The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4406 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186 ... 221  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:30 pm 

Timmy C wrote:
PHILIPPE wrote:
Have seen Very Fire TAIHO 1/350 on ebay.com at 280 $ more or less ! How is-this possible when you consider the prices of the previous kits of this brand ? 100 - 150 $. This would be the type of price you might expect for a resin kit at this scale, or from Fujimi when they released their DDH Ise and Hyuga, years ago, but not from Chinese companies. Pfff ! :mad_1: :Mad_6:

Good news for you PHILIPPE: Hobby Search has it for $145, ETA July release: https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10789054

YYYYYYEEEEEES ! :jump_1:
It becomes much better. Even if this is the basic version. I have accumulated a sufficient weight of photoetch and other small parts to try improving it if I am not totally happy. That would not be the first time. For instance, I am starting the Very Fire Cleveland and discover it has no display stand provided... :Mad_5: First time I see this and will have to build one from my reserve boxes.

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:24 pm 

Quote:
Me: :woo_hoo:
My Wallet: :cry_3:
What the CNC Say's: :censored_2:
What the CNC Thinks: :crazy:
What the Adult Conscience thinks: :no_2:
Am I going to order it? :

:thumbs_up_1: You've got that right!

More expensive news. Assuming I've interpolated the images and text correctly, the deluxe kit comes with Detail Set A, but not B & C.

B is a wooden flight deck sticker, paint mask, some flight deck PE, and some aerial torpedoes
C is the full air wing - 17 Zeros, 118 Judys and 12 Jills. The kit seems to come with only 2-3 of each type.

Looks like I'm going to be all in no matter what. I just won't be able to afford glue. It'll look nice in the stash, though.

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:11 pm 

taskforce48 wrote:
Dan K wrote:
THe deluxe kit is $260 at Hobbysearch.

Am I going to order it? : :nod_2:

Matt

Business expense. You need to HAVE the kit to see if you NEED to design any 3D printed upgrades for it.

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." John Wayne

Ship Model Gallery

Report this post
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:33 am 

MartinJQuinn wrote:
Business expense. You need to HAVE the kit to see if you NEED to design any 3D printed upgrades for it.

Ohhhh you are so helpful........ :heh:

1/350 USS Portland CA-33 1942
1/350 Trumpeter Texas with a twist

Report this post
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:05 am 

Dan K wrote:
Quote:
Am I going to order it? :

:thumbs_up_1: You've got that right!

More expensive news. Assuming I've interpolated the images and text correctly, the deluxe kit comes with Detail Set A, but not B & C.

B is a wooden flight deck sticker, paint mask, some flight deck PE, and some aerial torpedoes
C is the full air wing - 17 Zeros, 118 Judys and 12 Jills. The kit seems to come with only 2-3 of each type.

Looks like I'm going to be all in no matter what. I just won't be able to afford glue. It'll look nice in the stash, though.

Right there with you Dan. For how I like to build, I much prefer this full meal deal setup. It was hard waiting for the DX version of the Cleveland while everyone had already seemed to have gotten one. Kinda hoping the DX comes out at or almost the same time as the regular version.

"This is how Admiral Okita fights."

Report this post
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:55 am 

As of right now, HobbySearch Japan is the only site I'm aware of listing Taiho for pre-order. The listings will probably expand quite soon.

Everything is listed for simultaneous release in July: https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/search?typ1_ ... fire+Model

Report this post
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:25 am 

Now available for pre-order on HLJ: https://www.hlj.com/search/?q=1%2F350+taiho

Report this post
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:01 am 

1/700 Hood from FH is also out for preorder. I bought mine and expect it in August-September.

Last edited by pascalemod on Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:36 am 

PaulC wrote:
Both regular and deluxe Hood kits are up for pre-order at HobbyEasy, plus separate offerings of all the trimmings..

https://www.hobbyeasy.com/en/data/adsdo ... twwdj.html

Release date June 10.

Hobby Easy's release date for Hood has been pushed back to June 30.

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:54 pm 

Its not uncommon for the release date on Hobby Easy to be changed a few times before its actually released. I've preordered several kits through them, and watched get pushed back and back. Once in stock though, they seem to ship quickly.

Lots of unfinished model ships + attention issues = A busy slipway where nothing gets done!

Report this post
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:32 pm 

JTninja wrote:
Its not uncommon for the release date on Hobby Easy to be changed a few times before its actually released.

Don't I know it! I remember it happened repeatedly for the Orange Hobby Caio Duilio...

I wonder if those eBay sellers with 30-day shipping windows are affected?

Report this post
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:09 pm 

Potential news regarding HMS Belfast in 1/700;

Today I once again spoke to a Bachmann Europe rep (Bachmann being the main UK distributor for Trumpeter) who visited our local shop, in hopes of getting info about the light cruiser. To my surprise, he brought up Belfast after I had mentioned my disdain for Trumpeter: quite simply, the long wait is causing problems with Bachmann, who are not happy knowing just how hot a 1/700 Belfast would be..

Bachmann - at least their UK market - are growing increasingly frustrated with Trumpeter for the lengthy delay on the 1/700 HMS Belfast kit, with the Chinese company seemingly refusing to explain why the model is taking so damn long: no reasons or excuses have been shared, with all of the manufacturers clients seemingly left in the dark about the model.

Bachmann are aware it'd be a hot seller, with 1000s of potential orders waiting for the release; to the point where they are thinking of doing it themselves in the AIP -Adventures in Plastic - range, in which they have recently imported Aoshima's range of Thunderbirds kits to much fanfair. With the real ship sitting within easy reach in London, Bachmann Europe reckon it'd be an easier endeavour to simply tool and market their own kit than waiting God knows how much longer for Trumpeter.

I know this may present itself as a rumour, but it's a little bit of hope - and news - I thought was worth shareing with this forum. We may end up with two options for plastic Edinburgh class cruisers...

Report this post
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:09 pm 

Thanks for sharing that..interesting!

I've always wondered if the negative feedback on their 1/350 kit because of the funnel problem - if I recall, one funnel was smaller than it should have been - was why the 1/700 was delayed, then the delay turned into indefinite suspension....

But curiously, their box art for their 1/700 Ark Royal 1939, has a 1943 camouflaged Belfast in the background! Time-warped box art...but also a not-so-subtle message that Belfast is still on the agenda?

Am I clutching at straws??

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:06 am 

If Bachman can see the point of doing an RN cruiser, better to do Sheffield and avoid Trumpeter altogether. Sheffield has a better combat record anyway. And is prettier.

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:25 am 

There is a 1/700 kit of Sheffield by L'Arsenal:
http://www.larsenal.com/1-700-hms-sheffield-c2x15951720
http://www.shipmodels.info/mws_forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=160102
http://www.modellmarine.de/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4364:larsenal-britischer-leichter-kreuzer-hms-sheffield-1700&catid=38:lar

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:36 am 

Maybe Flyhawk will do one. :woo_hoo:
:wave_1:

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:26 am 

drasticplastic wrote:
Maybe Flyhawk will do one. :woo_hoo:

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:25 am 

"Maybe Flyhawk"? Do you hope that? Or do you heard any rumor?

Flyhawk may be the best plastic kits, the only one, which are close to level of the better resin kits.

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:24 am 

drasticplastic wrote:
Maybe Flyhawk will do one.

Flyhawk???? When? By 2026?? :heh:

I mean......we're still waiting for the long promised Ajax, Achilles, Sydney for which they already have parts tooled from the Arethusa's... Seems like they dropped everything else to work on Hood!

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:40 am 

Well....Hood is apparently already molded and boxed, and is awaiting shipment. Whatever is their follow-up project should already be under way. Sometimes they surprise us with an unannounced release! :woo_hoo:
I would really like to see Flyhawk enlarge their production facilities and double, or at least increase, their output. A1 on all their kits!

Report this post
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4406 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186 ... 221  Next