The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:07 am 

New from l'ARSENAL 2.0:
Project 1851 Soviet/ Russian nuclear submarine "Almaz" (NATO: X-RAY)

Available at both 1:350 and 1:700 scale
Resin and PE

Project 1851 «ALMAZ» (АЛМАЗ ), NATO: X-RAY is a «first rank deep dive nuclear station».
Studied during the early 1980s by Malakhit design bureau, three boats were built in Leningrad. They can operate high depth divers and ship a diving chamber.
About 40m long with a displacement of 550t (surface)/ 1,000t (submerged) they have a thick titanium pressure hull and a 10MW nuclear propulsion plant. The boat standard diving depth is believed to be 1,000m.
Three boats entered service between 1986 and 1995: AS-23, AS-21, AS-35.
They belong to the 29th submarine brigade of the North Fleet based in Olenya Guba, near Poliarny in the Kola inlet.
The Almaz can be operated as «parasite» sub under a specially modified large boat. To this purpose, former Delta III SLBM sub K-129 Orenburg (former Project 667BDR «Kalmar») was modified in 1994.

The Delta III is available from Polar Bear (1:350) and OKB Grigorov (1:700). Sub adapter has to be scratched:

1:350 available here:
http://www.larsenal.com/project-1851-al ... 2x32305099

1:700 available here:
http://www.larsenal.com/project-1851-al ... 2x32305129

NOTICE:

Dear customers,

L'Arsenal is closed until September 6th. The whole team is on vacation and will be back in great shape to present you with new items. We would like to thank you particularly for your understanding and patience during the last six months which have not been easy in terms of availability. Everything is starting to get back in order ... To thank you, we offer a 10% discount on all your orders until September 6th :thumbs_up_1: Use the code: VACANCES

Mélaine

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:18 pm 

I ordered one, looking forward to it arriving. If I can find more detailed info on the mothership, more pictures I think I might give it a try in Solidworks because that would be a cool project.

"This is how Admiral Okita fights."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:35 am 

My order for this just arrived. Excellent work like always. If there is more info out there on the mother submarine I think I would buy another kit so I could try to make a version docked with it.

Cant wait to see the family of Golf class subs in 1/350. Very much looking forward to it.

"This is how Admiral Okita fights."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:02 pm 

Quick question concerning the HMS Sheffield 1/700 kit. At one time L'Arsenal had talked about doing a round bridge conversion for this kit so the last three ships could be built from the kit. Are there still any plans to do this? Thanks in advance for any information.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:17 pm 

Frank Fowler wrote:
Quick question concerning the HMS Sheffield 1/700 kit. At one time L'Arsenal had talked about doing a round bridge conversion for this kit so the last three ships could be built from the kit. Are there still any plans to do this? Thanks in advance for any information.

Short answer:
Projected: yes
ETA: unkown
_Bruno