The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:55 am 

I noticed all my old photo bucket images are now visible again. Anyone know why? I did not subscribe or do anything.

Report this post
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:43 am 

Hi Joe and all,

Joe Simon wrote:
I noticed all my old photo bucket images are now visible again. Anyone know why? I did not subscribe or do anything.

Same thing on this side... :scratch: And certainly I paid no fee, that´s for sure. I would never pay a ramson for a service that was first offred for free. Too bad because I had lost all my pics in the threads, but honor always first.

Brgds,

Willie

Report this post
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:36 pm 

Photo test from Postimage.org.

Last weekends 1/700 Liberty Ship projects, if this works:

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 6:16 pm 

Hi all,

PB has done it again. After sending me a number of e-mails requesting my purchasing one of their programs, I have received this week a further e-mails stating that from June 1st. "free hosters, like you, who use more than 25MB of bandwidth will have all of their hosted photos watermarked and blurred", followed by an example of what they mean, this one :

Attachment:
PBmail.jpg
PBmail.jpg [ 61.41 KiB | Viewed 3302 times ]

Let´s see what happens, but I am seriously afraid all my threads will be stripped of their pics again. Certainly I will pay no ramson at all.
I am starting to love these guys... :Mad_5: :censored_2: :doh_1:

Brgds,

Willie.

Report this post
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:53 am 

Hi all again,

After the famous quote "free hosters, like you, who use more than 25MB of bandwidth will have all of their hosted photos watermarked and blurred", the outcome is not even that: I am not allowed to upload a single pic more, and period, unless I pay the ramson of 50 bucks/year.
Considering that the inicial amount I was asked was 400/year, we have somehow improved :wink_3.gif , but still my answer is not a single cent. Honor is more important than money, and I am not going to pay something I have not been warned beforehand.

Nice going beyond the seas,

Willie

Report this post
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:34 pm 
I quit on Photobucket the first time they tried to charge for what had been free. Have on been back on in all this time and will never deal with those crooks again.
They sent me an email last week saying I had too many for the free service. Well I did not before and have not added in a few years so they must have cut back.. Breach of agreement as far as I'm concerned so goodbye forever Photobucket.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:18 pm 

Willie wrote:
Hi all again,

After the famous quote "free hosters, like you, who use more than 25MB of bandwidth will have all of their hosted photos watermarked and blurred", the outcome is not even that: I am not allowed to upload a single pic more, and period, unless I pay the ramson of 50 bucks/year.
Considering that the inicial amount I was asked was 400/year, we have somehow improved :wink_3.gif , but still my answer is not a single cent. Honor is more important than money, and I am not going to pay something I have not been warned beforehand.

Nice going beyond the seas,

Willie

PHOTBUCKET AND THEIR WATERMARK HAS RUINED SO MANY POSTS (on several Forums).

I'M GUESSING THE "Photobucket-user"-POSTER SEE'S THE IN-FOCUS PICTURE AND DOES NOT KNOW THE REST OF US SEE THE BLURRED/WATERMARKED MONSTROSITY OF WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN AN INFORMATIVE PHOTO.

DON'T USE PHOTOBUCKET, PLEASE! IT IS RUINING MY ENJOYMENT OF THE FORUMS!

There are plenty of other free sites and there are other sites whose yearly charge is well under 30 bucks.

Nino

Report this post
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:02 am 

Nothing in life is free ... someone has to pay for running the servers. So I don't quite understand the fuss.

Someone offered a service for free, obviously making the money for paying for this somewhere else. This may have turned out to not be economically sustainable and, therefore, they had to cut it - or they wanted to make more money, which is also quite legitimate.

Just take out your own Web-space. It may cost you 15€/£ per quarter, but you are in control, you get usually several GB of hosting space and several email-addresses. Of course, the hoster can fail, but otherwise, as a client you are the king. Use always relative address to link to your Web-space and you are free to migrate the data to another hoster without having to re-establish all the links.

Former chairman Arbeitskreis historischer Schiffbau e.V. (German Association for Shipbuilding History)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Image Image Image Image

Report this post
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:29 am 

wefalck wrote:
Nothing in life is free ... someone has to pay for running the servers. So I don't quite understand the fuss.

Someone offered a service for free, obviously making the money for paying for this somewhere else. This may have turned out to not be economically sustainable and, therefore, they had to cut it - or they wanted to make more money, which is also quite legitimate.

Just take out your own Web-space. It may cost you 15€/£ per quarter, but you are in control, you get usually several GB of hosting space and several email-addresses. Of course, the hoster can fail, but otherwise, as a client you are the king. Use always relative address to link to your Web-space and you are free to migrate the data to another hoster without having to re-establish all the links.

lot of lost pic maybe :roll_eyes: ?
Also they should've allowed picture who were here before the update to be visible not bluring/watermarking them.

Report this post
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:31 am 

Photobucket et al. are commercial operations. I they give you something for free, they can cut it any time they like. This is market economy ...

Former chairman Arbeitskreis historischer Schiffbau e.V. (German Association for Shipbuilding History)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Image Image Image Image

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:35 am 

They are free to switch to a pay model. That’s fine, I have no issue with that. My issue is that I feel they intentionally make it difficult for you to download your albums in bulk. At least this was my experience a couple of months ago.

Report this post
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:23 pm 

Not only is it difficult, they earlier said you could only post 249 pictures "free"
so I blew away my extra 28 pics to get to the 249 figure and now they have lowered "Band Width"
to make the number of free posts even less. I don't go there any more
Rich

Report this post