The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:01 pm 

Lovely build pics Kim :thumbs_up_1:

Don't get distracted though. Waiting with baited breath to see the Yorktown set :big_grin:

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:09 pm 

Hi,

Can anyone please tell me if 2 of parts 116 (282 radar) are missing on the Pontos set. The kit calls for 4 of these but I can only find 2 of them although there are 4 each of the other parts that make up the assembly (118 & 119). Also, has anyone had a problem getting in touch with Pontos? I''ve emailed them twice through the link on another issue but have not received any acknowledgement or reply at all. I don't consider this satisfactory haveing spent some of my hard earned money on their product. Thanks in advance for any input.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:27 pm 
PontosModel
PontosModel

Johnt71 wrote:
Hi,

Can anyone please tell me if 2 of parts 116 (282 radar) are missing on the Pontos set. The kit calls for 4 of these but I can only find 2 of them although there are 4 each of the other parts that make up the assembly (118 & 119). Also, has anyone had a problem getting in touch with Pontos? I''ve emailed them twice through the link on another issue but have not received any acknowledgement or reply at all. I don't consider this satisfactory haveing spent some of my hard earned money on their product. Thanks in advance for any input.

Please email to help@pontosmodel.com again.
I think I can prove this. And I will reply within 2days.

Thank you
Kim

http://pontosmodel.com
Shop: http://hobbydecal.com

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:07 pm 

I take back any criticism. After Kim posted a reply to my forum post tonight, I emailed him and got a reply back almost immediately. I think they had just been really busy, but all's well now!

PS. The "missing" parts are at bottom right corner of fret #2. They had been missed off, but have subsequently been added.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:29 pm 

i am nearly finished making the warspite just the guns to do but a small suggestion could you seperate the brass barrells into sets as i have used the wrong ones on the pom poms or on the instructions have a picture with the quantity the instructions do not show these and the booms small seperate bags would help alot.
also the catapault instructions call for all of the plastic catapualt to be removed but do you remove the ramps as well or do you hust add the brass on to the top

but this is still an excellent set cant wait untill you make the queen elizabeth set could you do a list of future pe sets and the more pre orders you get the higher up the list it goes

peter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:30 am 

I'm hoping the ramps are to be removed as I just cut mine off last night :scratch:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:20 am 
PontosModel
PontosModel

modelmanuk wrote:
i am nearly finished making the warspite just the guns to do but a small suggestion could you seperate the brass barrells into sets as i have used the wrong ones on the pom poms or on the instructions have a picture with the quantity the instructions do not show these and the booms small seperate bags would help alot.
also the catapault instructions call for all of the plastic catapualt to be removed but do you remove the ramps as well or do you hust add the brass on to the top

but this is still an excellent set cant wait untill you make the queen elizabeth set could you do a list of future pe sets and the more pre orders you get the higher up the list it goes

peter

Rob-UK wrote:
I'm hoping the ramps are to be removed as I just cut mine off last night :scratch:

Yep all the brass parts are in a few zipper bags so modellers should separate with a much time.
Instruction manual are listed on our webpage with PDF format so you can refer with zoom in.
We will also add on the PDF file the shape shadow of each brass part 1:1 scale.

Plastic ramps on the catapult should also be removed.
The ramp is just plate shape so 0.15mm etching is enough.

QE will be started next year with Trumpeter Warspite.
So seal and keep your QE on the bottom of your stack by next year.

Thank you
Kim

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:45 pm 

Hi, I'm trying to work out where pe part 171 fits on the cranes. There are 8 pieces but their positioning isn't shown in the instructions. Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks, John.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:13 am 
PontosModel
PontosModel

Johnt71 wrote:
Hi, I'm trying to work out where pe part 171 fits on the cranes. There are 8 pieces but their positioning isn't shown in the instructions. Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks, John.

PE 171 is for non wired PE 233 option for who would realize cable wire.
Thank you
Kim

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:51 am 

Many thanks for the reply Kim.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:26 am 

I just got my set today, and it does look impressive. The pom pom barrels look amazing...through a magnifying glass. This is as good as any of the aircraft multi media sets I have ised before, but the wooden deck looks a little daunting. This is the only media in the kit that is new to me.

One question though. Should there have been a length of chain in the kit, as mine doesn`t have any?

By the time I finish using this set, hopefully the KGV set will be available. Happy days.

Regards, Dave.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:51 am 

Mine had chain in the set but honestly I don't think it's usable as the links are twisted and look horrible. I just used other chain. The set is great though.

I need to order another one for my next build of Warspite. I didnt use the deck on my last build. To my eye wooden decks look over scaled and I had a dreadful experience with using one (not from Pontos) on my Graf Spee. The wood lifted and bubbled over the place and became worse over time. I've since scrapped her and built a new ship. Fortunately I was able to remove most of the fittings and etch and use them on the new build. :cool_2:

David Gatt

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:23 am 
PontosModel
PontosModel

Dave Spencer wrote:
I just got my set today, and it does look impressive. The pom pom barrels look amazing...through a magnifying glass. This is as good as any of the aircraft multi media sets I have ised before, but the wooden deck looks a little daunting. This is the only media in the kit that is new to me.

One question though. Should there have been a length of chain in the kit, as mine doesn`t have any?

By the time I finish using this set, hopefully the KGV set will be available. Happy days.

Regards, Dave.

Dave,
Your set should have one 20cm Black Anchor chain.
If not, our staff missed again...
We can sen the extra chain in this case.
Please email me with your address.

As for the Wooden deck you can use water spraying on the surface plastic deck for easier fitting on the kit.
Use as watersliding decal.

Thank you
Kim

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:40 am 
PontosModel
PontosModel

David Gatt wrote:
Mine had chain in the set but honestly I don't think it's usable as the links are twisted and look horrible. I just used other chain. The set is great though.

I need to order another one for my next build of Warspite. I didnt use the deck on my last build. To my eye wooden decks look over scaled and I had a dreadful experience with using one (not from Pontos) on my Graf Spee. The wood lifted and bubbled over the place and became worse over time. I've since scrapped her and built a new ship. Fortunately I was able to remove most of the fittings and etch and use them on the new build. :cool_2:

David Gatt

David,
Chain also can be replaced at any time.
If you need for another try, please let me know.

As for the strength of wooden deck adhesive.
Too strong, users cannot re-fit because wood sheet is scattered.
Too weak, as you mentioned wooden deck are peeled off too easily.
So we tuned the strength of Adhesive very seriously with many tests.
And finally we find the most effective strength point.
And more, ours can be applied with using water spraying for easier fitting on the plastick surface.
You can use also warm blowing driers(as hair drier) for drying remained water.
After dried fully, the deck willbe attached steadl\ily.
But even though we find the best point in strength. with high temperature and humidity condition, some area may be peeled off, so in this case, you can applying with instant glue on these area for stronger attaching.

Thank you
Kim

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:52 am 

Hey Kim, yes I have discussed the use of your wooden decks earlier and am sure that if I used them I wouldn't have the problem that I encountered with my first Graf Spee. Sorry if I didn't make myself clear earlier. The wooden deck I used on the Graf Spee wasn't yours, however It was an expensive and painful experience having to purchase a new kit rip as many of the existing build off as I could and rebuild. I think the worst part of it all was seeing a perfectly good hull in my bin. I've decided to use wooden decks only on my carriers as I had great success with Hasegawa's Akagi decks. You never know one day I might give wooden decks another go on battleships. :smallsmile:

No worries about the chain I have plenty thanks. Once again I'd like to thank you and your team at Pontos for the excellent sets that you're releasing. My dreadnought isn't quite complete yet, however your set on her looks very good.

David Gatt

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:18 pm 

Hi a little bit of advice before fittimg the wooden deck remove all fittings especially catapault and raillings as i made the mistake of not removing the rails

peter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:28 pm 

Pontosmodel wrote:
Dave,
Your set should have one 20cm Black Anchor chain.
If not, our staff missed again...
We can sen the extra chain in this case.
Please email me with your address.

As for the Wooden deck you can use water spraying on the surface plastic deck for easier fitting on the kit.
Use as watersliding decal.

Thank you
Kim

Thanks for that, Kim. To be honest, it probably isn`t worth sending a small length of chain all the way to the UK. I am sure I will be ordering a KGV and Bismarck set in the future. I shall remind you then, and maybe it can be put in one of those sets.

I shall take your advice with the wooden deck.

Regards, Dave.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:36 am 
PontosModel
PontosModel

Hi, all
It took me 8 months to finish this Warspite.
I'm so busy doing PE design that I don't have time to make ship model as a hobby.

Thank you

SH Park
Pontos model

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:20 pm 

Nicely Built!

"Let the evidence guide the research. Do not have a preconceived agenda which will only distort the result."
-Barbara Tuchman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:40 am 

That is alovely clean build, Mr Park. It also helps me with the placement of one or two items, too (ie night bouy).

I notice you have used the camouflage pattern on the bridge structure as per the Prussia Cove pictures. Me too. :cool_2:

Regards, Dave.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next