The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4395 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199 ... 220  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:35 am 

I'm pretty sure Mike has a good idea of what he wants to do next. It must be a potential good seller with a lot of possible boxings. And better if it's USN or Kriegsmarine.

So how about Atlantis, one of the DDG -fels class. Near-sister of Pinguin, so two hilfskreuzers and half a dozen interesting merchant ships. Just a thought.

Report this post
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:03 pm 

embarked wrote:
So how about Atlantis, one of the DDG -fels class. Near-sister of Pinguin, so two hilfskreuzers and half a dozen interesting merchant ships. Just a thought.

This ^ :thumbs_up_1:

Report this post
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:27 pm 

DavidP wrote:
drasticplastic, it was a weight issue which is why for the roll-off racks for the torpedoes with the 40mm gun.
gun weighs about 2200 lbs.
http://archive.hnsa.org/doc/guncat/cat-0022.htm
http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/WNUS_4c ... _Mountings

Thanks
:wave_1:

Report this post
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:49 pm 

73north wrote:

Could I ask ( hopefully not off-topic ) if IHP have any plans to up scale to 1/350 scale and fill a massive
Gap in the market , namely the famous WW2 ‘ A to I class ‘ Destroyers And / or J/K/N class
There are several famous ships there , Ardent , Acasta , Electra ,Glowworm , Hesperus etc
Plus Kelly and Jarvis to name a few ....
apart from the Tribal Class ( Trumpeter ) there is nothing except resin .

I'm not really interested in 1/350. And I have even less interest in British destroyers. Now, there's nothing wrong with 1/350 scale or British DDs, but I just never was interested in either, and I only want to manufacture what I know in a scale that sells worldwide. That's how I'm motivated to make a better product.

Mike Bartel
IHP
http://ihphobby.tripod.com

Report this post
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:55 pm 

Zemmix wrote:

Saaaaay as someone that owns both your Lexington Battlecruiser and Tillman resin kits any chance to see these redone in plastic? Both subjects we aren't likely to get from major makers... I have the resin ones but would rebuy in plastic for sure.

No market for the Tillman in plastic, but one or two of the others.....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMaybe :smallsmile:

Attachments:
BB49-01.jpg
BB49-01.jpg [ 193.69 KiB | Viewed 1066 times ]
BB49-02.jpg
BB49-02.jpg [ 229.46 KiB | Viewed 1066 times ]
g3-01.jpg
g3-01.jpg [ 272.4 KiB | Viewed 1065 times ]
Report this post
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:01 pm 

embarked wrote:
I'm pretty sure Mike has a good idea of what he wants to do next. It must be a potential good seller with a lot of possible boxings. And better if it's USN or Kriegsmarine.

I have no personal interest in merchant ships. I'll say this- clues as to what I am interested in doing will be in my body of work and other stated preferences from the last 30 years of business. I always liked never-weres and more obscure stuff. Never-weres are getting a fair shake from plastic makers now thanks to WoW. As I said before, I prefer to model 1) what I know well, and 2) what I think won't be duplicated by anyone else, so I can have at least a few things all to myself.

Mike Bartel
IHP

Report this post
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:29 pm 

Mike@IHP wrote:
No market for the Tillman in plastic, but one or two of the others.....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMaybe :smallsmile:

G3 Battlecruiser! Yes please!!!

Report this post
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:39 pm 

Ok, if a injected South Dakota comes out, count me in for like 5 of them :big_grin:

Matt

1/350 USS Portland CA-33 1942
1/350 Trumpeter Texas with a twist

Report this post
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:14 pm 

Mike@IHP wrote:
Zemmix wrote:

Saaaaay as someone that owns both your Lexington Battlecruiser and Tillman resin kits any chance to see these redone in plastic? Both subjects we aren't likely to get from major makers... I have the resin ones but would rebuy in plastic for sure.

Very nice!!! :woo_hoo:

I would be in for both of those if they, hopefully, happen. Wonder if I should get a second Lex to use the small bits and parts to finish the resin Tillman one day :idea:

Report this post
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:50 pm 

taskforce48 wrote:
Ok, if a injected South Dakota comes out, count me in for like 5 of them :big_grin:

Matt

Oh man... I'm down for six. Need to complete my USN battleship collection!

(I'd buy a G3 also, but only one. Okay, maybe two if a subsequent boxing had a good hypothetical WWII fit)

- Sean F.

Report this post
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:28 am 

Mike@IHP wrote:
Zemmix wrote:

Don't do this to me, Mike. Don't.

1/700 Saratoga w/Pontos (Needs paint)
1/700 Potato w/Kurama (On hold)
1/700 Murdertorpedoboat Ooi

Report this post
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:06 pm 

I don't want to get too ahead of myself, though, guys. CVA-01 is in the on-deck circle, and the Mogador is on the dugout step having just grabbed a bat. So, support those and the Colossus kits if you want to see more beyond that!

Thanks!

Mike Bartel
IHP

Report this post
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:56 pm 

Mike@IHP wrote:
Zemmix wrote:

Oh my. Yes, please. (don't listen to Martens)

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." John Wayne

Ship Model Gallery

Report this post
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:56 am 

Tiger Models announces a 1/35 Shmel class (Project 1204)

Report this post
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:17 pm 
Looking at the Flyhawk catalogue, with their continuing plans to produce HMS Vanguard, I hope it's not too many years before this actually materialises.
Old age, poverty and senility aside, I just hope my eyesight doesn't fail and my hands start shaking too much, before they get round to releasing it.

Sometime in the next ten years would be good, or am I asking for the stars ?? :huh:

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:32 am 

DaveM. wrote:
Old age, poverty and senility aside, I just hope my eyesight doesn't fail and my hands start shaking too much ... :huh:

It me :big_grin: :big_grin:

I feel the same about the 1/700th Trumpy 1942 Belfast :pout:

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:13 pm 

already there (that is why i build 1/350...) :big_grin:

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:40 pm 

Would that I had 2X the space ... :eyebrows:

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:36 am 

From Fore Hobby:

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:52 pm 

They (Fore Hobby) would do this! After intermittently fighting with the Revell one for the last 5 yrs, they release this! Undoubtedly it will be much, MUCH better, and including generous PE. It will cost more than 2x the Revell kit, but I've spent at least that much for AM, and PE, for it. :doh_1:
:wave_1:

Oh....it's an S-38B. That's a different story! I'll have to wait a little longer for an S-100!

Report this post
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4395 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199 ... 220  Next