The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:18 pm 

Got mine ,a little bit of damage to the box and resign parts . but i can repair them.... :thumbs_up_1:

Can i ask though , the wood deck came with 2 bits of brass wire . What are they for ???

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:55 am 

evo6tme wrote:
Got mine ,a little bit of damage to the box and resign parts . but i can repair them.... :thumbs_up_1:

Can i ask though , the wood deck came with 2 bits of brass wire . What are they for ???

You can use it for rigging of boom.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:10 pm 

Hi,

I've just started with this set and noticed a printing error. When assembling the 45ft Motor Launch, the instructions show you to use item number 241, as highlighted here:

The actual item number required is 245 which I have highlighted here:

Item number 241 is actually the incredibly small propeller. I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed this or pointed it out so i thought I would post it here. Sorry about the size of the pictures, they were the best I could find to edit.

Would also like to say that the detail on this set is fantastic and I am loving every minute so far :thumbs_up_1:

Cheers,

Mike.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:29 am 

Dear Mr. Kim,

Please kindly check your "help@" mail box. Thank you.

Best regards
Guido Hopp

Never wear your best trousers when you go out to fight for freedom and truth. - H. IBSEN

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk8zhb1sc4Pe3BRLqq3d-SQ

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:03 am 

AngloSaxon wrote:
Hi,

I've just started with this set and noticed a printing error. When assembling the 45ft Motor Launch, the instructions show you to use item number 241, as highlighted here:

Item number 241 is actually the incredibly small propeller. I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed this or pointed it out so i thought I would post it here. Sorry about the size of the pictures, they were the best I could find to edit.

Would also like to say that the detail on this set is fantastic and I am loving every minute so far :thumbs_up_1:

Cheers,

Mike.

Thanks Mike, I haven't started mine yet so that is very helpful.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:09 am 
PontosModel
PontosModel

AngloSaxon wrote:
Hi,

Mike.

Thanks Mike,

This is my Big mistake. I stand corrected.
I'm wrong about the part Number—245 is correct.

Best Regards,

SH Park
Pontos Model

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:49 am 

SH Park wrote:
This is my Big mistake. I stand corrected.
l

No problem. Hope I didn't get you into any trouble :-P

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:41 pm 

Hi,

I have just started working on this again and unfortunately, have noticed another printing error on the same 45ft Motor Launch. The instructions show item number 243:

When in fact the item number should be 234:

I'm not sure if I should keep posting this information here (although it is making people aware) so if I should happen to discover any further problems would you prefer me to email you or something?

Cheers,

Mike.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:42 am 

Is there an error in the instructions referring to the removal of the splinter shield midships? They are marked in red for removal and there are replacement parts for them, however the replacement shields do not have the upward sloped curves which sit in front of the shields on the kit. Also all of the photos of the model on Pontos' site have the plastic still in place. The brass replacement parts also appear to be canvas covered railings.

David Gatt

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:59 am 
PontosModel
PontosModel

David Gatt wrote:
Is there an error in the instructions referring to the removal of the splinter shield midships? They are marked in red for removal and there are replacement parts for them, however the replacement shields do not have the upward sloped curves which sit in front of the shields on the kit. Also all of the photos of the model on Pontos' site have the plastic still in place. The brass replacement parts also appear to be canvas covered railings.

David Gatt

Well, we watched and analyzed these areas as rails with canvas not specific shields.
So I realized this as canvas shape on out side and rrail shape inside. So even though Academy realized these as some specific slope shape, we did as general rail shape.

This work may be hard to apply so it is for advanced modellers.
But I personally tested and have some better effect than thick kit barrier though our showing sample had not been applied this.

Any opinion will be welcome.

Thank you
Kim

http://pontosmodel.com
Shop: http://hobbydecal.com

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:45 am 

Ok I've done a bit of searching. I'm not 100% sure but I think it's a safe bet that the bumps that are in the plastic shouldn't be there. So I'll use your photo etch.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:43 pm 

V.e. Tarrants book Battleship Warspite has a photograph taken at Normandy of a close up off the 4 inch twin guns and they are definatlly surounded by splinter sheilds (page 131). It seems they appeared about 1942 at a guess . As reconstructed warspites twin 4 inch guns were surounded by raillings . So i suppose its down to what year your modelling :thumbs_up_1:

Editted to say ,there is allso a close shot on page 117 of same book looking along the splinter shield in 1943 and they do indeed undulate up and down allong there length . I would say they are even highed than the molded on kit parts . 6 to 7 feet at there highest .

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:36 am 

Hey thanks for that, I don't know that book, would it be possible for you to scan or photograph the pics and email them to me.

David Gatt.
www.davidgatt.id.au
for images of my ships and plenty of reference photos that I've taken.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:06 pm 

David Gatt wrote:
Hey thanks for that, I don't know that book, would it be possible for you to scan or photograph the pics and email them to me.

pm sent :thumbs_up_1:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:49 pm 

Hi,
I got this set in the mail a few days ago.. all I can say is wow! :woo_hoo: even my cynical (of all things scale) other half was impressed.

However I have a problem with the set.. well it's not the set, rather the instructions. I find almost all of the assembly steps very difficult to read due to the quite small size of the printed instruction sheet. I see that some of the assembly steps have been posted in this thread and they are much easier to read, thanks!

So... I was wondering if Pontos could post all the other assembly steps in the same manner, OR, post them on their website, OR produce the instructions as a PDF file.. It would be a great help to us.. mature :cool_1: modelers who are lost without their glasses!

I wish Pontos a great future, because at this quality they certainly deserve it. :thumbs_up_1:

Cheers,
Phil.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:30 am 
PontosModel
PontosModel

Stary wrote:
Hi,
I got this set in the mail a few days ago.. all I can say is wow! :woo_hoo: even my cynical (of all things scale) other half was impressed.

However I have a problem with the set.. well it's not the set, rather the instructions. I find almost all of the assembly steps very difficult to read due to the quite small size of the printed instruction sheet. I see that some of the assembly steps have been posted in this thread and they are much easier to read, thanks!

So... I was wondering if Pontos could post all the other assembly steps in the same manner, OR, post them on their website, OR produce the instructions as a PDF file.. It would be a great help to us.. mature :cool_1: modelers who are lost without their glasses!

I wish Pontos a great future, because at this quality they certainly deserve it. :thumbs_up_1:

Cheers,
Phil.

Now we are optimizing PDF version manuals (downloadable)
I think we can show this version after Wednesday (21th Dec.).
Thank you
Kim

http://pontosmodel.com
Shop: http://hobbydecal.com

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:45 am 

That would be fantastic Mr Kim :thumbs_up_1:
Thank you very much,
Phil

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:40 pm 

evo6tme wrote:
V.e. Tarrants book Battleship Warspite has a photograph taken at Normandy of a close up off the 4 inch twin guns and they are definatlly surounded by splinter sheilds (page 131). It seems they appeared about 1942 at a guess . As reconstructed warspites twin 4 inch guns were surounded by raillings . So i suppose its down to what year your modelling :thumbs_up_1:

The shields in front of the 4" mounts were fitted during the refit at Puget, and as the kit stands, it has to be modelled post late '41 Puget refit due to various changes that were made at that time (unless the modeller is taking on a major scratch mod challenge to back date to an earlier part of the war).

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:24 pm 

Rob-UK wrote:
evo6tme wrote:

The shields in front of the 4" mounts were fitted during the refit at Puget, and as the kit stands, it has to be modelled post late '41 Puget refit due to various changes that were made at that time (unless the modeller is taking on a major scratch mod challenge to back date to an earlier part of the war).

Thanks for the clarification on the shields gentlemen. Much appreciated. :wave_1:

David Gatt

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:27 pm 

Mr Kim,

Many thanks for uploading the instructions in pdf format.. it is just what santa ordered for my bad eyes! :thumbs_up_1:

Happy New Year to you and all at Pontos.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next