The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 9:29 pm 
Offline
PontosModel
PontosModel
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:26 am
Posts: 693
Location: Korea
Hi All,

Tracy and Sean sent us many high Resolution photos of CA-35 related.
And during processing of 1/200 Bismarck,
Mr. Park has started to design some PE parts of CA-35 from time to time.
So this is not took much time to be released.
Both CA-35 sets for Academy and Trumpeter kit will be released at the same time.
Though both kit have their own merits and demerits, we found in Academy's favor a little.

These sets will have contents as

1. Wooden deck.
Will have wooden deck with deck-blue stained.

2. Turned brass parts:
Almost possible turned brass parts will be included...

3. Photo Etching parts
I cannot tell how many but I don't mind any limit in realizing with PE.

4. Resin.
Some parts.
Veteranmodel parts can be added in some version.

5. Dry Transfer
Water draft marks and Etc.

Releasing date:
We will try you can see this set by June.

Keep your eyes on this Thread.

If you have any suggestion or advice, please post and leave message on this thread.

Thank you
Keumho Kim

_________________
Image
Kim of Pontosmodel
http://pontosmodel.com
help@pontosmodel.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 10:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:19 am
Posts: 156
It is very good news! My Indianapolis are ready for construction. But what about set for Tirpitz 1/350?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 12:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:28 pm
Posts: 256
Location: Downey, California
A suggestion, along the lines of your 1980s Iowa-class series... How about a 1944-fit USS Portland conversion? I've been studying up on it, and a bit of resin for the different superstructure around the first funnel plus a few different gun tubs is all that would be needed beyond what's already in the Academy kit. The modeler cuts away a bit at the middle of the hull and kit superstructure, and in goes the resin. Since the kit's midship well deck has no planking (correct for this time period, for both sister ships), sanding out the splicing seam would be simple. Based on the Academy kit parts, I don't think they've planned to produce a Portland kit with these molds - so there should be little competition for a conversion set of this kind.

- Sean F.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 5:17 am 
Offline
PontosModel
PontosModel
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:26 am
Posts: 693
Location: Korea
SeanF wrote:
A suggestion, along the lines of your 1980s Iowa-class series... How about a 1944-fit USS Portland conversion? I've been studying up on it, and a bit of resin for the different superstructure around the first funnel plus a few different gun tubs is all that would be needed beyond what's already in the Academy kit. The modeler cuts away a bit at the middle of the hull and kit superstructure, and in goes the resin. Since the kit's midship well deck has no planking (correct for this time period, for both sister ships), sanding out the splicing seam would be simple. Based on the Academy kit parts, I don't think they've planned to produce a Portland kit with these molds - so there should be little competition for a conversion set of this kind.

- Sean F.


Sean,
Well at this time we would release only CV-35 indianapolis sets.
And if this is possible it would be after Iowa WWII, North Carolina and South Dakoda classes.
Thank you
Kim

_________________
Image
Kim of Pontosmodel
http://pontosmodel.com
help@pontosmodel.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 7:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:28 pm
Posts: 256
Location: Downey, California
Pontosmodel wrote:
SeanF wrote:
A suggestion, along the lines of your 1980s Iowa-class series... How about a 1944-fit USS Portland conversion? I've been studying up on it, and a bit of resin for the different superstructure around the first funnel plus a few different gun tubs is all that would be needed beyond what's already in the Academy kit. The modeler cuts away a bit at the middle of the hull and kit superstructure, and in goes the resin. Since the kit's midship well deck has no planking (correct for this time period, for both sister ships), sanding out the splicing seam would be simple. Based on the Academy kit parts, I don't think they've planned to produce a Portland kit with these molds - so there should be little competition for a conversion set of this kind.

- Sean F.


Sean,
Well at this time we would release only CV-35 indianapolis sets.
And if this is possible it would be after Iowa WWII, North Carolina and South Dakoda classes.
Thank you
Kim


That's quite all right. I can just stick with "Plan A" and scratchbuild my own conversion. :)

- Sean F.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 8:37 pm 
Offline
PontosModel
PontosModel
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:26 am
Posts: 693
Location: Korea
SeanF wrote:
That's quite all right. I can just stick with "Plan A" and scratchbuild my own conversion. :)

- Sean F.


Yep what I can help is our CA-35 set will have Dry transfer including also ship name and number of Portland.
Kim

_________________
Image
Kim of Pontosmodel
http://pontosmodel.com
help@pontosmodel.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 10:11 pm 
Online

Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:19 pm
Posts: 510
Too much talk, not enough photos ;)

_________________
"Also we will never see a 1/350 late war Enterprise from Dragon due to a paralyzing fear of success...." - Heavy Melder

Lots of unfinished model ships + attention issues = A busy slipway where nothing gets done!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 12:12 am 
Offline
PontosModel
PontosModel
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:26 am
Posts: 693
Location: Korea
JTninja wrote:
Too much talk, not enough photos ;)


Yep posting photos are our favorite work.
Just after some out put come we will post as soon.

But for more perfection, we would get any advice or reference from you during the procedure as other projects..

Thank you
Kim

_________________
Image
Kim of Pontosmodel
http://pontosmodel.com
help@pontosmodel.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:38 am
Posts: 479
Any more news and photos on this one yet?

_________________
Gabriel

Current build:
Trumpeter USS Hornet CV8 1/350 - Midway

Next build:
Aoshima Nagara 1/350


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:41 am 
Offline
PontosModel
PontosModel
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:26 am
Posts: 693
Location: Korea
Angeliccypher wrote:
Any more news and photos on this one yet?

Many things are in test by Mr. Park.
But he decided to add more Inner frame on the main crane so he finally has broken all the test PE parts.
And now I am digging how to upgrade Trumpeter's terrible main barrels and Axis better than Academy's.

Please wait more...

Kim

_________________
Image
Kim of Pontosmodel
http://pontosmodel.com
help@pontosmodel.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:42 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:23 am
Posts: 19
Hi Kim.
Your website needs updating badly. Your list of sets is out of date.
One request, could you please make the numbers in your instructions larger as they are too hard to read for older eyes.
Cheers
Warren

PS The replacement wooden deck part arrived earlier this week.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:25 pm 
Offline
PontosModel
PontosModel

Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:01 pm
Posts: 103
Location: South Korea
I'm now fitting with test PE for Academy USS Indianpolis.

Here is Catapult.
Image

Image

Crane
Image

ladders
Image

5" gun director
Image

Image

Image
Left is Academy Right is Trumpeter...

Image
with main gundirector

Main gundirector
Image

Armo Rack
Image

Image

Boat Davit
Image

Wind deflector
Image

Stack
Image

Image

Veteran Model Resin Parts for Deluxe set.
Image

Thanks

SH Park
Pontos Model


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:14 am 
Online

Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:19 pm
Posts: 510
Wow!

Hope there's a '44 version when the '44 Trumy kit comes out, that work is fantastic!

_________________
"Also we will never see a 1/350 late war Enterprise from Dragon due to a paralyzing fear of success...." - Heavy Melder

Lots of unfinished model ships + attention issues = A busy slipway where nothing gets done!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:41 am 
amazing !!!
Mr. Park ,any chance a set for Academy Graf Spee ?,IMO is a neglected kit.
regards


Top
  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:32 pm
Posts: 45
Any chance of some new midships decking with the set? The midships area around the 5 inch guns and some of the Bofors tubs seem to have those little raised rectangles. I'm guessing that Academy was trying to simulate little antiskid or antislip surfaces. However, in my mind they really detract from the look of that area of the model, being totally out of scale. A crewman would break an ankle or two, were they that size on the real thing. Some photoetch replacement decking might do the job quite nicely, here.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:02 pm
Posts: 1203
Location: New Orleans, LA
Kim,

Would this fit the Trumpeter ship decently? What's the price target?

_________________
- Chris

Current builds:
* 1/700 USS Nevada
* 1/700 USS Maine
Near Future:
* 1/700 Scharnhorst
* 1/350 Yamato


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:05 am 
Offline
PontosModel
PontosModel
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:26 am
Posts: 693
Location: Korea
guest wrote:
amazing !!!
Mr. Park ,any chance a set for Academy Graf Spee ?,IMO is a neglected kit.
regards

Graf Spee has been done 80%. But delayed for a long time by other schedule.

JTninja wrote:
Wow!

Hope there's a '44 version when the '44 Trumy kit comes out, that work is fantastic!

PetrolGator wrote:
Kim,

Would this fit the Trumpeter ship decently? What's the price target?

Our CA-35 detail set for Trumpeter kit is also coming.
But this may be for the 1945 version.
Kim

_________________
Image
Kim of Pontosmodel
http://pontosmodel.com
help@pontosmodel.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:17 am 
Offline
PontosModel
PontosModel
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:26 am
Posts: 693
Location: Korea
aptivaboy wrote:
Any chance of some new midships decking with the set? The midships area around the 5 inch guns and some of the Bofors tubs seem to have those little raised rectangles. I'm guessing that Academy was trying to simulate little antiskid or antislip surfaces. However, in my mind they really detract from the look of that area of the model, being totally out of scale. A crewman would break an ankle or two, were they that size on the real thing. Some photoetch replacement decking might do the job quite nicely, here.


We've just tried to cover these antislip surfaces and other needless molds.
Image
Image

Thank you
Kim

_________________
Image
Kim of Pontosmodel
http://pontosmodel.com
help@pontosmodel.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:34 am 
Offline
PontosModel
PontosModel
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:26 am
Posts: 693
Location: Korea
Today, we've finalized 98% of our Indianapolis detail set for Academy kit.
A few remains are decal printings and some more details on the hull.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

This set for academy will be released with two grades.
The 35017F1 and 37017F1 "Advanced set"

Thank you
Kim

_________________
Image
Kim of Pontosmodel
http://pontosmodel.com
help@pontosmodel.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:38 am
Posts: 479
Will the advanced set contain everything from the basic set or will you need to buy the basic set and advanced set seperately?

_________________
Gabriel

Current build:
Trumpeter USS Hornet CV8 1/350 - Midway

Next build:
Aoshima Nagara 1/350


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Heavy Melder, JH, Tankerman and 9 guests


You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group