The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4404 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144 ... 221  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:21 am 

bgire wrote:
VeryFire 1:350 USS Salem is now announced and due for September:
https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10627131
(preorders already started)

Don't scare the people Bruno!!! :big_eyes:

Buying a Chinese made kit in Japan is the worst thing to do ,I can bet that the price of that kit in Hobbyeasy Hong Kong ,will be the half of the this one in Hobbysearch Japan

3.- Don't build it

Report this post
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:42 pm 

Miguel wrote:

Don't scare the people Bruno!!! :big_eyes:

Buying a Chinese made kit in Japan is the worst thing to do ,I can bet that the price of that kit in Hobbyeasy Hong Kong ,will be the half of the this one in Hobbysearch Japan

Yes you're right: I bought my German H-39 "super Bismarck" never were in Hong Kong at about half the price :thumbs_up_1:
I posted about the Japanese retailer mainly because this give a date of issue (September) which, I expect, will be the same for HobbyEasy.

Same for H-39 detail set: announced for August on HLJ, not yet by HobbyEasy but probably for next month too... at half the price :woo_hoo:
_Bruno

Report this post
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:17 pm 

Trumpeter's first 1/700 Type 23 has been released...and comes full hull! No waterline option is available, marking an extreme swing from the previous trend of waterline-only: https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10609649

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:00 am 

Timmy C wrote:
No waterline option is available, marking an extreme swing from the previous trend of waterline-only

Huh; they'd better not start this BS with WWII era ships. I'd have to invest in a new razor saw :smallsmile:

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:35 am 

Yes, a bad idea to offer no waterline option in 1/700! I reconsider if I should buy that kit at all. I still have an WEM Type 23 and that was an idea to convert it into a Chilean or Sea Captor version.

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:53 am 

Why this new model and don´t a delayed 1:700 CV-67 USS J.F. Kennedy....? I don´t understand.....

:Mad_5:

Alberto

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:32 am 

The 1/700 Type 23 kits are announced for a much longer time ;)

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:28 am 

Glad they are going back to full hull, but I agree that not having a waterline option is too bad. I wonder if they will be doing that from now on?

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:41 am 

Timmy C wrote:
Trumpeter's first 1/700 Type 23 has been released...and comes full hull! No waterline option is available, marking an extreme swing from the previous trend of waterline-only: https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10609649

Huh!! Not even an engraved line on the inside hull to make cutting easier?? That really sucks!! Definitely not good long-range planning.
:wave_1:

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:48 am 

Trumpeter seems to be taking public feedback via their Facebook page these days, so it might be worth posting a few complaints there: https://www.facebook.com/TrumpeterChinaModels/

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:16 pm 
Here are more test shots of Flyhawks Scharnhorst:

http://www.moxing.net/bbs/forum.php?mod ... &tid=75425

I guess they will add the deck-planking last.

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:38 pm 

Looks good! Any word on whether Flyhawk will be releasing a Tirpitz to go with their Bismarck, since they announced both Scharnhorst and Gneisenau? (And hoping the latter is not far off either.)

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:41 pm 

burtus05 wrote:
Here are more test shots of Flyhawks Scharnhorst:

http://www.moxing.net/bbs/forum.php?mod ... &tid=75425

I guess they will add the deck-planking last.

I don't usually spring for 1/700 but I will probably grab this. The 1/350 Dragon is too rich for my blood.

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:04 am 

Quaestor wrote:
Timmy C wrote:
No waterline option is available, marking an extreme swing from the previous trend of waterline-only

Huh; they'd better not start this BS with WWII era ships. I'd have to invest in a new razor saw :smallsmile:

It is harder to build lower hull than to waterline a ship, no? Mark waterline. then cut. You guys stick em on a plate anyway, so Id much rather have the full option available. They should make it possible to have both version though, a whole hull without any marks helps noone and lazy.

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:14 am 

Strategos Augustus wrote:

I don't usually spring for 1/700 but I will probably grab this. The 1/350 Dragon is too rich for my blood.

Yes... it is not a simple build however is a beautiful model with lots of detail, want to see the upcoming Trumpeter,will get the Gniesenau to compare.

pascalemod wrote:

It is harder to build lower hull than to waterline a ship, no? Mark waterline. then cut. You guys stick em on a plate anyway, so Id much rather have the full option available. They should make it possible to have both version though, a whole hull without any marks helps noone and lazy.

Agree ,not for the lazy but not much problem ,much easier than scratch the lower hull, I don't see why people complain.

3.- Don't build it

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:24 am 

pascalemod wrote:
They should make it possible to have both version though, a whole hull without any marks helps noone and lazy.

:thumbs_up_1: Of course; mold a groove around the inside of the hull at the waterline and everyone will be happy :big_grin:

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:35 am 

I agree that it is easier to remove something than to add something. But that does not justify to omit the waterline hull in a typical waterline scale. Trumpeter released most of its kits with both full hull and waterline option. It should be no problem for them to continue like that. The majority of 1/700 modellers appear to built waterline models (judging from the models I see at the different sites and exhibitions), i.e. that should be at least contained. As written, for Trumpeter it should be also be possible to include both possibilities. The option with the groove inside is very annoying. There are clearly better ways to engineer such hulls. Reading that confirms my opinion that the really interesting and good kits are almost exclusively released by resin kit producers and 3D designers.

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:36 pm 

I'm not sure if it was, seems like it was, I had (have?) an Italeri 1/700 scale kit (KMS GRAF SPEE?) where they molded the hull in one piece, but spaced the lower below water part of the hull from the rest of the hull with only a series of tabs connecting the two. The tabs could be cut away to make a full hull model or waterline. This had an advantage to me in that the sections of the hull will mate together for full hull with less headaches of the two sections not matching, and of course makes it easy for the waterline modeler as well.

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:58 pm 

Yes, I distinctly remember that for my Italeri's 1/720 Nimitz. I don't see the point of it, though - the tabs were so close together that nippers had a hard time getting to them, and if you're going to space them apart, might as well just skip the tabs connecting them.

Report this post
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:57 am 

maxim wrote:
Reading that confirms my opinion that the really interesting and good kits are almost exclusively released by resin kit producers and 3D designers.

You need to see my plastic Colossus kit, then. From a former resin kit producer.

Mike Bartel

Report this post
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4404 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144 ... 221  Next