The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4395 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187 ... 220  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:19 am 

I already ordered Hood and shows Aug-Sept delivery. And I already have a Hood built, so you can guess how much I want one. A bit worried about overscale hull plates though...

Flyhawk is really the number 1 today. They are what Tamiya used to be, but better. I wish they tackled some of the Japanese warships but I can imagine reasons why Chinese company will not do this very much very fast...

There is no accurate Yamato in 1/700 and should they make one it would monster all other sales.

Im also happy they are building Jutland warriors.

Report this post
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:29 pm 

pascalemod wrote:

Im also happy they are building Jutland warriors.

Me too. Quicker please....

Report this post
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:51 pm 

Some photos of the test shots for IHP's 1/700 British naval aircraft for the Colossus kits.

Attachments:
1-01.jpg
1-01.jpg [ 26.94 KiB | Viewed 2113 times ]
1-02.jpg
1-02.jpg [ 31.59 KiB | Viewed 2113 times ]
1-03.jpg
1-03.jpg [ 27.62 KiB | Viewed 2113 times ]
1-04.jpg
1-04.jpg [ 27.87 KiB | Viewed 2113 times ]
1-05.jpg
1-05.jpg [ 27.45 KiB | Viewed 2113 times ]
Report this post
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:37 pm 

MorgenergyModels wrote:
Potential news regarding HMS Belfast in 1/700;

Today I once again spoke to a Bachmann Europe rep (Bachmann being the main UK distributor for Trumpeter) who visited our local shop, in hopes of getting info about the light cruiser. To my surprise, he brought up Belfast after I had mentioned my disdain for Trumpeter: quite simply, the long wait is causing problems with Bachmann, who are not happy knowing just how hot a 1/700 Belfast would be..

Bachmann - at least their UK market - are growing increasingly frustrated with Trumpeter for the lengthy delay on the 1/700 HMS Belfast kit, with the Chinese company seemingly refusing to explain why the model is taking so damn long: no reasons or excuses have been shared, with all of the manufacturers clients seemingly left in the dark about the model.

Bachmann are aware it'd be a hot seller, with 1000s of potential orders waiting for the release; to the point where they are thinking of doing it themselves in the AIP -Adventures in Plastic - range, in which they have recently imported Aoshima's range of Thunderbirds kits to much fanfair. With the real ship sitting within easy reach in London, Bachmann Europe reckon it'd be an easier endeavour to simply tool and market their own kit than waiting God knows how much longer for Trumpeter.

I know this may present itself as a rumour, but it's a little bit of hope - and news - I thought was worth shareing with this forum. We may end up with two options for plastic Edinburgh class cruisers...

If Bachmann have contacts with Aoshima, perhaps they should ask them about doing the Town class crosiers, as that offers a number of potential options and they could arrange for the Belfast to be a special kit for them with its unique hull, most of the structures and fittings would be in common with the rest of the towns, and it could also allow for the Colony class too

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:23 pm 

So, regarding the 1/350 VeryFire Taiho...

It seems the kit, under the brand "Beaver Corporation", is now becoming available. I found out on facebook from HobbyElements, who had several DX kits in stock selling at $230 USD plus shipping.

A quick search on Hobby easy shows the pre-orders for both the regular version and DX version (10 p/e sheets, brass, and resin parts)

Regular ($145 USD)
https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10789054

DX ($260 USD)
https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10789057

It looks like only 8 aircraft are included though... :doh_1:

Lots of unfinished model ships + attention issues = A busy slipway where nothing gets done!

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:30 am 

There's a separate set for additional aircraft. A lot of additional aircraft - 47 total (example link): https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10789081

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:28 pm 

Flyhawk has released a third set of RN aircraft - a Barracuda, an Albacore, and a Corsair: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/363376469418?ep ... %3A2334524
:wave_1:

Report this post
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:04 am 

Popped up on Facebook but apparently this is coming and may have a discounted price for people who bought the deluxe Taiho?

Report this post
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:47 am 

It will be interesting to compare those Barracudas with the barracudas Mike Bartel is doing.
drasticplastic wrote:
Flyhawk has released a third set of RN aircraft - a Barracuda, an Albacore, and a Corsair: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/363376469418?ep ... %3A2334524

Report this post
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:15 am 

Just saw on Takom's facebook (which i don't have an account for) that they are going to do a 1/350 Sachsen class frigate of the Germany Navy. I've been enjoying their 1/35 ship weapons kits so this is a welcome addition since I love pretty much all post war stuff.

"This is how Admiral Okita fights."

Report this post
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:23 am 

MattFlegal wrote:
Popped up on Facebook but apparently this is coming and may have a discounted price for people who bought the deluxe Taiho?

ummmm......what the heck am I looking at here?

Report this post
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:23 am 

Heavy Melder wrote:
Just saw on Takom's facebook (which i don't have an account for) that they are going to do a 1/350 Sachsen class frigate of the Germany Navy. I've been enjoying their 1/35 ship weapons kits so this is a welcome addition since I love pretty much all post war stuff.

Here's the image they posted, along with their 1/144 Lun Ekranoplan. Both expected this summer.

Attachments:
Takom Sachsen.jpg
Takom Sachsen.jpg [ 90.72 KiB | Viewed 4028 times ]
Takom Lun.jpg
Takom Lun.jpg [ 98.58 KiB | Viewed 4028 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:14 pm 

Heavy Melder wrote:

From the FB post

"This ticket is the coupon for those who bought the dx Taiho. They can get the discount price 998rmb for Yamato"

No idea how one redeems the coupon, if indeed thats what it is.

Lots of unfinished model ships + attention issues = A busy slipway where nothing gets done!

Report this post
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:30 am 

JTninja wrote:
Heavy Melder wrote:

From the FB post

"This ticket is the coupon for those who bought the dx Taiho. They can get the discount price 998rmb for Yamato"

No idea how one redeems the coupon, if indeed thats what it is.

and whose Yamato would that be?

Report this post
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:47 pm 

From the FB post

No idea how one redeems the coupon, if indeed thats what it is.[/quote]

and whose Yamato would that be?[/quote]

Based on the photos on the previous page the box says Very Fire

“Oh”

Report this post
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:51 pm 

Pieter wrote:
It will be interesting to compare those Barracudas with the barracudas Mike Bartel is doing.

Theirs will have some more parts. I designed our aircraft to be easier to produce and work with, but I think the fine panel line detail makes up for it. I've never seen it this fine and crisp in this scale. And I think I did the best overall job on the Firefly; it's really sharp when it's assembled. It's a credit to the factory we're using in China.

No one make a 1/700 Sea Fury in plastic, so that one will be available separately first, by the way.

I never modeled aircraft in CAD before I did these. Didn't really want to do them at first, but I'm getting better each one I do. The 1/700 Sea Otter will be better still. And a couple more aircraft types are coming from IHP for the Colossus kits so we can do some 50s fits, and I have to model some for the CVA-01 (F35s, Buccaneers, Phantoms).

The factory in China is moaning about the work required to make this kind of detailed tooling :heh: , but the result is worth it. The aircraft will make for a nice little 1/700 sub-range of 'by-product' parts from IHP.

Mike Bartel

Report this post
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:24 am 

Latest Trumpeter announcement for release is a 1/700th Scharnhorst:

http://www.trumpeter-china.com/index.ph ... d=209&l=en

Also there are photos of the sprues for the forthcoming 1/350th HMS Colombo:

http://www.trumpeter-china.com/index.ph ... =3697&l=en

Report this post
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:31 am 

FrancisMcN wrote:
Latest Trumpeter announcement for release is a 1/700th Scharnhorst:

Hmmm...competition for Flyhawk? I don't think so! :big_grin:

Report this post
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:35 am 

Mike@IHP wrote:
It's a credit to the factory we're using in China.
Mike Bartel

Who's the Chinese company...Trumpeter/Hobby Boss, or Flyhawk...?

Report this post
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:17 pm 

drasticplastic wrote:
Mike@IHP wrote:
It's a credit to the factory we're using in China.
Mike Bartel

Who's the Chinese company...Trumpeter/Hobby Boss, or Flyhawk...?

It's a country of 1.5 billion people - there are more than two injection molded plastic factories there!!

Report this post
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4395 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187 ... 220  Next