The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:56 pm 

This year sees a new model show in the form of Scale Scotland!

It will be held on Saturday 5th September in the Edinburgh Airport Hilton Hotel. The show is on from 10AM to 5PM and costs £3 to get in with kids getting in free.

For those who don't know where Edinburgh Airport is, it's near the end of both the M8 and M9 motorways, it's also near the end of the Edinburgh bypass/Costorphine Road roundabout, which makes it easy for anyone who has their own transport. The hotel itself is right by the entrance to the airport, so it's pretty hard to miss!

If you use public transport I believe you can get to the airport from the city centre (ie Waverley or Haymarket stations) by tram, bus or taxi.

So far there's over 20 traders, many of which are familiar sights on the show circuit. There will also be many club displays, a flying display from a Spitfire and I'm told there might be a Lamborghini and Army display (static for both I think!). There's a competition with many categories, demos and and Airfix sponsored Make n Paint.

I'll be there as a trader but I don't sponsor the site so I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say who we are but we do aim to have a few ship models and ship paint sets amongst our stocks!

Here's a link to the show website for more details! Hope to see plenty of you there!

http://www.scalescot...o.uk/index.html

thanks
Mike

PS I'm not a show organiser!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:36 am 

Don't forget fellow ship modellers - this show is tomorrow and it covers all plastic model genres and wargames, so come along to Scotland's capital city. Edinburgh is a great place to visit anyway, so if you're nearby that day, pop along the show for an hour or 2!

thanks
Mike