The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:35 pm 
PontosModel
PontosModel

We have designed, arranged and released all our products for our customers not personal fame.
And so we ceased this project temporarily and would resume again.
Thank you
Keumho Kim

http://pontosmodel.com
Shop: http://hobbydecal.com

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:38 pm 

SOAP BOX. DISREGARD THIS POST IF YOU WISH.

Dietrich wrote:
What makes you think we can believe you this time? Or is the reason for all this back and forth that SH Park left and everything is unglued?

What makes you think you are entitled to the ability to be a demanding jerk to manufacturers? If you do not like the wait learn to create your own aftermarket sets and see how that works out for you.

Has Pontos had issues? Yes. So have many other companies. How about starting a thread about Dragon not releasing the 1/350 Atlanta that they had in their catalog. Otherwise your grumpiness is neither needed nor wanted in a public forum. The customer is NOT always right and frankly your questioning whether or not you can believe Pontos "this time" comes off as childish or that you should be wearing a tiara.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:49 pm 

I'm usually not the voice of reason, so I had to stop myself from typing several times. Okay, here goes.

First, all small businesses have ups and downs. Please try to have patience. Real life often intervenes in all manner of ways.

Second, unless you physically lost money on a preorder (and, that hasn't been indicated), I'm not sure why anyone really has a serious right to complain. Barring someone taking your money, all you've lost is some time and anticipation, nothing else.

Third, I've bought a couple of Pontos sets in the past (CVL, KGV) and I've been happy with them. I haven't used them yet, but in time. I tend to buy them from Spruebrothers, but there are many other resellers out there. If you have an issue with sending Pontos your money, then buy from a reseller when the set comes out.

I hope all have a wonderful Halloween and that I haven't lost my temper or come off as a jerk. THat wasn't my intention.

Bob

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:07 am 

Pontosmodel wrote:
Hi All,
As I mentioned before, this 1/200 Hornet has been just postponed.
Now one more design staff joined us so I have some more time for delayed projects.
So I have a plan to resume for finalizing Hornet from early next year just after 1/350 Yamato add-on set and 1/350 Musashi(Leyte version) full set.

I can't promise for the 1/350 Kitty Hawk(and same class) set.
But I can promise and tell 1/350 BB-35 Texas, 1/350 Missouri WWII, 1/350 Musashi (New tool Yamato based), 1/200 Rodney and one secret item as these are in finalizing stage.

Thank you
Keumho Kim

Hi Mr Kim
Just to clarify, are you talking about two different 1/350 Musashi sets? I have been hoping that you would produce a full set for the older Tamiya kit.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:30 am 

Angeliccypher wrote:
What makes you think you are entitled to the ability to be a demanding jerk to manufacturers?

I am very sorry that I obviously offended you and compelled you to call me a jerk, something that is not really needed in a public and civilized forum.
I asked the manufacturer a question (not you) and he answered to my satisfaction. I will now wait until January/February as promissed this time and if it will not happen (again) I might take the freedom to ask him again as to when the set might come out.
See, my offended friend, if I would not value the Pontos product as high as I do, I could care less. But by posting the photos of the set in production over one year ago I was intrigued and compelled to buy the kit itself, looking forward to an extremely nice build, based on the now disappeared photos. I have bought more than five Pontos sets and consider myself a (frustrated) fan!

My post or better question was really not indended for you to understand or even to comment on my frustration (which is shared by others) and it was for sure not intended to intice you to call me a jerk. So I apologize again for offending you and your view of the topic.

Dietrich

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:23 am 

Pontosmodel wrote:
We have designed, arranged and released all our products for our customers not personal fame.
And so we ceased this project temporarily and would resume again.
Thank you
Keumho Kim

I'm glad to hear you haven't tossed all the hard work that has been put into your project. What has been posted here looks great. I hope you can fulfill this deadline. I look forward to the release.

Chris

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:01 am 
Hi Kim! When set to go on sale for 1/200 Hornet?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:48 am 

I hope 1/350 Yorktown and Enterprise sets are being planned! :wave_1:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:14 pm 

Pontosmodel wrote:
All projects have been released or will be released finally are arranged by me.
1/200 Hornet is left only deck details.
This will take 1 week and for editing instruction need 2weeks for net workign time.
Now stacked many projects but I would start this Hornet arrangement from this January.
Thank you
Keumho Kim

As promissed we are getting close to the release date! :thumbs_up_1: :thumbs_up_1:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:30 pm 

Pontosmodel wrote:
All projects have been released or will be released finally are arranged by me.
1/200 Hornet is left only deck details.
This will take 1 week and for editing instruction need 2weeks for net workign time.
Now stacked many projects but I would start this Hornet arrangement from this January.

Thank you
Keumho Kim

Hello Sir,

Any updates on this detail set? I am more than willing to be a Beta tester for you. :smallsmile:

Chris

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:24 am 
I have the depressing feeling that it will not happen at all. Is Pontos still in business anyway?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:50 pm 
SovereignHobbies
SovereignHobbies

I hope they are because we just ordered a new load of stock this morning from Pontos Model :)

Current build:
HMS Imperial D09 1/350
http://www.shipmodels.info/mws_forum/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=167151

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:25 pm 

Guest wrote:
I have the depressing feeling that it will not happen at all. Is Pontos still in business anyway?

They are in business, its just that other projects have taken priority over this one. I've been waiting for this set for quite some time now myself.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:54 am 
PontosModel
PontosModel

I have been redrawing many parts from January because mny parts designs had been removed.
Now finalizing for the main deck flanking and decoration.
I will post some photos of these soon
Thank you
Keumho Kim

http://pontosmodel.com
Shop: http://hobbydecal.com

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:04 pm 

Good news!
Just make sure you still have the interior details in the set! That is the most important part!

Dietrich

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:16 pm 

Pontosmodel wrote:
I have been redrawing many parts from January because mny parts designs had been removed.
Thank you
Keumho Kim

Thanks for the update, thats good news!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:40 am 

Pontosmodel wrote:
Thank you
Keumho Kim

This is really good news!

Chris

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 1:00 pm 

Would it be unpolite or even pushy to kindly ask after nearly one month whether something has moved? You know, I certainly would not be upset if I learned that the project has been chancelled. Things happen. I just want to be informed honestly, that is all.

Unfortunately no more Pontosmodell, seems they went belly up. Good news is that there are other good companies. The market only allows the strong to survive.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:19 pm 
Any update, I am ready to move on to KA or Tetris if this is not coming out.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:39 am 
SovereignHobbies
SovereignHobbies

Dietrich wrote:
Unfortunately no more Pontosmodell, seems they went belly up. Good news is that there are other good companies. The market only allows the strong to survive.

As a Pontos Model stockist I would like to state that this is categorically untrue.

When making statements on the internet, please consider the impact of what is being written. Statements like the above are not based on fact, only uninformed conjecture. It is potentially very harmful rumour-spreading for small businesses.

Whilst undeniably stretched for time these days, Mr Kim is prioritising his commercial clients' needs. This means he has less time to surf the internet reading forums and answering questions. That does NOT equate to the cessation of business.

I hope this is taken in the manner in which it is intended, but it had to be cleared up, both for the sake of Pontos Model and also for stockists like ourselves who don't want our prospective customers reading false statements on heavily frequented forums that the manufacturers of products we sell no longer exist.

Kind regards,

James

Current build:
HMS Imperial D09 1/350
http://www.shipmodels.info/mws_forum/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=167151

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next