The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Looking for a scan
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:48 pm 

Hello

For a future project I am asking if somebody has the new 1/700 Pitroad IJN Akitsushima Seaplane Tender W203E
I want if you can provide me with a scan of the decal set it has, the problem I got ,is the available one has a small size for editing and want to make my own decals ,but need a bigger image to make them properly.

This is the decal I need for scanning

here is the link of the kit in Hobbysearch
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10476777

Hope somebody can help me.

Thank You

3.- Don't build it

Report this post
 Post subject: Re: Looking for a scan
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:38 pm 

I hate to ask this but - moderators - isn't supplying (or enabling the supply) of a scan of this for reproduction a major violation of the manufacturer's copyright.

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:49 pm 

The previous image is from the internet,don't think there is much violation with it,since Hobbysearch has posted freely, even no copyrights marks on it and I want it for a personal job in a bigger scale ,even I can use the previous image ,but need lots work to be properly set on 1/350 .

So my dear maurize ,if you have it,I'll promise not to use it for dark purposes :heh: :big_grin:

3.- Don't build it

Report this post
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:09 pm 

Many users of the internet either misunderstand or ignore copyright and the laws governing it.

1 - Copyright is the concept that the creator of an original work is entitled to compensation for the labour of its creation whenever it is used. Whether the user of the original work makes money from using it or not is irrelevant - the creator still remains entitled to compensation.

2 - International copyright is governed by the Berne Convention, to which almost every country in the world has subscribed. This convention automatically grants copyright to the creator of an original work. There is never a requirement that the creator mark the work as copyrighted. The only difference between marked and unmarked objects is that the compensation for violating copyright occasionally is reduced when the object is not marked.

3 - The only ways that an original creation loses its copyright are a - if the copyright expires (usually this occurs 50 to 100 years after the death of the creator, but note that the owner of a copyrighted work - perhaps the creator's estate or a company that paid for the work's creation - can extend the copyright by re-registering it) or b - if the creator explicitly waives copyright. The most notable example of the latter is that the United States government has waived copyright for almost all items created by government employees, such as photographs and reports, and placed them in the public domain. Also note that, in the United States at least, works created before 1923 are not protected by copyright unless the creator or the creator's heirs have registered copyright for them.

4 - Fair use is the doctrine that brief excerpts of copyright material may, under certain circumstances, be used for purposes such as criticism, news reporting, teaching, and research, without the need for permission from or payment to the copyright holder.

5 - The onus is on the copyright holder to pursue violations. For example, if a copyrighted object is reproduced on the internet, it is up to the copyright holder to pursue the violator for compensation. Note, however, that not pursuing the violator does not waive copyright, so if someone else reproduces or uses it, they too can be pursued for violating copyright.

Report this post
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:48 am 

Miguel, without myself making a moral call on this issue, I feel you would have been best to keep this one under your hat.
There are plenty of small decal makers that you could have contacted on this.

Maurice, fair call on all points and all true, but the one thing we can not control is the internet and its enormous reach.
As is the way, if you don`t want to loss control, then don`t release it, or at least display it in low res to make it useless to copy.
Miguel is only hitching a ride and perpetuating the issue, along with others who may be exhibiting better judgement, whoever did the original would be more at fault.
It is by no means right, but it has been going on since Adam was a boy.
If anyone is going to display their works, they should do it knowing they will loss control.

Report this post
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:57 am 

Brett Morrow wrote:
Miguel, without myself making a moral call on this issue, I feel you would have been best to keep this one under your hat.
There are plenty of small decal makers that you could have contacted on this.

Maurice, fair call on all points and all true, but the one thing we can not control is the internet and its enormous reach.
As is the way, if you don`t want to loss control, then don`t release it, or at least display it in low res to make it useless to copy.
Miguel is only hitching a ride and perpetuating the issue, along with others who may be exhibiting better judgement, whoever did the original would be more at fault.
It is by no means right, but it has been going on since Adam was a boy.
If anyone is going to display their works, they should do it knowing they will loss control.

Thanks Brett , now I need to change my name to Miguel Sparrow , and also tell maurize that I don't need anymore the scan ,cause did my own decals with my own means and just use the decal image for guidance , so everything is in peace.Actually I think I did a god job.here are a couple of samples

Attachments:
1.jpg
1.jpg [ 91.96 KiB | Viewed 127 times ]
3.jpg
3.jpg [ 140.4 KiB | Viewed 127 times ]

3.- Don't build it
Report this post