The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:57 pm 
Out of the Box Models
Out of the Box Models

Hi everyone, my name is Dan, and I'm the CEO of Out of the Box Models. We are pleased to announce that we are one of the Forum's newest sponsors. We are a new startup out of Syracuse, NY and we're trying to disrupt the way model kits are produced. Right now, we've been very popular with the model railroaders, but being a scale modeler for over 20 years, I would really love to make some scale models as well!

I've been building mostly 72nd scale aircraft and Armor for the past 20 years, but I've also just started getting into 350th scale ships.

Out of the Box has a different business model allowing us scaleability of production from made to order 3D printed kits, limited production Resin (100 or less units), and mass produced Injection molded kits, as well as photo-etch and decals. Instead of just making model we think will be profitable, we take commissions from our customers, giving them the kit they want want, in the scale they choose. Everything we release is commissioned by our customers.

We never say no to a commission, instead we figure out how to make things work. Plus, we give you back 10% of sales of your commission as a thank you.

We want to be a part of the community, so feel free to approach us and ask us questions. We are here to help. We are also working on creating a series of modeling technique videos on youtube to help other modelers get better, and eventually try and grow the hobby to newcomers.

I look forward to interacting with you on the forums!

Our website is www.outoftheboxmodels.com

Check out our Pinterest for 25% off of your commission cost. https://www.pinterest.com/outoftheboxmodels/

http://www.outoftheboxmodels.com