The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 1:40 am 

What's to get damaged if its dropped... its a a MacBook Air & will simply float down to the ground.

Actually, I'm a longtime Mac user who has dropped my share of Powerbooks, iBooks & a MacBookPro. They all worked afterwards, but I have to admit that an anodized aluminum case doesn't bounce as well as polycarbonate. :censored_2: :doh_1:

Chuck

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 9:11 pm 

Without turning this into a discussion of hardware, my Powerbook is now going on five years old and still runs fine. Some of the pearlescent paint cracked and peeled off the hinges, and has been abraded off the area right of the mousepad by my palm, but that is the extent of the problems.

My PC-based colleagues have been through 2-3 or more laptops by now.

I also have a 550 MHz G4 Mac Cube running in my study at home. It's been working fine since 2000. It supports my scanner and a printer, and I love it because it has no fans. Just convection.

-- "A Nation at Risk" (1983)

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 10:20 pm 

Werner,

I agree with you - I'm using a 2-year old MBP & my 4+ year PB is now in my brother's hands - both have been my mainstay computers for daily business & personal use with 9,000 hour annual usage. Aside from replacing keyboards that I've worn down, both are Rev A models & been running fine without any downtime since purchase.

Chuck