The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:19 pm 
3D Wild
3D Wild

To IJN warship modelers who are building late-WWII aircraft carriers (Taiho, Zuikaku, Shokaku, Junyo, Hiyo, etc.), please check our newly released 1/350 late-war IJN carrier-based aircraft! Available now are B6N Jill, D4Y1 Judy, D3A2 Val, A6M5 Zero, and A6M2 Zero as fighter-bomber! For more details please visit our website https://3d-wild.com/collections/military-model-kits
Features:
1. Highly detailed, with window frames of the cockpit where no more PE parts are needed.
2. The kits include pilots for open-canopy configurations, which is the only game in town for 1/350 aircraft!
3. Fast & easy assembly, saving a lot of time and effort if you are building a whole squadron of aircraft!
4. Last but not least, going with the model kits we have decal sheets which provide vast choice of markings/tail codes for modelers who are serious about details and historical accuracy!

Last edited by 3D-WILD on Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:57 am 

Hmmm...replace the "fat" propellers with PE ones and they would be really nice aircraft. How could you fill in the canopy frames with glazing, especially on the curved parts?
:wave_1:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:55 pm 

Outstanding! Late war versions are hard to come by these days; Fujimi almost never issues theirs, and Hasegawa's can be hard to find. Though VeryFire has a new set out to complement its Taiho release. Obviously, the 3D-Wild units need far less work to complete.

I can appreciate the amount of effort involved to just to research the markings, and kudos to 3D-Wild for providing all those decal options.

One correction: The new VeryFire set does contain proper D3A2 Vals, though no armament is provided.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:27 pm 
3D Wild
3D Wild

drasticplastic wrote:
Hmmm...replace the "fat" propellers with PE ones and they would be really nice aircraft. How could you fill in the canopy frames with glazing, especially on the curved parts?

There is No glazing there!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:29 pm 
3D Wild
3D Wild

Dan K wrote:
Outstanding! Late war versions are hard to come by these days; Fujimi almost never issues theirs, and Hasegawa's can be hard to find. Though VeryFire has a new set out to complement its Taiho release. Obviously, the 3D-Wild units need far less work to complete.

I can appreciate the amount of effort involved to just to research the markings, and kudos to 3D-Wild for providing all those decal options.

One correction: The new VeryFire set does contain proper D3A2 Vals, though no armament is provided.

Thanks Dan, for your very high evaluation of our products as always!! I have removed the "only one" description for D3A2, nice catch!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:18 am 

3D-WILD wrote:
drasticplastic wrote:

There is No glazing there!!

Yeah...I know there is no glazing there. My question is how to add it, if you wanted to. Micro Clear would work on the flat side sections, but I don't think it would conform to the curved roof canopy sections.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:30 pm 
3D Wild
3D Wild

There is No glazing there!![/quote]
Yeah...I know there is no glazing there. My question is how to add it, if you wanted to. Micro Clear would work on the flat side sections, but I don't think it would conform to the curved roof canopy sections.[/quote]

Maybe surface tension could help to make a non-flat film, but not sure. Anyway the empty space is very small and it may be hard to tell if the glazing conform to the canopy...