The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: MosquitoCon 24!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:58 am 

In just about 78 days, on Saturday April 4, 2015, MosquitoCon 24 will here. The show will once again be at the Wayne Police Athletic League (PAL) Hall just off of Route 23, about a mile or so north of Route 80 (take the 1st exit).

Why come to MosquitoCon? Well, here's just a few reasons:

- It's one of the largest annual model hobby events not only in Jersey, but on the East Coast!

- NJIPMS's show staff are seasoned professionals, with 23+ years of show experience under their belts!

- MosquitoCon boasts more vendors/better vendors than many IPMS/USA Regional shows!

- Number of models competing meets or exceeds the amount that show up at many IPMS/USA Regional shows!

- Lighting in the model room is superb!

- Modelers attend our show from near and far. In the past we've had attendees from Europe, South America and Asia!

- NJIPMS has many ship modelers in its membership and the ship categories are filled with great models!

- You may run into ModelWarship regulars Bob Cicconi, Dan Kaplan, Sgt Ryan and Keith Bender, among others! Rumor has it that Richard Price and his Queen Elizabeth may make an appearance!.

- The Wayne PAL has the BEST Hot Dogs!

This year the show theme will be End Game. What's that, you ask?! Well, 2015 is the 70th anniversary of the end of World War II and the 40th anniversary of the end of the Vietnam War, so that's your starting point for a theme build. It could also be the last ship in a class or type. Get creative and get building!

Please head over to the NJ/IPMS website, for full details, which include a show flyer. Soon we'll have up the model entry and registration forms. The show flyer has directions, list of categories, list of special awards, rules and other pertinent info. You can also follow us on Facebook.

I am really hoping for a record turnout in the ship categories this year, so I hope to see many of you there!!

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." John Wayne

Ship Model Gallery

Post subject: Re: MosquitoCon 24!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:42 pm 

I'll vouch for the hotdogs - love 'em. I can't believe it's almost that time again.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:37 pm 

Holy cow, this one is creeping up on us! I'll be there, but not sure what I will be docking with. The closer we get, the less confident I am that Lincoln will be done in time. I may wind up just being able to enter a 1/350 LCS USS Fort Worth, certainly not the biggest or most impressive thing ever to come out of my shop!

http://www.modelshipgallery.com/gallery ... index.html

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:12 am 

Hi, I'll be there.
I just noticed that the vendor registration form requires a NJ Tax ID and the need to register as a business in NJ?

I am just selling kits and decals that I am not going to build or use.

Is that just for established businesses?

Regards.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:33 pm 

Roberto wrote:
Hi, I'll be there.
I just noticed that the vendor registration form requires a NJ Tax ID and the need to register as a business in NJ?

I am just selling kits and decals that I am not going to build or use.

Is that just for established businesses?

Regards.

Yes

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." John Wayne

Ship Model Gallery

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:57 pm 

Hi Martin, looking forward to a good time next April.
I got your reply, it was yes, yes to which question?

Cheers,
Roberto

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:09 am 

For those keeping score, we've added a partial list of vendors attending, as well as all of the companies that have donated items for the raffle. Check out the MosquitoCon 24 page on our website for more information: http://njipms.org/?page_id=2210