The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:04 pm 

My apologies if this question has already been asked and answered. When will this set be available? I pre-ordered it from one of my favorite USA based hobby stores and it is still showing as a pre-order status. Any insight is appreciated. Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:52 am 

There were no responses so I thought I would ask again, does anyone know when this set will be available? Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:25 pm 

Hello,

Me too. There is already a lot of time I made a pre order of this kit. And since then I'm waiting.

If that is not enough, Mr. PONTOS can not answer the simple question.

Is this Kit still on the agenda? And if so, what is its date of availability at the resellers?

I see that the previous question is waiting for an answer from Mr. PONTOS for more than a month. With Telford taking place soon. I think we will have to wait another 2 to 3 months to get an answer.

Best regards.
Alain.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:05 pm 

I ordered the Blue Deck advanced kit from them the day their website said it was available on 2 July and I just received the kit this weekend. However, the box only had three of the 159 advertised resin parts. I e-mailed them with a picture of what was included but no reply yet.

V/R

Scot

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:07 pm 

Cajuntiger wrote:
I ordered the Blue Deck advanced kit from them the day their website said it was available on 2 July and I just received the kit this weekend. However, the box only had three of the 159 advertised resin parts. I e-mailed them with a picture of what was included but no reply yet.

Scot

Same! Seems like there was probably an error with the packing instructions. Ive sent Pontos an email too, but based on other examples on this forum, it takes them awhile to reply.

Edit: Got a reply from Pontos. Apparently they DID forget to send out the resin parts, and will send replacements starting on the 6th of November.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:09 am 
PetrOs Modellbau
PetrOs Modellbau

A new Missouri is coming from veryfire soon, should be much better then tamiya

1:350 HMS Diana 1794 - nearly released
Further kits in preparation.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:24 pm 
PetrOs wrote:
A new Missouri is coming from veryfire soon, should be much better then tamiya

The timing of this comment is tragic; right after I struggled to buy a Mighty Mo from Ebay and the Pontos set.

:(

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:10 pm 
Apparently the Veryfire kit is due in December. CAD renders look good.
http://www.hobbyeasy.com/en/data/mufdrg ... lgn8i.html

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:42 pm 

If you have the old Tamiya kit--I wouldn't worry too much about it. It still builds up to a very nice model. Judging from the CAD, there are only a few minute differences that would really be a deal breaker--if you cared enough.

1. Veryfire's model (may) correct the scaling of the 16" main battery. Probably the largest issue on the Tamiya kit.
2. Bulkhead detail! But the Pontos set already takes care of that (from your complaints, you've already bought it).
3. Splinter shield thickness.
4. 20mm splinter shielding straddling #3 turret has corrected shape.
5. The short paravane (skeg?) at the bow. Could be scratched if you were so inclined.
6. Adding the captain's hoods onto the last 2 remaining 5" gunhouses (strangely omitted from Pontos set, but shouldn't be hard to dig up spares somewhere).
7. Veryfire's Missouri has some shell plating, but it appears incorrect anyway. But at least it's there, if that is your sort of thing.
8. Possible bow shape correction on the Veryfire kit??
9. Possible seaway addition to superstructure 03 level??
10. Properly hollowed out windows surrounding bridge and conning tower??
11. Both models have incorrect struts/gussets for 20mm splinter shields. CAD and old Tamiya model represents these as raised rectangles, whereas on the actual ship, they were rather distinct triangular shapes (Flyhawk's 1/350 ultimate detail set offers corrections for these, or you could scratch them).

If those issues aren't too big of a deal (or beyond your means to correct), then the old Tamiya model may actually save you the trouble of sanding off the bulkhead detail anyway! In my experience, they tend to be overscale. I wouldn't disparage the Pontos set or the old Tamiya classic. Veryfire just has the benefit of being the new kid on the block. :thumbs_up_1: But with a little bit of effort, both should build to be respectable models of the Mighty Mo (or any of her sisters).

On a more related note;
Mr. Kim, if we purchased the basic set, but decided to upgrade to advanced set at a later date, is it possible to purchase an add-on set (like those offered in the earlier 1/350 Yamato releases)? Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:40 am 
SovereignHobbies
SovereignHobbies

I have been reading this a little perplexed because these sets (4 of, standard and advanced, teak or blue deck) have been available for me to order from Pontos since July I think, but kept quiet because I didn't order any since US ships are fairly unpopular in the UK market and therefore hadn't actually laid eyes on the product myself, but I can now confirm the Missouri 1945 sets are definitely released because I was looking at them at SMW 2017 at Telford this weekend and have brought some stock back with me to Aberdeenshire.

Current build:
HMS Imperial D09 1/350
http://www.shipmodels.info/mws_forum/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=167151

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:12 am 

Hello

The kit arrived this morning. A true wonder. I quickly looked at the assembly instructions.

On the walls in PE. There is the option to open doors. And the AA quadruple Bofors cannons with their superb metal guns.

Best Regards.
Alain.