The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:14 am 

Location: Cologne / Germany, sometimes Poznan/ Poland and Chessington/ UK
@ Guest

Well, Trumpeter is unfortunatelly known for many unnecessary mistakes, particularly on hull areas including bow and stern. I'm also not pleased about and many mistakes are in general to blame as stupid ones, because bad research and investigation. My personal area of interest at ships is 1/350 scale and here (beside Royal Navy) the Russo-Japanese war of 1904/05 and so I wait for any ships of this war in 1/350 ... because not much existing at least (particularly Japanese one).

On the other hand we must clearly see that Trumpeter is the only one who rushes many model ships in 1/350 and all the other manufactures are much slower if releasing anything (really) new ships in this scale at all. Also price is normally a little bit lower as at most other manufactures. So, in conclusion, it is ok to blame Trumpeter for their errors in kits, but we have no real alternative if we want to build this or that ship as kit ... when only they have released and no one else. As told, the wrong bow section does not make me much pain, I have more "fears" about the stern section in hull area.
:wave_1:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:04 am 

These are just 'test shots', so maybe, just MAYBE, if Trumpeter listens to criticisms, they might correct it. For me parts fit is more important than if a line is off by a couple of degrees. Not everyone is an expert on 100+ yr. old ships; so as long as it looks good, and goes together well, that's the main thing. I know, I'm in the habit of criticising Trumpeter too, but mostly because of poor fit and soft details, and crappy looking weapons, but lately they have been improving. :wave_1:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:12 pm 

Quaestor wrote:
PetrolGator wrote:
IJN Shimakaze, I believe. THAT was a powerful little boat....

Oooh ... lotsa people will like that; not done in plastic since Tamiya, a long time ago.

The original Tamiya mold dates to 1972, I believe. So a most welcome update.