The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4404 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185 ... 221  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 10:08 am 

I've purchase several times from the above three shops. Didn't really realize they were owned by the same guy. Prices and service are great, as are Auroramodelshop, and Sunlightmodelstore. The issue of them not having advertised items in stock is debatable as everything from Asia (Australia as well) takes at least a month, or more, for delivery. However, these guys are very reliable, and recommended.
:wave_1:

Report this post
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 12:47 pm 

Daytona675R wrote:
I have bought three kits from him and I only can confirm rather long delivery times (30+ days, maybe even two months) as he is apparently selling stuff he doesn't own yet. And he is sending the items to Europe via train then :-)

[/i]

Hé hé ! By train, no ! On the back of a camel ! Everybody knows the Silk Road is a verrrry long way. And be happy, it took many years to Marco Polo to make it :heh: :-D

Report this post
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 10:31 am 
PHILIPPE wrote:
Daytona675R wrote:
I have bought three kits from him and I only can confirm rather long delivery times (30+ days, maybe even two months) as he is apparently selling stuff he doesn't own yet. And he is sending the items to Europe via train then :-)

[/i]

Hé hé ! By train, no ! On the back of a camel ! Everybody knows the Silk Road is a verrrry long way. And be happy, it took many years to Marco Polo to make it :heh: :-D

by train is no joke:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trans-Eurasia_Logistics

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 12:41 pm 

Of course, my camel WAS a joke ! :wave_1:

Report this post
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 6:16 am 

Just today! Eighty anniversary.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SWS_FeiPengr ... 0409918466

Report this post
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 10:57 am 

GREAT! Is that the non-deluxe version without the brass, and PE? Think I'll wait a little longer!

Report this post
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 11:29 am 

Just found the Deluxe version from a Chinese vendor... good price...free shipping...yatta, yatta, yatta, and immediately caved! :whistle: :woo_hoo:

Report this post
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 7:24 pm 

Nice timing, Flyhawk!

Report this post
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 3:36 am 
drasticplastic wrote:
Just found the Deluxe version from a Chinese vendor... good price...free shipping...yatta, yatta, yatta, and immediately caved! :whistle: :woo_hoo:

Correction, you found a picture of the delux version on Ebay. I have bought from that seller before, the don´t have the models. In the end run waiting a while and buying it från dawngrocerystore/sunlightmodelstore is cheaper and will arrive faster.

Just a tip.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 9:35 am 

Yep, as discussed couple posts above :-) The model is offered just by the "wearworld-1 / yanworld0082013 / sunflower939 / peaceful2018" guy who doesn't have it physically by now. For 100 %. You will wait who knows for how long just the package be dispatched and at least two or three weeks more until it reaches you.

I received both my orders and if he will offer better prices than Dawngrocery/Aurora/etc maybe I will buy from him again. As I am in no rush. But be warned.

Edit: The only problem I actually have with this approach is his inability to admit what happens. When you ask "where is my order?", you receive answers like "please, wait, there is COVID/national holiday/other BS." Instead of admitting "I don't have the kit physically, just ordered it for you."

Just building:

Report this post
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 2:20 pm 

Heads Up - In Box review of TAIHO 1/350 created by Very Fire on Youtube was posted this morning - by an IJN Fan from Taiwan
its in Taiwanese only - BUT high quality video and ma long , in-depth look at all the contents

well worth looking ( and safe link on Youtube ) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMsfMFlAchs

Report this post
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 11:34 pm 

Both regular and deluxe Hood kits are up for pre-order at HobbyEasy, plus separate offerings of all the trimmings..

https://www.hobbyeasy.com/en/data/adsdo ... twwdj.html

Release date June 10.

Report this post
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 7:27 am 

Flyhawk HMS Hood 1941
I've not been a member of the forum for very long and so would like to ask the following question since despite browsing this topic for some time, I'm unclear as to the actual status.

Is there any reliable indication as to when this kit will be available, a. As a De-Luxe kit or b. without upgrade?
It's all a little confusing for me!
I'm in no hurry to get my steamy little mitts on this kit unless it will be a limited edition, because I have Bismarck still to be started which will take forever to build but I will definitely want their 1941 Hood as a companion to Bismarck.

In addition to Bismarck, I also have the 1941 HMS Lance in 1/700 and have been blown away with the standards set by Flyhawk, quite stunning. Lance is to give me some practise with this level of painting and PE detailing before embarking on Bismarck. It's clear to me that some of the PE detailing is simply too OTT and some parts tricky in the extreme. It will have to ba a compromise between feasibility and common sense I fear!

Report this post
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 9:46 pm 

Hi Roger,

Hobby Easy has the release date as June 10 for both regular and deluxe versions and the accessories.

You can access the site through the link I posted above and see all that will be available.

It isn't listed as a limited edition, and I wouldn't think, with all the work they put into its develpment (including consultations with Frank Allen of the HMS Hood Association), they would limit its production. This should be THE Hood kit at 1/700!

Paul

Report this post
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:13 am 

PaulC wrote:
Hi Roger,

Hobby Easy has the release date as June 10 for both regular and deluxe versions and the accessories.

You can access the site through the link I posted above and see all that will be available.

It isn't listed as a limited edition, and I wouldn't think, with all the work they put into its develpment (including consultations with Frank Allen of the HMS Hood Association), they would limit its production. This should be THE Hood kit at 1/700!

Paul

Thanks for that Paul.
I'll wait until it's available in Europe - sorry, the EU. As I said there's no hurry but it will make a great companion to their Bismarck on the bookshelf.
Kind regards
Roger

Report this post
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:56 am 

I haven't seen this mentioned yet: Armory Models, who does a lot of AFV and aircraft upgrade sets in resin, seems to be getting in the 1/200 scale injected molded ironclad game. Hannats lists a 1/200 scale USS Monitor as forthcoming:

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/AR20001

The fit in the artwork is post-Hampton Roads, but a nice 1/200 scale injection molded ironclad would be MOST welcome.

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:34 am 

PHILIPPE wrote:
Have seen Very Fire TAIHO 1/350 on ebay.com at 280 $ more or less ! How is-this possible when you consider the prices of the previous kits of this brand ? 100 - 150 $. This would be the type of price you might expect for a resin kit at this scale, or from Fujimi when they released their DDH Ise and Hyuga, years ago, but not from Chinese companies. Pfff ! :mad_1: :Mad_6:

Good news for you PHILIPPE: Hobby Search has it for $145, ETA July release: https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10789054

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:04 am 

Timmy C wrote:
PHILIPPE wrote:
Have seen Very Fire TAIHO 1/350 on ebay.com at 280 $ more or less ! How is-this possible when you consider the prices of the previous kits of this brand ? 100 - 150 $. This would be the type of price you might expect for a resin kit at this scale, or from Fujimi when they released their DDH Ise and Hyuga, years ago, but not from Chinese companies. Pfff ! :mad_1: :Mad_6:

Good news for you PHILIPPE: Hobby Search has it for $145, ETA July release: https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10789054

Dont forget that those prices are for the Basic kit. There is also a detailed kit which will be about $500 Cdn by the time it hits the shores here.

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:05 am 

THe deluxe kit is $260 at Hobbysearch.

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:57 am 

Dan K wrote:
THe deluxe kit is $260 at Hobbysearch.

Me: :woo_hoo:
My Wallet: :cry_3:
What the CNC Say's: :censored_2:
What the CNC Thinks: :crazy:
What the Adult Conscience thinks: :no_2:
Am I going to order it? : :nod_2:

Matt

1/350 USS Portland CA-33 1942
1/350 Trumpeter Texas with a twist

Report this post
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4404 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185 ... 221  Next