The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 580 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 29  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:12 am 

hi Tim, get a second fret 5 from Pontos, so you have two large size funnel p/e parts, and either enlarge the kit plastic pieces or get a 3d printed new funnel. the best paints are from color coats, and Eduard are putting out some more p/e sets also. and dont forget a good supply of your favorite beveridge. regards, Pete in RI.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:35 pm 

europapete wrote:
hi Tim, get a second fret 5 from Pontos, so you have two large size funnel p/e parts, and either enlarge the kit plastic pieces or get a 3d printed new funnel. the best paints are from color coats, and Eduard are putting out some more p/e sets also. and dont forget a good supply of your favorite beveridge. regards, Pete in RI.

Hahah, yes Xanax for when I start gluing PE to my fingers.... :big_grin:

So Fret 5 and a new funnel.

Hey, at least there aren't 56 x 20mm AA guns to put on this one (still beavering away finishing the Missouri...)

Cheers,

Tim W.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:47 pm 

Hi all,
I have just registered here, but have been following this thread since late last year when I purchased my copy of the Trumpter Hood. I have purchased the Pontos set as soon as it was available here and have been working to clear the backlog of kits on my bench.
What I have not managed to find is a build thread where someone is using the Pontos set, which I find a little surprising given the huge interest here.

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Cheers,
Chris

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:37 am 

Hi Chris, welcome aboard. On this site go into 'picture posts' and then ' work in progress', scroll down to the Hood thread. It is wierd that there are not any/many build threads out there, maybe people are still gathering info and references and will start up as winter comes up here in the north. ps, you are SO lucky to have The Vintage Aviator and Wingnut Wings near you! I would love to see them. Regards, Pete

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:16 am 

fooesboy wrote:

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Here you go: viewtopic.php?f=59&t=165022

John

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:53 pm 

Thank you very much guys, looks like I'm not the only one who is suprised that there are not more builds going on.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:01 pm 

Mr. Kim,
First of all, I, like many on this forum, would like to purchase an extra photo etch sheet # 5 in order to correct the rear funnel. I would also like to purchase the resin parts R25 as some received were damaged. My local hobby shop contacted Stevens International for these items but they were unable to help. I have also written my request via email to help@pontosmodel.com, however, it would appear that this has gone astray. Could you kindly indicate the cost for those items, the cost of shipping to Canada and preferred method of payment (PayPal?).
Secondly, with respect to the instructions for assembling the two "wildcat" assemblies on page 2 of the instruction sheets, brass part 47 is identified which would appear to be in error. Can you confirm brass parts 31 are the correct items for the wildcats?
Finally, the Detail Up set for the Hood is outstanding and you are to be congratulated for an excellent product.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:01 am 

Well, my Pontos Kit finally arrived today, these kits go like hot cakes in Australia... I prepaid to get mine in the last order.

I too have agree with most of the folks on here, that it's a dam fine addition to the Trumpy Hood.

And! I think it really does represent value for money, the wooden deck is awsome, the brass parts blew me away, and when I opened the box of PE... WOW... I MEAN WOW!

One small and I do mean small disappointment, that even though the brass base/stand is shown on the box art/promo material, they are not included in the kit, as I say it's a small disappointment, I just got straight on to my supplier, and ordered them.

I'm going to do a build log... But not here.

Mr Pontos, how do I get hold of a spare PE sheet 5.

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:33 am 

Mr. Kim,
A Pontos 'Large Bitt' question. The instructions indicate to build 13 sets. I have 26 brass bitts #58 but I can only find ten etch Part 905. Where would I find the other three etch parts # 905?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:31 pm 
PontosModel
PontosModel

Grizly wrote:
Mr. Kim,
A Pontos 'Large Bitt' question. The instructions indicate to build 13 sets. I have 26 brass bitts #58 but I can only find ten etch Part 905. Where would I find the other three etch parts # 905?

Yep it's our fault and noticed already.
Early lots had missed some parts.
And we have been collecting these missed or wrong parts for all our sets including Hood set.
Early lot of 1/200 Bismarck correction PE has been shipped until now and going on .
As for the Hodd set, we would make some correction parts as no.905 soon.
After preparing this correction PE, we will ship anyone this part directly if we know his address.
Fortunately shipping cost for this is just 0.6USD to over the worldwide :heh:

Thnak you
Keumho Kim

http://pontosmodel.com
Shop: http://hobbydecal.com

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:52 am 

Mr. Kim.
Due to my own clumsiness i managed to destroy resin parts R05 (Bow towing fairleads). Is there any chance
you are able to send me replacement parts, at my own expense of course. If it is not practical to supply me with
only this one item, am prepared to purchase the bag of all the resin parts.
Yours in anticipation. If your answer is a "yes", PM me for my address.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:47 am 

Got my Pontos set last month, Hopefully I'll start my Hood in a couple months after I finish up my 1/200 Yamato. Two quick questions;

Which funnel is incorrect? Fore or aft?

Also, does anyone have an idea how tall the model is from hull bottom to top of antenna? Want to make sure I have room on my shelf. I don't use bases on my large ship models.

Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:46 am 

For those scratching their head regarding enlarging the small funnel, as long as you have purchased an extra sheet #5, the task is relatively easy. First tape the two large funnel halves together, place it over a piece of 30 thou plastic card and carefully draw the interior profile of the inside bottom of the funnel on the card in order to make a template for the inside circumference of the future funnels. Make two. Cut out the templates. Then simply mismatch the funnel halves (pair each large funnel half with the opposite small funnel half), cut the small funnel half vertically in the middle where it is flat, glue the three parts together using the afore mentioned template for alignment. Once dry, get some appropriately sized plastic strip to fill the remaining gap. The end result can then be wrapped with sheet 5's brass sheath. As for the base and funnel cap, use the same sized plastic strip to expand each. Clear as mud? It worked for me.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:40 am 

For anyone interested, Sovereign Hobbies has the Extra Fret #5 available again, as of 1039am 10/12/2017. No idea how many there are.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:44 am 

Way to go Jamie! well done!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:02 am 
SovereignHobbies
SovereignHobbies

Hi folks,

We got in 10 of them, I think. I've seen at least 2 go so far.

This time we have stipulated 1 fret per customer since last time we had them one person took them all (probably to sell on at an inflated price).

We have a stock of the 23009F1 1/200 HMS Hood sets in again too.

Current build:
HMS Imperial D09 1/350
http://www.shipmodels.info/mws_forum/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=167151

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:23 pm 

Mr Kim,
Regarding the funnel assemblies and etch sheets 5 and 6, first let me thank you for the prompt delivery of the sheet 5 required in order to enlarge the small funnel. Unfortunately, there still appears to be a problem in that etch part # 401 on both sheet 5 and 6 is scaled to fit the smaller funnel. Yes, they are the same size on both sheets! Can you confirm that the correction sheet previously mentioned will contain two (2) wider parts 401 appropriately sized for the large funnels? Could you also indicate when the correction sheet will be available and how one may obtain it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:19 am 

Grizly wrote:
Mr Kim,
Regarding the funnel assemblies and etch sheets 5 and 6, first let me thank you for the prompt delivery of the sheet 5 required in order to enlarge the small funnel. Unfortunately, there still appears to be a problem in that etch part # 401 on both sheet 5 and 6 is scaled to fit the smaller funnel. Yes, they are the same size on both sheets! Can you confirm that the correction sheet previously mentioned will contain two (2) wider parts 401 appropriately sized for the large funnels? Could you also indicate when the correction sheet will be available and how one may obtain it.

Yes I agree, there is an error here, as #401 needs to be longer for the larger funnel. Also what about #404 and #403, will they be long enough for the larger funnel?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:32 am 

Parts 403 and 404 fit as you are dealing with the same radius. Hopefully Mr. Kim responds to my post. It would also be nice if he were to list other errors that may be encountered and are included in the 'fix' in order to avoid additional build frustrations.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:16 am 
PontosModel
PontosModel

Serious....
I will check again and post the way you get the correction soon.
Thank youfor your finding...
Keumho Kim

http://pontosmodel.com
Shop: http://hobbydecal.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 580 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 29  Next