The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:29 pm 
Classic Airships
Classic Airships

Following on from my new ZPG-3 Vigilance kit, I have done just the same for the smaller and more numerous members of the N-Class airship fleet, the ZPG-2s or "Nan Ships";

The new model of a ZPG-2W is a kit of parts with which you can chose to depict the airship with it's undercarriage either up or down, and model her either "in flight" or moored to the Mobile Mooring Mast included in the set.

By splitting the hull in two and then positioning each half pointing vertically upwards in the printer, I have ensured that they print as smoothly as possible with a minimum of marking from support materials. To add extra strength I have increased the envelope thickness and reinforced the area where a display rod can be inserted if required. The Control Car is separately printed in both U/C "up" and U/C "down" configurations which are delivered within the hull, providing extra security against loss and damage. The Mooring Mast is also delivered within the hull. All of these parts are easily released using a pair of snips and there are no ugly sprue connection points to have to worry about disguising.

All of this and yet once again this beautiful little model is significantly lower in price (more than 17%) than the model that preceded it. You will find the Nan Ship HERE in my Shapeways shop.

For decals please use my "CA007" sheet available HERE on my website.

Happy Modelling everyone!

Derek