The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:26 pm 

Long post and I say amazing a lot in this. My Sverlodv came from Globaltoys faster than expected. I was very pleased to see a big box so no fear of getting a small unordered placer item. However as I was bringing the box in I thought the shape was pretty weird for a ship, tank yes, ship no. I thought oh yeah the full hull was in two pieces but it was still weird. On opening the box I discovered those clear plastic “air pillows”, I took the top one off and discovered instead of a box a plastic bag like a grocery bag with the handles tied together. I pulled out the bag and discovered inside the bag were 5 separate smaller bubble bags. I pulled each out and could see the parts inside the individual bags. They were VERY well wrapped. I proceeded to open up one that I thought was the stern section, again very well wrapped. I was using an exacto knife to open the wrapping being somewhat careful when I suddenly realized, oh crap the hull has 3d printed railings and boat divots. I slowed down and pulled it out and to my amazement and relief the railings and divots had survived. I proceeded to the bow and repeated the process, this time I did have some racing damage but no big deal. I finished all the bags with no other damage. Let me tell you this ship is amazing in detail. Everywhere I look the detail is astounding. The main superstructure has 3d ladders going down each level of the deck at they are incredibly life like in size. The printed deck detail, hatches, rails, life rafts, ships hatches, it’s all there. The secondary guns, radars, gun directors all one piece with detail that just pops out. The twin 40mm look correct even in the box like “turret” the Soviet navy used. The two one piece masts are also pretty amazing in detail, the 3d spider webs attachments parts, if you know what I mean look a little daunting to cut off but other than that I think everything will be fine. I will have to do some work on mating the bow and stern together I did a quick check and they almost perfectly came together. The hull in some areas also has some fine remains of the 3d printing that will easy to be sanded down. The kit looks like the photos I have seen online but I am ecstatic about the model.

Report this post
 Post subject: Why no images?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:35 pm 

I don't see my images I have posted images from my ipad before but this time I just realized the extension said heic any ideas or help?

Report this post
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:43 pm 

HEIC is the proprietary extension that Apple now uses for all their images. Irritating, and not something our ancient forum recognizes. You might be able to manually rename them to JPG and upload them that way.

Report this post
 Post subject: photos worked
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:51 pm 

Okay so this works. I included a shot of the side to show the two hull pieces dry fitted together, pretty easy fit, sorry I just realized I never took a overhead of full hull.

Attachments:
IMG_0627.jpeg
IMG_0627.jpeg [ 2.91 MiB | Viewed 468 times ]
IMG_0637 2.jpeg
IMG_0637 2.jpeg [ 3.14 MiB | Viewed 468 times ]
IMG_0632 2.jpeg
IMG_0632 2.jpeg [ 3.02 MiB | Viewed 468 times ]
IMG_0629.jpeg
IMG_0629.jpeg [ 3.2 MiB | Viewed 468 times ]
IMG_0636 2.jpeg
IMG_0636 2.jpeg [ 2.95 MiB | Viewed 468 times ]
IMG_0634 2.jpeg
IMG_0634 2.jpeg [ 2.94 MiB | Viewed 468 times ]
IMG_0630 2.jpeg
IMG_0630 2.jpeg [ 3.29 MiB | Viewed 468 times ]
IMG_0628 2.jpeg
IMG_0628 2.jpeg [ 2.69 MiB | Viewed 468 times ]
Report this post
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:47 pm 

they were fine looking cruisers

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:20 pm 

That looks very nice - good investment! I may have to get one.

If the damn war wasn't going on, there is the one preserved as a museum in Novorossiysk. But given the tensions in the Black Sea and the buildup of the Russian Navy in that port, it is not the time to go sight seeing there.

Report this post