The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4395 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191 ... 220  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:40 pm 

Chargerman wrote:
Not that new I got one a month ago.

How is it? I got a couple of their older releases to compliment Hasegawa Mikasa, and they look like early 70's tech. Nowhere near Hasegawa's Mikasa.
:wave_1:

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:49 pm 

I have the Seals Model's kit of Nisshin's sistership Kasuga - probably a identical kit, because it contains the main turrets for both ships. It is an clear improvement compared to the older Seals Models kit, but still some of the old sprues should be used for guns and boats. The Seals Models kit, which I have, are all better than 1970s kit, more like 1990s kits. The new one is mostly on the level of this century.

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:03 am 

Mike@IHP wrote:
Next two kits from IHP in the 1/700 Colossus series will be the Theseus in 1946 and the Vengeance in 1945. Availability late September 2021.

Have you got a UK distributer ?

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:42 am 

pgollin wrote:
Mike@IHP wrote:
Next two kits from IHP in the 1/700 Colossus series will be the Theseus in 1946 and the Vengeance in 1945. Availability late September 2021.

Have you got a UK distributer ?

No one there wants to stock IHP kits, and now with Brexit, we can't do business there anyway. UK customers should order from our eBay Store or one of the online vendors.

Mike Bartel

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:44 am 

pgollin wrote:
Have you got a UK distributer?

Your best bet is probably NNT in Germany. But you might want to check what their Brexit status is and whether you'll get taxed on anything you buy from there.

Report this post
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:50 pm 

Box Art almost completed by Randall Wilson ( who does the Trumpeter Kit Box Art )
for a 1/350 Model Kit of the Planned Conversion [/b] Seydlitz [/b] WW2 Warship Hull to be a German Navy Carrier

Report this post
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:17 am 

73north wrote:
Box Art almost completed by Randall Wilson ( who does the Trumpeter Kit Box Art )
for a 1/350 Model Kit of the Planned Conversion [/b] Seydlitz [/b] WW2 Warship Hull to be a German Navy Carrier

Randall does incredible work, even better, he is an extremely talented scratchbuilder.

Report this post
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:12 pm 

SO good to see paper designs making into kit form. There is only so much Bismarck we can handle. :D

Report this post
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:31 pm 

pascalemod wrote:
SO good to see paper designs making into kit form. There is only so much Bismarck we can handle. :D

Heads up - I asked Randall ( never expecting a real answer )
If it was ? Trumpeter ? .....
and it is !! ■ Trumpeter Models
Wonder when this gets formally announced ?

Report this post
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:31 pm 
73north wrote:
pascalemod wrote:

Heads up - I asked Randall ( never expecting a real answer )
If it was ? Trumpeter ? .....
and it is !! ■ Trumpeter Models
Wonder when this gets formally announced ?

It may be just for the Catalogue for now, as they have announced a 2022 catalogue after missing on on 2021

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:47 pm 

pascalemod wrote:

Before the paper designs how about the early war British carriers that actually did something (even if just get sunk)

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:12 am 

How about the mid/late war British carriers that actually did something ? ( Indomitable, Indefatigable and Implacable )

Or, in 1/350th, an Illustrious, Victorious and/or Formidable busy for years.

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:42 am 

pgollin wrote:
How about the mid/late war British carriers that actually did something ? ( Indomitable, Indefatigable and Implacable )

While I echo your sentiment in principle, the "something" they did is unfortunately not enough to push this group of ships into the category of fame required to make injction kits of them viable. I don't expect we'll see them. I have higher hopes of the early war "victims", but even her chances are slim given the size and complexity of the ships relative to their likely market value. As several manufacturers have said in other threads, what a few of us think is really missing does not equate to what will actually sell well.

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:14 am 

Apart from the lack of RN carriers in 1/350th,how about a kit of the USS Wasp CV7? I think these "What ifs" are a complete waste of time and effort,when vessels that actually sailed the seas are ignored!

regards Phil

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:46 am 
Ships that were never built are not a waste of time if people buy them Companies are there to sell kits not make a small number of builder/collectors happy. The trouble with Wasp is there was only one so no follow up kits. Also sad to say just about anything with a Nazi symbol on it will sell better then a ship that was real that most model builders don't know of.

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:47 am 

Phil R wrote:
Apart from the lack of RN carriers in 1/350th,how about a kit of the USS Wasp CV7? I think these "What ifs" are a complete waste of time and effort,when vessels that actually sailed the seas are ignored!

regards Phil

There are plenty of manufacturers and brands making kits, with a good chance of one of them making what you want one day, so there is no 'waste', really.

World of Warships is bringing never-weres and hypothetical ships to a new generation of modelers. This kind of thing will do well with them, and there are plenty of other modelers that are tired of the same-old same-old.

Manufacturers know this, and are starting to look for different things to do. The market is changing a bit.

Heck, we're doing a 1/700 HMS Queen Elizabeth (CVA-01) in plastic, and have a surprisingly huge number of preorders for it so far. And not all of them are from the UK.

Mike Bartel

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:52 am 

I know this isn't quite on-topic, but what did they envisage the KM carriers actually doing? I can see peacetime uses or part of a future fleet plan, but while Germany was in its geographically limiting location where were they going to exercise air power?

I'm never going to buy a what-if carrier, I like little ships. I'd rather a T-boat with a decent combat history than anything capital. But manufacturers go where the market is, and it isn't me.

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:10 pm 

embarked wrote:
I know this isn't quite on-topic, but what did they envisage the KM carriers actually doing? I can see peacetime uses or part of a future fleet plan, but while Germany was in its geographically limiting location where were they going to exercise air power?

I'm never going to buy a what-if carrier, I like little ships. I'd rather a T-boat with a decent combat history than anything capital. But manufacturers go where the market is, and it isn't me.

The reality is the Kriegsmarine didn't have any idea at all of the missions for their large surface ships. Commerce raiding, prestige and a 'fleet in being' was the best they could have hoped for.

Many manufacturers will diversify their selections to cater to as many modelers as possible. There's something out there for everyone.

Mike Bartel

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:25 pm 

The Very Fire 1/350 IJN Taiho Deluxe kit and Flight deck upgrade just docked.... Holy Moly!!!!! :woo_hoo: :lol_3: :big_eyes:

I may be sweeping the build deck for this one :big_grin:

Matt

1/350 USS Portland CA-33 1942
1/350 Trumpeter Texas with a twist

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:50 am 

Chargerman wrote:
Ships that were never built are not a waste of time if people buy them Companies are there to sell kits not make a small number of builder/collectors happy. The trouble with Wasp is there was only one so no follow up kits. Also sad to say just about anything with a Nazi symbol on it will sell better then a ship that was real that most model builders don't know of.

Trumpeter did the 1/350 Belfast but, didn’t do her sister Edinburgh?? What’s up with that. And where is the 1/700 version of Belfast??

BobPink :wave_1:

Report this post
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4395 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191 ... 220  Next