The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:31 pm 
Offline
Very Fire
Very Fire

Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:28 pm
Posts: 91
Location: china
Joe Ellias wrote:
I’m very much looking forward to the release of the Cleveland class. Does Veryfire plan to release both the early (round bridge) and the later version (square bridge)?

Also Veryfire alluded to the next release occurring by “Black Friday “ or Christmas. Does this apply to the Cleveland?

Thanks again
Joe

We have sent the pics of our Des Moines, Louisiana and Cleveland to Freetimes, Mr. Brandon will make a decision whether it apply to the Cleveland or not.

_________________
VeryFire Model
www.veryfirehobby.com
Email:veryfire_model@vip.163.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:08 pm
Posts: 5
Does anyone know the difference between the wooden deck being sold on eBay here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/153711355245?ul_noapp=true

...as compared to the one at FreeTime Hobbies here: https://freetimehobbies.com/1-350-blue-ridge-models-uss-salem-ca-139-wood-deck/

The former seems to include a set of maskings.

Is the wooden deck better in one vs. the other?

...looking forward to starting this kit!

Thanks!

-Frank


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:57 am 
Offline
Very Fire
Very Fire

Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:28 pm
Posts: 91
Location: china
fuzzoli wrote:
Does anyone know the difference between the wooden deck being sold on eBay here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/153711355245?ul_noapp=true

...as compared to the one at FreeTime Hobbies here: https://freetimehobbies.com/1-350-blue-ridge-models-uss-salem-ca-139-wood-deck/

The former seems to include a set of maskings.

Is the wooden deck better in one vs. the other?

...looking forward to starting this kit!

Thanks!

-Frank

Almost the same.

_________________
VeryFire Model
www.veryfirehobby.com
Email:veryfire_model@vip.163.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:00 am
Posts: 365
Location: London, Ontario, Canada
Okay I've got a question for Very Fire.

I've preordered the Deluxe version of the Salem kit from Hobbyeasy. Very much looking forward it getting released and shipped to me.

However this morning I notice another site I shop at HLJ has listed the 1/350 USS Des Moines, USS Cleveland and Battleship Louisiana all of which are must buys. But what I want to know is will there be deluxe versions of each of those kits that include the add-on detail sets? Or will the detail sets be separate only?

_________________
Aaron Propper
"I don't understand any of this! But when we get in the giant robots, WE MUST FIGHT!"

"This is how Admiral Okita fights."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:00 am 
Offline
Very Fire
Very Fire

Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:28 pm
Posts: 91
Location: china
Heavy Melder wrote:
Okay I've got a question for Very Fire.

I've preordered the Deluxe version of the Salem kit from Hobbyeasy. Very much looking forward it getting released and shipped to me.

However this morning I notice another site I shop at HLJ has listed the 1/350 USS Des Moines, USS Cleveland and Battleship Louisiana all of which are must buys. But what I want to know is will there be deluxe versions of each of those kits that include the add-on detail sets? Or will the detail sets be separate only?

Actually we don't send any distributor the information of our 1/350 USS Salem DX version, we even don't finish the detail up set. BTW, Hobbyeasy is not our distributor, if we release a new product, you will find it on HLJ or Freetimes. I will also announce it on this website.

_________________
VeryFire Model
www.veryfirehobby.com
Email:veryfire_model@vip.163.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:21 am
Posts: 191
What year is your 1/350 Cleveland model going to depict? Also, do you have any plans for doing any of her sister ships?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:19 am
Posts: 273
I am also interested in buying a luxury version of Cleveland.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 3:39 pm
Posts: 42
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Put me down for a DX version of the Cleveland as well!

Could not find any information on a Trumpeter Brooklyn CL-40 class...
If anyone knows where such information can be sourced, please post link.

But instead of Trumpeter, I'm hoping that VeryFire will release a DX Brooklyn
class so I can build the USS Boise! Jut love the lines on those Brooklyns!
Been dreaming of a 1/350 version for...., well, forever!

Make it happen' capn'!

_________________
Do not click this link!
Are You a Good Person?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:21 am
Posts: 191
I'm personally keeping my fingers crossed for a St. Louis Brooklyn subclass. Esp the Helena! Such a storied ship.

For anyone interested, I answered my own question regarding the year of the Cleveland's fit. She appears to be in her 1945 guise, with her SK-2 dish and 40mm twins in the old 20mm positions abaft her aft turrents. It also seems to be pre-1946 overhaul as she retains both catapults.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:29 am
Posts: 145
David Yarnell wrote:
Put me down for a DX version of the Cleveland as well!

Could not find any information on a Trumpeter Brooklyn CL-40 class...
If anyone knows where such information can be sourced, please post link.

But instead of Trumpeter, I'm hoping that VeryFire will release a DX Brooklyn
class so I can build the USS Boise! Jut love the lines on those Brooklyns!
Been dreaming of a 1/350 version for...., well, forever!

Make it happen' capn'!


I have not even seen rumors of a Brooklyn class from Trumpeter. (Or Monocrome, or HobbyBoss, or Minihobby; all "subsidiaries". )

The Brooklyns and St. Louis/Helena have been covered in Resin but no Plastic. Seems like a great opportunity to be the first to release one. Who cares if someone else might do it. Do it Bigger, better, cheaper! (Or at least more accurate than the competition.)

I wish VeryFire Good Luck for the Future. (Please try for a Brooklyn class!)

I too am a VF patron, made possible thru Freetime's great pricing. (Thanks Brandon!)

Nino


Pssst... Those previous 1/700 Brooklyn class kits were from YMK, Classic Warships, Midship, BRM, Corsair Armada, and Niko who is still making kits of several Brooklyns and USS Helena. And ISW who had made a USS Nashville in 1/350.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:49 pm 
Offline
Very Fire
Very Fire

Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:28 pm
Posts: 91
Location: china
Thank you all for your support.
We will discuss the 1/350 USS Brooklyn later, after we finish our 1/350 USS Cleveland class.

_________________
VeryFire Model
www.veryfirehobby.com
Email:veryfire_model@vip.163.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:45 pm
Posts: 1548
Location: Abu Dhabi
Veryfire Model wrote:
after we finish our 1/350 USS Cleveland class.


Very good ,this is a must have ship.

Then ,any approximate date for the release of the Cleveland ??

_________________
No Whine Policy
1.- Modify it
2.- Ignore it
3.- Don't build it


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:50 pm 
Offline
Very Fire
Very Fire

Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:28 pm
Posts: 91
Location: china
Miguel wrote:
Veryfire Model wrote:
after we finish our 1/350 USS Cleveland class.


Very good ,this is a must have ship.

Then ,any approximate date for the release of the Cleveland ??

I estimate it will be released in February. We want the details of our Cleveland to get a higher level, some new parts like AA weapons, search lights and ventilators, maybe 127mm gun turrets, will be used in our new products. We also put more details on our Cleveland hull. So I hope it can be released in Februry but I cannot give any promise to you, and we have to consider the Spring Festival in January, that's a long holiday.

_________________
VeryFire Model
www.veryfirehobby.com
Email:veryfire_model@vip.163.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:45 pm
Posts: 1548
Location: Abu Dhabi
Veryfire Model wrote:
I estimate it will be released in February. We want the details of our Cleveland to get a higher level, some new parts like AA weapons, search lights and ventilators, maybe 127mm gun turrets, will be used in our new products. We also put more details on our Cleveland hull. So I hope it can be released in Februry but I cannot give any promise to you, and we have to consider the Spring Festival in January, that's a long holiday.



Thank You for the information ,very good news indeed ,I have the Salem and the Montana in 1/350 ,for sure will buy the Cleveland .

My last question ,what variations of the Cleveland Class can we expect??

_________________
No Whine Policy
1.- Modify it
2.- Ignore it
3.- Don't build it


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:24 am 
Offline
Very Fire
Very Fire

Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:28 pm
Posts: 91
Location: china
Miguel wrote:
Thank You for the information ,very good news indeed ,I have the Salem and the Montana in 1/350 ,for sure will buy the Cleveland .

My last question ,what variations of the Cleveland Class can we expect??

4 sisters in our plan, CL-55, CL-62, CL-89 and CL-90. All of them are their late-war versions. I think we need more time to develop those early-war AA weapons, we try to put them on our Atlanta class, but our Cleveland class may not have their early-war versions kits.
All the best!

_________________
VeryFire Model
www.veryfirehobby.com
Email:veryfire_model@vip.163.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:28 pm
Posts: 658
Location: Downey, California
Veryfire Model wrote:
Miguel wrote:
Thank You for the information ,very good news indeed ,I have the Salem and the Montana in 1/350 ,for sure will buy the Cleveland .

My last question ,what variations of the Cleveland Class can we expect??

4 sisters in our plan, CL-55, CL-62, CL-89 and CL-90. All of them are their late-war versions. I think we need more time to develop those early-war AA weapons, we try to put them on our Atlanta class, but our Cleveland class may not have their early-war versions kits.
All the best!


Ahem... Atlanta class? Interesting...
(Picking up a ball dropped by Dragon?)

Nothing wrong with re-visiting the Clevelands later after the early-war parts are completed. Or perhaps lay out the early war sprues so they can be sold separately as a detail add-on or conversion set?

- Sean F.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 3:39 pm
Posts: 42
Location: Philadelphia, PA
One more quick question with respect to the Cleveland release.

Can you give us any idea of how long after the initial release
we might expect a DX release with all the photoetch included?

I hate chasing down PE only to find its price bloated along with
ridiculous shipping charges. Much prefer to make a single
purchase with everything I need to produce a stellar model
out of the box.

Thanks for the reply...and for doing such important ships!!

David

_________________
Do not click this link!
Are You a Good Person?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:14 pm 
Offline
Very Fire
Very Fire

Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:28 pm
Posts: 91
Location: china
David Yarnell wrote:
One more quick question with respect to the Cleveland release.

Can you give us any idea of how long after the initial release
we might expect a DX release with all the photoetch included?

I hate chasing down PE only to find its price bloated along with
ridiculous shipping charges. Much prefer to make a single
purchase with everything I need to produce a stellar model
out of the box.

Thanks for the reply...and for doing such important ships!!

David

Sorry David, I don't know when it will be relesaed, we are now upgrading our detail up sets, so I estimate there will be 2~3 months we cannot release any set after we release our 1/350 IJN Yahagi detail up set. But I am sure it will be released in 2020.

_________________
VeryFire Model
www.veryfirehobby.com
Email:veryfire_model@vip.163.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:18 pm 
Offline
Very Fire
Very Fire

Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:28 pm
Posts: 91
Location: china
SeanF wrote:
Ahem... Atlanta class? Interesting...
(Picking up a ball dropped by Dragon?)

Nothing wrong with re-visiting the Clevelands later after the early-war parts are completed. Or perhaps lay out the early war sprues so they can be sold separately as a detail add-on or conversion set?

- Sean F.

Good idea.

_________________
VeryFire Model
www.veryfirehobby.com
Email:veryfire_model@vip.163.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:32 pm
Posts: 270
Location: South Carolina
Any idea when the detail set for USS Salem will be available?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: PetrOs and 12 guests


You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group