The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 580 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 29  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:29 pm 

Grizly wrote:
Now that the funnel parts are no longer available thru Aliexpress has anyone come up with a preferred option B?

If you don't want to cast in resin, then the 3D printed funnels are still an option I suppose. I got a set for the 1/350 kit...very nice fit, scale was right on as well. The only issue I had was the finish...it was very rough in areas and will be hard to smooth out without removing panel/rivet detail. Of course, it could be because I chose the least expensive material...maybe better material will be smoother. Also, I imagine that the increase in size to 1/200 will make it easier to work with. Then of course, there is the photoetch paneling from Pontosmodel that could be used.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:02 pm 

While the ModelMonkey's 3D funnel looks good, Cad$80.00 or Cad$120.00 for the two parts (depending on whether selecting ultra or extreme detail) certainly makes one think twice. Got my fingers crossed Trumpeter produces more trees containing the funnel parts.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:20 pm 

aliexpress ran out of funnels?? mine arrived today, only ordered it two weeks ago. As a side, I would like to congratulate Trumpeter on the packaging of the Hood kit. Been modelling since Jesus was a kid, and this is the first one that has had parts wrapped in bubblewrap! Also been lurking on this page a while, and would like to send out a BIG Thank You to Pontos' Mr Kim for the diligence and attention to detail in order to produce his set. Also thank you to the Hood experts on providing the needed info so freely. Truely a joint project! I see that Sovereiegn Hobbies is offering the two large funnels choice, but is there a USA supplier that can do this too? I am happy to order from Sovereriegn, but am cautious of shipping costs from the UK on a package of this size, Sovereign, please correct me if i am wrong. regards, Pete in Rhode Island. P.S., I bought my Hood in York, England at the hobby shop in Fossgate. Over $120 cheaper than here in the States at the time. When coming through customs in Toronto, the guys were ALL over this kit !! I got pulled from the passanger hall to the customs area to "explain" what i was bringing through. Yeah, Right. ..... the guys were totally interested in the kit, the Hood, where did I get it? how much? any detail sets? what colours, and were going on about the Bismark, the battle, the Hood's history, etc, etc, had a great time with them.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:43 am 
SovereignHobbies
SovereignHobbies

Shipping to USA is free on orders over 150quid, so Hood qualifies for that :)

Current build:
HMS Imperial D09 1/350
http://www.shipmodels.info/mws_forum/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=167151

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:13 am 

that works for me ! will send the order in as soon as i have the cash. regards, Pete

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:48 am 

found this site last night
read it all in a lot of hours
and can't resist this detail set anymore
still busy with the hull of the hachette version
lucky me that this will be a great opportunity to give my version a better shape
thanks for all the reseach you've done together

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:14 pm 

Hadn't heard of a recent release date, pre-ordered in Sept.?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:28 pm 

This site has been quiet for some time so I assume suggestions have dried up and the folks at Pontos are busy completing the Hood 'detail up' set. Anyone have any idea when it will be available for us lowly model builders to purchase?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:36 pm 
PontosModel
PontosModel

Hi All,
Thank you for your patience and we are finalizing this set.
Now we are waiting resin parts and gold plated metal propellers from suppliers.
And we have been focusing on editing and arranging instruction manuals.
We try to release within this month and start to ship from February.

I will show some more pictures as manual editing is going on.

Thank you
Keumho Kim

http://pontosmodel.com
Shop: http://hobbydecal.com

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:51 pm 

Thank you, Mr. Kim. We eagerly await this set with all the research that has gone into this. I pre-ordered my set last October and believe it I'll be worth the wait.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:22 am 

My HMS Hood funnel problem is solved.... I think! :) I bought another sprue from Aliexperss.

Can't wait for the Pontos detail set now! any reliable websites from were I can pre order it?

Attachments:
1.jpg
1.jpg [ 155.26 KiB | Viewed 1864 times ]
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:26 am 

I hope there will be a Europian Union country for this stuff; because of the taxes.
Suggestions?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:43 am 

Chris48 wrote:
My HMS Hood funnel problem is solved.... I think! :) I bought another sprue from Aliexperss.

Can't wait for the Pontos detail set now! any reliable websites from were I can pre order it?

Did you recently order from Aliexpress, or was that the December lot? They sold out of the original batch and haven't re-posted any new sets.

You can pre-Order the Pontos set from Free Time Hobbies:
http://freetimehobbies.com/1-200-pontos ... -preorder/

I have pre-ordered several things from them and always receive them as soon as they are released.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:20 am 

Thanks for your help and yes i ordered mine last december.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:31 am 

builder wrote:
I hope there will be a Europian Union country for this stuff; because of the taxes.
Suggestions?

Order from Sovereign in the UK? https://www.sovereignhobbies.co.uk/collections/pontos-model

Getting all excited now - great to have an update from Pontos!! :thumbs_up_1:

Iain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:53 am 

Thank you Iain.
I see it's possible to order the Bismarck sets too.
I gave them my Emailaddress to inform me when there are releases.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:02 am 

hello

before pre-ordering my Pontos detail set from http://www.sovereignhobbies.co.uk I noticed that there are two sets (with the funnel corrections) :-

Pontos 2300xFx - 1/200 HMS HOOD 1941 Detail Up Set - Option B Larger Fwd Funnel Frets
Pontos 2300xFx - 1/200 HMS HOOD 1941 Detail Up Set - Option C Smaller Aft Funnel Frets

which funnel is the correct size? the forward or the arf one? I always thought that the forward funnel is of the correct size but now I got all mixed up.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:03 pm 
SovereignHobbies
SovereignHobbies

Hi Chris,

The forward funnel is the correct size, but fitting the forward size in the aft position needs the base to be corrected and squared off too or it will clash with a bulkhead.

Using the aft size funnel is easier to do, but using the forward size funnel is correct.

Current build:
HMS Imperial D09 1/350
http://www.shipmodels.info/mws_forum/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=167151

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:33 am 

SovereignHobbies wrote:
Hi Chris,

The forward funnel is the correct size, but fitting the forward size in the aft position needs the base to be corrected and squared off too or it will clash with a bulkhead.

Using the aft size funnel is easier to do, but using the forward size funnel is correct.

so to make the two funnels with the correct size (like the forward funnel) I need to order option B (Pontos 2300xFx - 1/200 HMS HOOD 1941 Detail Up Set - Option B Larger Fwd Funnel Frets)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:29 pm 
Chris48 wrote:
SovereignHobbies wrote:
Hi Chris,

so to make the two funnels with the correct size (like the forward funnel) I need to order option B (Pontos 2300xFx - 1/200 HMS HOOD 1941 Detail Up Set - Option B Larger Fwd Funnel Frets)

Yes, to build the model correctly you need two front funnels, the kit part is too small. So, Pontos option B and modify your rear funnel or get the extra sprue from Trumpeter.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 580 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 29  Next