The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 511 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:28 am 

Hi Alan

thanks for your reply...I had actually got far enough to reach the 'avatar editor' but couldn't find a way of uploading an image, photo etc..... for now I have used the available 'Hood' image as it's my favourite ship anyway.....

cheers

Pete

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:53 pm 

greenglade wrote:
Thanks Adrian.....I see that I'm showing as 'guest'...any ideas why and can we upload avatar's? I've looked at my profile but can't see a way to upload our own avatar...?

cheers

Pete aka Greenglade

Hey GG, nice to have you join us at last ;)

Avatars must be submitted in this thread for approval to avoid any inappropriate or spam uploads: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62257

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:23 pm 

Timmy C wrote:
greenglade wrote:
Thanks Adrian.....I see that I'm showing as 'guest'...any ideas why and can we upload avatar's? I've looked at my profile but can't see a way to upload our own avatar...?

cheers

Pete aka Greenglade

Hey GG, nice to have you join us at last ;)

Avatars must be submitted in this thread for approval to avoid any inappropriate or spam uploads: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62257

Hey there my friend...I did note what I thought was your name in the Mod list...good to know that you're here although it doesn't surprise me knowing your history with all things nautical.....no surprise that I'm going to build Hood eh?....:)
Just waiting for Sovereign to get the Pontos kit in stock before I start, oh and of course I'll need a display case first too, should keep me busy for a while..

Pete

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:30 pm 
SovereignHobbies
SovereignHobbies

Hi Pete,

We've an order in processing that I'll chase Kim up about. If you do get it from us you'll get the correction frets included :thumbs_up_1:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:45 pm 

SovereignHobbies wrote:
Hi Pete,

We've an order in processing that I'll chase Kim up about. If you do get it from us you'll get the correction frets included :thumbs_up_1:

Thanks James

I have logged my interest on your website for the kit along with the Hood paint colour set.....I also registered earlier today...full name is Peter Seymour-Howell..

Kind regards

Pete

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:09 pm 

Yeah see thats why we buy from Sovereign Hobbies... Awesome Guys

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:21 am 

greenglade wrote:
SovereignHobbies wrote:
Hi Pete,

Thanks James

I have logged my interest on your website for the kit along with the Hood paint colour set.....I also registered earlier today...full name is Peter Seymour-Howell..

Kind regards

Pete

Hi James

any update on the Pontos order and does it include the the funnel correction fret that I see advertised on your site/

cheers

Pete

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 am 

You will need an extra Trumpeter sprue as well... (sprue 5 I think it is, but that's from memory, so I wouldn't trust it)

That second true will give you a second plastic funnel set, from which you take the second large funnel assembly which you will need, even with the Pontos update (or you could 'cut and shut' the smaller of the two funnels to bring them up to the correct size from your original sprue), using the Pontos details to cover them both.

(Hmmm... I could have explained that a little clearer!)

James could probably supply it - or let you know where you can still get one from. :thumbs_up_1:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:18 am 

Thanks Bill..it's ok, I understood easily enough....I have also been doing a little research into the kit so had a 'heads up' so to speak, I'm assuming that the new frets James mentioned include the fret for IIRC the aft funnel to correct it's size..if not I'll place an order with James for the separate fret required....

cheers

Pete

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:10 pm 
SovereignHobbies
SovereignHobbies

Pontosmodel wrote:
Following two correction PE are needed to your final works.

And maybe from November 2017 some modification of PE #5 will be corrected with #5-2 and this new version need not correction PE.

So if you don't have PE #5-2 you should ask these two correction PE frets of above from us directly(this is better way) or from your dealer.

Hi everyone. We received a shipment from Pontos today and as well as getting more of the basic 23009F1 HMS Hood detail sets, we have also received a healthy supply of the above correction frets.

These will remain available for the cost of small letter postage to customers who have supported us with their business for the detail up set itself. Some have contacted us and (I trust!) received them but many have not.

If not one of our customers already but for any reason you're struggling to get hold of these frets give me a shout.

In the interests of fairness and getting through each day though I'd ask that people avoid both the scatter gun approach of asking Kim, your own dealer and myself for frets and ending up with 3 of each which could have ultimately been distributed amongst your fellow builders instead. I'd also kindly request avoidance of carpet bombing me with messages via email, then email to ask if I got the last email then PMs on forums asking if I got the last 2 emails etc etc... It just slows me down overall :thumbs_up_1:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:15 pm 

Thanks for the heads up, I have contacted pontos direct, so I will await them replying.

Good so see two suppliers being so proactive.

Thanks

Adrian (aka Big Build)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 511 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26