The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:12 pm 

Dave Spencer wrote:

I am hoping that it will be possible to make the KGV at the time of the sinking of the Bismarck with this Pontosmodel update (probably using the PoW kit).

Regards, Dave.

David, I've seen other people suggest building the KGV using the PoW kit rather than the KGV kit itself. Is there a good reason for this. The the PoW the same kit, but just with extra sprues? Thanks. - Simon.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:18 pm 

Pontosmodel wrote:
Now for the KGV Class we have some problems in gathering information and references for more perfect set.
Kim

Hi Kim, Have you seen a copy of "King George V class battleships" by V. E. Tarrant (London : Arms & Armour, 1999.)

Unfortunately I don't have a copy I can lend you... the copy I have read belongs to my county library. But if you can source a copy I expect that it would be useful.

Simon.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:49 am 

SimonOcean wrote:
David, I've seen other people suggest building the KGV using the PoW kit rather than the KGV kit itself. Is there a good reason for this. The the PoW the same kit, but just with extra sprues? Thanks. - Simon.

Hi Simon.

From what I gather, it is easier to use the PoW to produce a May 41 KGV because the Tamiya 1/350 kit of the PoW has the catapult and aircraft hangar, both of which are not present in the Tamiya version of the KGV, which is a late war fit with what I think is a boat deck instead. I will need to work out the radar, aerial and AA fit to make it more accurate. Hopefully, the Pontosmodel set will make this possible.

Then it is on to building a back dated Prinz Eugen and hoping for a 1/350 HMS Rodney.

Regards, Dave.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:00 pm 

Hi David,

Thanks for the information regarding the Tamiya kits.

I second what you say about wishing for a 1/350 Nelson-class battleship in styrene. My biggest wish is that Dragon would do it. Otherwise Tamiya would no doubt do a very good job. However I think the chances of this are slim. Maybe there is a better chance that Academy or Trumpeter would do it which would be great regardless. It is quite a major - and very effective - class of ship to have been passed over for so long in my opinion.

(I am biased... my uncle served in HMS Nelson).

Simon.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:59 pm 
Pontosmodel wrote:
Seeadler290 wrote:
Would LOVE to see a Scheer conversion!!!!

Graf Spee is almost finished for Trumpeter or Academy.
We may research some more for the Scheer conversion.
But I think this is not so hard work.

Thank you
Kim

Great news Kim. I am really hoping this will be the '40-'41 fit of his famous raiding cruise. This calls for the bow and significant bridge/superstructure reconfiguration from the earlier Graf Spee-like pagoda form. The pre-'40 configuration offers only limited modeling opportunities (Shake-Out and Spanish Civil War cruises) while the later bridge allows easy modifications for the vast majority of his war service.

Major fan of Ponto products,
Mark

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:59 am 

Pontosmodel wrote:
I don't understand why these threads are for other ships not Essex class...
So please request after buying one Essex Class DT set on this thread...(Joke!) :woo_hoo:

O.K. Men...
I will show you our fixed schedule for this year and next year plan for the detail up set.

I have already bought two of the Essex sets. Does it qualify me to do two wishes?

Your list of coming releases is quite impressive, but I miss a couple of sets.

A set for the Trumpeter Liberty would be wonderful. And conversions based on the Liberty ships. There must be lots of variants. Tankers, hospital ships, repair ships and so on.

I would also love to see sets for the japanese cruisers from Tamiya.

Post subject: 3rd Elevator location...
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:20 pm 
PontosModel
PontosModel

Hi all who have already these sets and who already have started these ship projects...
The Kit 3rd Elevator location is quite located to center ward so we moved this location to the starboard side as original location in design our wooden deck.

So if you would add some detail up on this elevator you should move the whole this area to match our deck sheet.

Yellow area is original kit elevator location. and Blue area is deck sheet.

And The First Elevator has not been changed the location though this also wrong location on kit.
So you can add detail on this first at original location.

Thank you
Kim

http://pontosmodel.com
Shop: http://hobbydecal.com

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:06 pm 

Kim, thank you very much Zdeněk

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:09 am 

Pontosmodel wrote:
Kongo Class 4 ships for Fujimi/Aoshima

This schedule is fixed for 2012 and planned for 2013.
If there are new good kits, these may cut in this schedule.

All are 1/350 scale if not noted..

Thank you
Kim

Kim this project is still in going or is cancelled.
Thanks in advance !

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:41 pm 

I'm so impressed with your detail kits that it affects what ship models I now purchase. I'm looking forward to the North Carolina and South Dakota class sets. Just finished Yorktown and Warspite- fantastic!!! Any thought to the new Indianapolis from Academy and Trumpater?
Walt Haynes

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:55 pm 

Kim, I echo Walt's comments about your Detail Up Sets. I am in the process of building the Academy kit of HMS Warspite and have enjoyed adding your detail set so much that I have now obtained the King George V set and the Tamiya kit of the Prince of Wales. I am about to order the Yorktown set and have a Trumpeter HMS Dreadnought awaiting the release of your set. I normally scratch build 1/48th.scale radio controlled merchant ships including all the fittings, so to find everything I require in one box is a luxury.
Chris

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:34 am 

Hello Kim

I am totally over overwhelmed! I have just found a Tigonderoga kit for 43EUR on E-Bay...so your set will be next. I especially would like to thank you for the great ohotos which will make working your set and working Essex class ships in gereral soo much easier.

thanks
Uwe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:28 am 
Hi Kim, I bought a kit of your 1/350 USS Essex Class AC Detail Up Set, the hancock one. But is there any recommendations about extra PE that can add more details? Thankyou!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:03 pm 

No CVAN-65 detail set?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:25 pm 

gtbred wrote:
No CVAN-65 detail set?

I suggest you look at Edward’s. They have a large collection of etch for CVN 65. I doubt Pontos will spend time doing an etch set for a 30 year old kit when there are so many newer kits out and still coming out. Check out eBay.

David Gatt

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:49 pm 

The rear elevator modification that was pointed out when this set was released, put me before some problems in my recent Cv-9/CV-19 topic. I wanted to take care so I could build the elevator open, so I knew that I would have to reconstruct the elevator inside edge because of the changed fillet radius. That 's not the problem. But now I found out that the PE part 605for this elevator's edge is etched partly out of register. Some of the sketch lines must have been offset for 0.4 mm. The elevator hole will be visibly offset. The front elevator part on the other hand seems OK. I looked in both 35005F1 and 35006F1 and both have this error. I'm still thinking of a solution to get 2 symmetrical PE parts.

Attachments:
20230618_203439.jpg
20230618_203439.jpg [ 2.73 MiB | Viewed 2022 times ]
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8