

_________________
Image
Keumho Kim of Pontosmodel
help@pontosmodel.com
http://pontosmodel.com
Shop: http://hobbydecal.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:42 pm
Posts: 231
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Pontosmodel wrote:
amiers wrote:
Still no blast bags :mad_1:


Opps! Sorry. Blast bags for 380/150mm will be supplied by Veteranmodel.

Thank you
Kim

:woo_hoo: :woo_hoo: :woo_hoo: 1/350 and 1/200?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:07 am 
Offline
PontosModel
PontosModel
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:26 am
Posts: 999
Location: Korea
amiers wrote:
:woo_hoo: :woo_hoo: :woo_hoo: 1/350 and 1/200?

Veteran water blast bag will come for both.
And more Veteran resin parts come to 1/350 set.
Kim

_________________
Image
Keumho Kim of Pontosmodel
help@pontosmodel.com
http://pontosmodel.com
Shop: http://hobbydecal.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:19 am
Posts: 313
Location: Fredericton NB, Canada
EJFoeth wrote:
What have the Romans ever done for us...



"Well...there's sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health."

-"Okay....alright...but APART from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?

-"Brought peace?"

- "Oh, peace - SHUT UP!!"

Loved the Life of Brian reference EJFoeth



good news about the blastbags and resin, thanks Kim


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:55 pm 
Offline
Freetime Hobbies
Freetime Hobbies

Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:41 pm
Posts: 458
Location: Blue Ridge, GA
Quote:
Are you going to do a set for the 1/350 Arizona? Not that you shouldn't, but I feel it a bit of a wasted effort. The Hobbyboss/Banner kit just isn't up to scratch with what your detail sets deserves. Not really worth it, considering that there are lots of sets out there already, and even with the best detail set, it isn't going to be acceptable end results to the ones that usually enjoys your products.


Unless they replace everything except for the hull :-)

_________________
Brandon Lowe
Free Time Hobbies
http://www.FreeTimeHobbies.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:34 pm
Posts: 967
Location: Cologne / Germany, sometimes Poznan/ Poland and Chessington/ UK
FreeTimeHobbies wrote:
Quote:
Are you going to do a set for the 1/350 Arizona? Not that you shouldn't, but I feel it a bit of a wasted effort. The Hobbyboss/Banner kit just isn't up to scratch with what your detail sets deserves. Not really worth it, considering that there are lots of sets out there already, and even with the best detail set, it isn't going to be acceptable end results to the ones that usually enjoys your products.


Unless they replace everything except for the hull :-)


Well,
I think it is a question of which claim someone has on a kit in general, no matter if ship, plane, tank, car or whatever. Sure, there are excellent kits and there are minor excellent kits up to those which are only scrap and even not worth to waste money to buy or to waste a single drop of glue.
To be honest, 1/200 Bismarck is only some weeks now available and how many points of critics were not found and named until now when reading all the threads in www as other tell how good this kit is? What is now the truth about this Bismarck kit and are point of critics correct?
The Arizona from HobbyBoss costs in Germany about 20-30 EUR and in Poland about 120 PLN and for this price the kit is ok. Sure, it has failures and this and that can or must be changed / improved / replaced / added. I had chance to take a look on only available alternative of this kit and in my opinion it is not that much better to justify the multiple price of HobbyBoss Arizona.
So to get an acceptable result - whatever this is or means at least if general rating and not personal one - no one and nothing prevents to make re-building ... as no one and nothing prevents someone to say or rate that it is not necessary to make.
So I'm very carefull with such ratings as done here and before about Arizona kit.

:wave_1:

_________________
The advantage of wisdom is that you can play dumb; conversely, it is more difficult.


Last edited by Christian M. on Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:24 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:42 am
Posts: 61
Location: Rhineland-Palatinate / Germany
Hi Kim,

it would be also glad to see PE- Parts for the barges:
(enclosed find a picture)

Another question regarding the included Veteran- parts:
Will you include just parts of the existing Veteran DKM Sets or also new created parts?

...first pictures are eagerly awaited :woo_hoo:

kind regards, Daniel


Attachments:
1.png
1.png [ 52.34 KiB | Viewed 8413 times ]
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 862 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 44  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group