The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Boeing B-314 Clipper
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:57 am 
Classic Airships
Classic Airships

The fabulous Boeing Model 314 is now in my CLASSIC AIRSHIPS shop in a choice of scales: 1/1250th and 1/1200th, 1/700th and 1/600th, and 1/285th.

In 1/1250th and 1/700th I have opted once again to provide three piece sets including the complete, "in flight" model, a separate beaching trolley and a waterline model. The waterline model features open doors and hatches - but you'll need your glasses on to see them, at least in 1/1250th and 1200th!

My range of flying boats already includes the Dornier DoX, the Short Empire, the Sikorsky S42 and the Martin JRM1 Mars.

Here is the 1/700th set in "Frosted Extreme Detail" plastic...

And here is the 1/1250th set, again in "Frosted Extreme Detail" plastic...

Please note that the 1/1250th, 1/700th and 1/285th models are all completely separate designs and not simple re-scales.

To complete the trio here is the 1/285th version, this time printed in a new material, "HP Strong and Flexible" soon to be launched by Shapeways. For anyone already familiar with WS&F, this new material is a step up in smoothness, crispness of detail and uniform printing...
The display stand is a separate item from my shop. My camera has made the new material look blue - in fact it is a mid-gray. There will be an option to have it in black.

The Boeing B-314 clipper is widely regarded at the summit of flying boat technology. It inaugurated the world’s first transatlantic heavier-than-air service, and carried passengers and cargo around the globe in the 1930’s and 1940’s.
Large, luxurious, and reliable — and with an astounding range of 3,500 statute miles — the B-314 made intercontinental passenger airline service a practical reality.
... extract from clipperflyingboats.com which is essential reading for anyone interested in flying boats and in particular, the Pan Am fleet.

Happy modelling everyone!

Derek

Post subject: Re: Boeing B-314 Clipper
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:35 am 

Would love to see it finished - please!

Cheers, Jabb

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure.