The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:58 pm 

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has a status on 3d Model Parts? I have been wanting to order some items for several months now but they have been listed as out of stock. I have tried to contact Mr. Allsup via email and PM and PM on 3dmodelparts.com but have only had no response. Anyone know any status on them?

Thanks and have a great week,
Mark B.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:07 pm 

Good day David and thanks for the response.

I understand the "pandemic" disruption to the supply chain. I've always known Big Blue's B2B and Just In Time business models were powder kegs just waiting for the right virus to come a long and light the fuse.

I was/am more concerned with the radio silence. I mean Mr. Allsup was always quick to respond to my queries over the past 3 years but I have not had a response for 6 weeks now. l was just wondering if he has some serious problems ongoing that I missed.

I hope he and his family are well. I was just wondering if anyone had any further information.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:51 pm 

I heard from Carl back at the end of January. He was fine, but he, family, and staff had been enduring several rounds of quarantine, with predictable impact on his business.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:36 pm 

Good afternoon all,

First and foremost, I'm seriously glad to hear that Carl is doing ok. He's always taken the time to help me make the right product purchase decisions.

At the time of this post, its now approximately 5 months later. I'm hesitant to make a purchase. Has anyone successfully ordered from 3D Model Parts recently?

Thanks,

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:22 pm 

Don Grasmick wrote:
Good afternoon all,

First and foremost, I'm seriously glad to hear that Carl is doing ok. He's always taken the time to help me make the right product purchase decisions.

At the time of this post, its now approximately 5 months later. I'm hesitant to make a purchase. Has anyone successfully ordered from 3D Model Parts recently?

Thanks,

Hi Don,

I am not sure what the status is. I have been wanting to order some items since mid 2020 and they have been showing out of stock for the whole time. I can't even place an order because the is no way to get 5o the CART page and start the order process if an item shows as out of stock.

I tried to communicate back in January with 3D Model parts on their web site via the chat function as well as sending emails to both @3dmodelparts.com addresses and sending PMs from here. I received no responses, just radio silence so I posted this thread.

Recently I have sent another email on the 24th of August asking if possibly there was a different order process or a new website. Again radio silence. I do hope he is doing well or at least on the upswing if he is dealing with any COVID-19 issues or an actual case of COVID-19. But I would hesitate to order under these circumstances.

Last edited by Brocky on Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:21 pm 

Hi Brocky, Yeah, at this point, that made my decision a lot easier, I just went with Freetime Hobbies for those detail up accessories. I appreciate you getting back with some info on the topic.

But in another sense, this is confusing as Martin Quinn announced on the main forum under the *Resin* A list of Upcoming Ship Kit Releases thread on 08/21/2021 that 3D Model Parts was going into some sort of collaboration with Toms Modelworks on an Oklahoma kit project of some type. That gave me some cause to think all was well with 3D Model Parts. I hope we havent lost another good detail parts supplier :(

Thanks again,

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:51 pm 

Don Grasmick wrote:
Hi Brocky, Yeah, at this point, that made my decision a lot easier, I just went with Freetime Hobbies for those detail up accessories. I appreciate you getting back with some info on the topic.

But in another sense, this is confusing as Martin Quinn announced on the main forum under the *Resin* A list of Upcoming Ship Kit Releases thread on 08/21/2021 that 3D Model Parts was going into some sort of collaboration with Toms Modelworks on an Oklahoma kit project of some type. That gave me some cause to think all was well with 3D Model Parts. I hope we havent lost another good detail parts supplier :(

Thanks again,

Hi Don,

OK, I missed that, but that does raise a question on the radio silence fromf the web site. I'm not sure how much interest there is in a USS Oklahoma type but maybe they think there will be a large enough demand that they won't be able to fullfil the kit orders and the one or two off items from the individual sells on 3D Models, with all the COVID-19 induced supply shortages. At any rate I'm still not able to get the AAA sets I need.