The Ship Model Forum

The Ship Modelers Source
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Still Plugging Along
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:12 pm 

The weather is getting colder so I picked NF back up.

I'm lowly lvl24 BO running a Somers class DD.

Im seeing battles were I score around 1500-8000 points, 100-600 reward for each of the crew.............grinding away for the Atlanta. Gah these DD battles are getting to be annoying anymore. :lol_1:

Just takes time.

TommyL.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:43 pm 

You get more XP and credits if you hit higher-level ships, like CLs, CAs, CVs, and BBs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:19 pm 

I figured as much. :thumbs_up_1:

I used to have a Gearing class DD then upgraded it to the DDR model. This was a great trainer ship for CL's as I was told but left alittle to be desired. Ship Tree Reset time! Now the Somers is great! Ive also been told that if I like the Somers Ill love the DDX.

Ive been playing around with the manuel range finder and Im getting better at it. Doing some reading on the forum I found that light shells coupled with HA tactics lets you be a sniper :big_grin: Sounds like the hot set up for the Atlanta instead of using it as a support ship through AAC.

TommyL.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:24 am 

I got the Atlanta now and its a great ship minus its crappy firing archs. Even my tinker toy dual 5" 54cal.'s have some range.

I would still like the Brook. for its better turret arrangment and firing archs though. :lol_1: End of the week maybe if I grind on some lvl's some more.

TommyL.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:25 am 

Heh, I love Brooks with 6". Nice, big, relatively short ranged target...love them in my Oakland ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:20 am 
brooks with 6" are tasty targets for any person in an oakland with HA skills :big_grin:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:27 pm 

I bye passed the Brook, for a Northampton. My only complaint about going this route on the ship tree is the CA's have a very small second armourment. Any one familar with game or me should know why I went this route. :lol_1: Its because of the Nevada class BB's. The Oklahoma will sail again! Arizona servers top gun MikieBoy666 runs one of these all the time and does great in it.

As for the NH, this ship should get a lot better with around lvl 50 gunners, ( As I was told. ) Im not going to even bother with the Portland unless it will let me squeeze duel 12's on it. Ive done some looking and it might be possible.

Right now my BO is lvl 43, heavy rld. gunners lvl 42, 2nd repairers lvl 38, support sailor lvl 22, and pilot lvl 37.

TommyL.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:32 pm 

1) You do NOT want to use the Dual 12"s. They have less than DD range.
2) Nevada cannot use its historical armament of 14" guns, because they, too, have only slightly more range than the dual 12"s.
2.5) As such, the only practical weapon for Nevada is the triple 12"s. The L version is the only practical version, yet only gives you one bind in the inner slots, so in 13 shots, you become a Panzerschiff.
2.75) Mikieboy can do good, because he most likely has multiple-gold bar gunners and engineers, which gives his ship considerably better spread and higher speed.
3) Yes, the pathetic t-slots of the NH line CAs do suck, but I'm going that way anyway, because I'm already on Brook line on Az server.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:39 pm 

Heh, so they dont have the Nevada's set up right. :censored_2:

I figured there had to be something worth while with the Nevada class for mikie to use it. Oh well, atleast I wont be making that mistake.

I still like my NH.

TommyL.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:41 pm 

I guess I should clarify: The Nevada DOES fit its historical armament, it's just that it has really bad range. Good for Night battles (where no scouts are allowed), and maybe some All Welcome/GBIIs, but that's it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:32 am 
Actually, unless your gunners are level 66 or higher, you will not be able to fit Nevada's historical armament of two tripple 14"45mk10 and two dual 14"45mk9 guns. For some reason, the tripple mk10s come at 66, while the dual mk9s come at 58 I think. You will have to use the tripple mk4s, which I do not beleive go out of your sight range, or all dual 14"45mk9s. And one last thing about the 14", with the Ls you will fit one bind I think, two with the Ns. I have not used nevada since I got my Pennsylvania a while back, so I'm not entirely sure. If you plan to go Northampton BB line, then get the New Orleans. Not the Portland. New Orleans fits about 5" of armor when you get it, which will have most km/ijn/some usn ships going "WTF???" when they see their shells bounce off. Portland can't do that. :big_grin:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:00 pm 

I think the lvl 66 guns are meant for the Tennessee, actually.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:11 am 
The level 66 14" are the 14"45mk10 tripples, which Nevada historically carried in her two outer turrets. The Tennessee carried 14"50mk4s.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:59 pm 

I remember reading that NF messed up the names =/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:13 am 
He got the names of the Nevada's 14"ers correct.