The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:06 am 

Rumor I have heard is Very Fire will consider this later this year if sales are strong with the 1/350 Taiho.

Report this post
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:35 pm 

And yet another thread says they are going into bankruptcy.

And other rumors, from reliable sources, say the Atlanta kit is DOA.

Who knows what the truth is...

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." John Wayne

Ship Model Gallery

Report this post
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:27 am 
3D Wild
3D Wild

We heard from Chuanyu Models, our partner in China, that there is now a strict regulation for military model manufacturers in China to produce IJN warships. Aoba by Veryfire may not be released due to the situation.

The new 1/200 Yamato model kit is banned in China and not allowed to sell in public.

Hard to understand, right?

Report this post
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:40 am 

3D-WILD wrote:
We heard from Chuanyu Models, our partner in China, that there is now a strict regulation for military model manufacturers in China to produce IJN warships. Aoba by Veryfire may not be released due to the situation.

The new 1/200 Yamato model kit is banned in China and not allowed to sell in public.

That would explain the cantankerous chatter I picked up on a thread over on one of the Chinese language boards. I hope there's a way to get it for their sake. I wonder if that doesn't also partly explain the absolutely astronomical prices I've been seeing for the Yamato - if there's no legal domestic market to support it.

Perhaps VF got in trouble for the Taiho? Hard to say anything that isn't groundless speculation.

I did note that the VF account on this forum has been silent since about the time the Taiho became generally available:

Quote:
Last visited: Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:30 am

I would be very sad if they were out of the game - I really like their choice of kits and they definitely have a very exciting to-do list. Even if it does seem implausibly ambitious at times. The Aoba would be very cool to have. Nevermind the 1/350 Vanguard and Renown also promised (two of my most wished for kits).

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:30 am 

3D-WILD wrote:

Would that mean that your partner is not going to be allowed to release the 1/350 Kii which is announced in page 204 of the first topic of this Main forum ? Or will you do it with them and sell it yourself ?

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:01 am 
3D Wild
3D Wild

PHILIPPE wrote:
3D-WILD wrote:

Would that mean that your partner is not going to be allowed to release the 1/350 Kii which is announced in page 204 of the first topic of this Main forum ? Or will you do it with them and sell it yourself ?

Hi Philippe, the 1/350 Kii will be released in a few days. Chuanyu Models keeps a low profile plus they produce 3D-printed ship kits at a small number of copies. The plastic manufacturers like Veryfire and Trumpeter are the ones under close monitoring.

Even so they repeatedly told us that we cannot use any Japanese flags and the wording Imperial Japanese etc. on our box cover to avoid getting into trouble.

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:59 am 

3D-WILD wrote:

Hi Philippe, the 1/350 Kii will be released in a few days. Chuanyu Models keeps a low profile plus they produce 3D-printed ship kits at a small number of copies. The plastic manufacturers like Veryfire and Trumpeter are the ones under close monitoring.

Even so they repeatedly told us that we cannot use any Japanese flags and the wording Imperial Japanese etc. on our box cover to avoid getting into trouble.

Any idea on an MSRP?

1/700 Saratoga w/Pontos (Needs paint)
1/700 Potato w/Kurama (On hold)
1/700 Murdertorpedoboat Ooi

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:01 am 

[quote="3D-WILD"]

:wave_1:
Meaning I will be able to find it on your website under the following page, I presume :
https://3d-wild.com/collections/warship ... nyu-models
Mr Google still does not know any website of Chuanyu, at least Mr Google in Europe

If so, please tell us when it is available on your site. thanks :thumbs_up_1:

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:08 pm 

I guess that's why neither "Imperial Japanese Navy" nor "IJN" appears on the Taiho box art. Only "Japanese".

It would be a crying shame if they were unable to release Aoba or any other IJN kits, given how fine this kit is, and all the work that went into the IJN accessories that come with it.

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:41 pm 

I guess that explains Flyhawk's sister company Kajika. I wonder if their lack of activity is due to increased attention from the mother ship as well...

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:35 pm 
3D Wild
3D Wild

PetrolGator wrote:
3D-WILD wrote:

Any idea on an MSRP?

TBD, but will make it as affordable as possible=)

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:38 pm 
3D Wild
3D Wild

PHILIPPE wrote:
3D-WILD wrote:

:wave_1:
Meaning I will be able to find it on your website under the following page, I presume :
https://3d-wild.com/collections/warship ... nyu-models
Mr Google still does not know any website of Chuanyu, at least Mr Google in Europe

If so, please tell us when it is available on your site. thanks :thumbs_up_1:

Yes Philippe, in the future for any kit by Chuanyu Models please just come to our site. Due to our partnership, we can offer lower prices than others like from Ebay. We will start selling their detail-upgrade accessories on our website soon too.

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:59 pm 

Quote:
I guess that explains Flyhawk's sister company Kajika. I wonder if their lack of activity is due to increased attention from the mother ship as well...

I have to wonder about this. If you go to the Baidu link that Strategos posted in upcoming injection kits thread, and translate into English, there's a running thread called new kit releases. In it are plenty of posts of new IJN stuff coming out. You should check out the new 1/700 IJN stuff from Joy Yard:

https://tieba-baidu-com.translate.goog/ ... r_pto=wapp

Report this post